Sign in to follow this  
annat292

Hi my name is Anna

SackOHammers

Wow, a "who has the best sub" thread and everyone was nice to the new poster. That is quite rare around here.

I see you have a lot of recommendations for a TC sub. While he is considered the pinnacle around here, he is not the only option. His watches are expensive, and for those that can pick out the minuscule differences, it is the right watch for them. These are people that know a lot of very specific details and use a magnifier to look over their watches. That is a different level of replica watch ownership. There is also BK. BK Rolexes are less expensive than TC, but more expensive than just buying one from a dealer. And remember almost all of the dealers (TDs or Trusted Dealers) you find here all source the watches from the same "factories". Meaning, you might find a black Rolex Submariner made by Noob, one made by BP, and one made by V6F, or some other factory. Also, each factory may have different versions or batches. For example, from Noob, you might see a V4 (version 4), or a V5 or a V6. And each have subtle difference which most non-watch enthusiasts would not notice.

Back to BK. BK takes a Noob v5 or a Noob v6 Sub-c (meaning Submariner with a ceramic bezel insert instead of a metal bezel insert) and modifies it. He takes the whole thing apart and rebuilds it. You can look at his trusted dealer section to get a complete list of what he does. But in a nutshell, he replaces the Asian movement inside with a Swiss movement. He regulates it. He realigns all those little things that the Noob factory tends to have misaligned on a typical Noob v5 or v6. For example, he realigns the rehaut, the crystal, and the cyclops (the little date magnifier window). He tries to realign the date wheel overlay (if he can't get it right, he just replaces it). He greases the gaskets, etc. He does all this for about $150 or so over the cost of a "regular" Noob that you would get from a Trusted Dealer. Now, most people could just simply by a Noob from a TD and not notice anything wrong and proudly wear the watch. BK kicks it up a notch. TC takes it to the stratosphere. And of course, there are many different grades and options under the Noob. And near the bottom of the options popular around here from TDs is the "Regmariner" which is an inexpensive submariner purchased from a TD named "Reg". And if you go to other crappy sites or buy a submariner replica in the street, you get even lower quality.

So, lots of options. Just don't let anyone here tell you that a TC sub is the only way to go. You have options that might better fit your needs.

Edit. Adding the below:

I am slowly figuring out the repair process of these watches, I found this link but it seems like the guy got a DOA watch, I was just wondering how do you maintain them.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=96516

If you get a DOA watch and you purchased it from a Trusted Dealer (TD) here, they will usually make it right with you. However, sometimes it can be simpler to have a local watchmaker look at the watch (if that option is available to you). For me, I am lucky enough to have a local watchmaker company that is well-liked in this town. Fortunately, they also do some work on replicas. They will do the basic Asian movements, but they won't mess with the 7750's, especially if they've been given extra gears to make the subdials look like the gen (genuine). We also have a few watchmakers you can contact through this site and through RWI where you can send your watch to have it serviced. You -should- have your automatic watches serviced every few years. With replicas, it is up to personal preference whether it is worth it to you to pay to have it service, or just run it until it dies and buy another one later. Just keep in mind that just because a rep for a watch exists now and is available now, it might not be available in 5 years (or even 6 months). Some times they are run off in one batch and never seen again.

As everyone will tell you, there is a lot for you to learn and read around here. A fair enough place to start would be most of the "sticky" or "pinned" posts at the top of this forum section: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=7

If, after you receive a replica in the mail from a TD, want to make some basic checks to take care of obvious problems, the following thread is a good read. It's quite popular and well-known around here, especially because of a few funny bits in it. In general, you want to make sure the movement is free from various types of debris (dust or other... contaminants), make sure the screws that hold the movement, the rotor, and the bracelet on are properly tightened, maybe clean the caseback and threads, and grease (not crease) the o-rings. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=17441

JSJ

This is the flame-free zone and anyway we are always nice.

trailboss99

Wow, a "who has the best sub" thread and everyone was nice to the new poster.

Yeah. Funny that, wonder why? :Thinking:

SackOHammers

Are you being sexist, TB? Or am I being sexist for thinking you're being sexist?

ElvisFreak

enough already!

all this niceness is nauseating....

where is TTK?

slimshaney

Hi , Welcome to the forum