torobravo

Presenting the Rolex Submariner v6s series

tomtom1988
There is an extensive review over RWI:

https://www.replica-...ubC-v6s-Thread/

But it's down now.

I was gonna pull the trigger either on a V6s or a DeepSea D Blue V6S, but after reading that the stem breaks easily and leaves the movement useless... I am re considering it....

Thè sub is available with 2836 too (look Toro's site, search v6s)

But after seeing the difference between the SA3135 and the A2836 ( the bezel teeth for example) it really makes me think about pulling that one...

Will the bezel teeth and housing not be the same? The only difference between the 2836 and the 3135 is the actual movement I think buddy

GenTLe

But it's down now.

I was gonna pull the trigger either on a V6s or a DeepSea D Blue V6S, but after reading that the stem breaks easily and leaves the movement useless... I am re considering it....

But after seeing the difference between the SA3135 and the A2836 ( the bezel teeth for example) it really makes me think about pulling that one...

Will the bezel teeth and housing not be the same? The only difference between the 2836 and the 3135 is the actual movement I think buddy

Movement, dial feets, hands (the 2836 have different pinion sizes) and the position of the crown.

The rest I firmly believe is the same (speaking about same v6s version).

Cdevil

But it's down now.

Check out the very extensive review of the V6S SA3135, A2836 and a GEN. It talked me out of getting one shamefully :lol:

You'll see what I mean.

https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/295462-Big-Noob-SubC-v6s-Thread/

Edited by Cdevil

GenTLe

Oh no I am not gonna dig that deep: while the v6s was coming out I bought a v5 with a big discount and for me it is just perfect as it is :)

Same for my v3 hulk after I did the platinumization on it :)

Can't get why people go that crazy about such invisible details...

tomtom1988

But it's down now.

Check out the very extensive review of the V6S SA3135, A2836 and a GEN. It talked me out of getting one shamefully :lol:

You'll see what I mean.

Each to their own I guess but in all honesty if things like that bother you then youre best off saving for a gen, reps will never be 100%, its why they cost a whole lot less, just enjoy them for what they are, nobody is going to notice the size of the bezel teeth on the case back, believe me lol

Cdevil

But it's down now.

You'll see what I mean.

Each to their own I guess but in all honesty if things like that bother you then youre best off saving for a gen, reps will never be 100%, its why they cost a whole lot less, just enjoy them for what they are, nobody is going to notice the size of the bezel teeth on the case back, believe me lol

I guess everyone holds their own standard of quality in whatever they purchase. But the difference in quality between the SA3135 and A2836 really became an issue in purchase. The SA3135 is unreliable, the newer batches might be, but we won't know until the months pass. The stem could break and you'll end up with a nice looking paper weight. The A2836 sounds like the better choice of course, but if you're very nitpicky like me, and you would have an issue with a bezel that has play.. You'd understand. I'd rather purchase something that needed no modding out of the box, because I wish I had the time to work on some minor modding. If I were to pull the trigger, it would have to be on the A2836.

tomtom1988

But it's down now.

You'll see what I mean.

I guess everyone holds their own standard of quality in whatever they purchase. But the difference in quality between the SA3135 and A2836 really became an issue in purchase. The SA3135 is unreliable, the newer batches might be, but we won't know until the months pass. The stem could break and you'll end up with a nice looking paper weight. The A2836 sounds like the better choice of course, but if you're very nitpicky like me, and you would have an issue with a bezel that has play.. You'd understand. I'd rather purchase something that needed no modding out of the box, because I wish I had the time to work on some minor modding. If I were to pull the trigger, it would have to be on the A2836.

I understand the nitpicking, thats why I said each to their own, every one has their expectations of what they want :) I have a V6 and Ive had it next to the gen and to my ( untrained) eye, there is very, very little difference in it apart from a minor bit of rotor noise

GenTLe

Each to their own I guess but in all honesty if things like that bother you then youre best off saving for a gen, reps will never be 100%

It is not even a matter of 100%.

Rolex did many many slightly different versions of, for example, their dials (even the last subC is around with at least 2 dials). They messed up with Cyclops (search in the gen forums... There have been batches of 2x magnification Yachtmasters and Explorer gmt around).

Again look about not perfectly centered inserts in gen ones...

With so many variants around (gen) I found a bit ridiculous to be that nitpicker about such invisible details.

At least this is my PoV.

tomtom1988
Each to their own I guess but in all honesty if things like that bother you then youre best off saving for a gen, reps will never be 100%

It is not even a matter of 100%.

Rolex did many many slightly different versions of, for example, their dials (even the last subC is around with at least 2 dials). They messed up with Cyclops (search in the gen forums... There have been batches of 2x magnification Yachtmasters and Explorer gmt around).

Again look about not perfectly centered inserts in gen ones...

With so many variants around (gen) I found a bit ridiculous to be that nitpicker about such invisible details.

At least this is my PoV.

I totally agree with you, I buy reps because I like the look of them and they cost a fraction of the price of a gen, I like them to look like the real deal but Id never be so nitpicky about real minor things like that, if I was I simply wouldnt buy reps

Gazzla
ho006qF.jpg

Testomatic
Oh no I am not gonna dig that deep: while the v6s was coming out I bought a v5 with a big discount and for me it is just perfect as it is :)

Same for my v3 hulk after I did the platinumization on it :)

Can't get why people go that crazy about such invisible details...

Ditto got a v5 and love it so much i barely wear any other rep anymore.

The quality is just amazing, been using it daily for 3 months and not a single issue with it

JSJ

I have a V5 with a KenNy superlume (or is it a V4? Can't remember) and I never wear it because it's like a Submariner. So pleased I don't have a gen. Saved me probably £4000. What a return on investment!

animal

So, I'm thinking of going for one of these,this new version looks amazing!

Lagger
So, I'm thinking of going for one of these,this new version looks amazing!

V7 out now, missed the boat on these, which are probably going to be the version that people regard highly for a while

p-ro

how does the v7 compare to the V6?

Also, how's the second hand look on the SA3135 movement? Any owners want to share their experience comparing it to the asian or ETA 2836-2?