Sign in to follow this  
Stealthking

My First Post and First Rep

Stealthking

Guys, ease up.......I think if you read my comments, I am of the opinion that the vendor would come to the party and we'll work through this amicably.... note the LOL at the end of the line regarding disputes. Was meant to be a joke..... and for those who did not see it that way, my apologies...humbly.....

@porschespeedster, I understand that I am buying a rep and not a gen and I am not expecting white glove service as you had suggested. Trust you understand from my perspective that after paying a few hundred dollars for a watch, it would be fair to expect that at least the clasp would lock in place so I can actually wear it. I really don't think I am being unreasonable on this and its not really expecting white glove service as you had suggested.

Thanks TinMan/Grinner... yes I believe that the TD should not see any reason to avoid this as its a simple thing.....

And speaking of having fun with the watch, I have made a little change to it myself as I understand that the orange tip on the seconds-hand should probably match the colour of the red writing on the watch face.....a watch repair kit from ebay coupled with a borrowed bottle of the wife's scarlet red nail polish and hey presto............

Watch on left of pic was "BEFORE" with the orange tip and the right of pic is "AFTER" with the tip painted red..... let me know if my colour assumption is right/wrong...???

Skyfall PO Before_After_zpswnf4xipd.jpg

porschespeedster

Ah, I wasn't sure if you were ''legit angry'' or just messing about---thats the thing about emails/texts/posts sometimes...

and yah, it looks better with the red!

grinner

Don't quite understand why you're perfectly willing to uncase the movement in order to paint the seconds hand with nail polish, but don't want to fiddle with the bracelet clasp to get it to work.

To each their own, I guess.

Good luck in your quest for a perfect clasp.

Stealthking

Don't quite understand why you're perfectly willing to uncase the movement in order to paint the seconds hand with nail polish, but don't want to fiddle with the bracelet clasp to get it to work.

To each their own, I guess.

Good luck in your quest for a perfect clasp.

Hi Grinner,

With regard to the clasp, looks like the bolt part was not fixed in place or seated properly in the clasp hence a little shorter and as a result will never lock in place. No amount of fiddling with the bracelet clasp will get it to work...hence reason for going back to TD

As for uncasing the movement, I'm sure many here would agree that messing around with your reps is all part of the fun and experience with low cost repercussions.... I have two other gen watches that I would never open up in a million years but this one, I even bought a tool set knowing full well I was going to have a bit of fun with the rep...

And no, I'm not looking for the perfect clasp..... just one that works... :sad:

Stealthking

Ah, I wasn't sure if you were ''legit angry'' or just messing about---thats the thing about emails/texts/posts sometimes...

and yah, it looks better with the red!

...all good porschespeedster.... was my bad.....

Its true what they say about reading tones into texts and emails....

peteya

Nice. You can always unload it on M2M and grab the other version ;)

Stealthking

Nice. You can always unload it on M2M and grab the other version ;)

LOL.... probably wont unload it as it could be the experimental watch to learn from. A bit like tinkering with the lawnmower trying to understand how it works until one day it stops working from too much tinkering then its time for a new one.... :giggle:

ss0502

I'm about to order this one, yours looks very nice, congrats!! enjoy it!

DonPatrizio

Nice write-up

wanged

Stealthking what happened with the TD at the end? Did they fix the problem for you to your satisfaction?

Robert11

I would hope they just simply sent him a new clasp. It's pretty simple to just swap out the clasp.

Sent from my satellite phone.

Edited by Robert11

markeym3

This is niice thread ... yeah I don't think it is too much to ask for a replacement clasp ..

I like the mod to the second hand too..

I hope its first of many purchases for you.

Stealthking

Been away from this forum as was afraid it might encourage me to spend more money on more new toys... LOL..

Just a quick feedback that the TD did in fact ship out another replacement bracelet and its all working perfectly now..... Kuvarsit +1 for customer service.

They pretty much did it without a fuss and was very helpful....

As for more purchases, I'm looking for the PO GMT 42mm with the blue bezel and red numbering.......still doing some reading up on it and looking for with TD to purchase it from as currently, looks like Kuvarsit does not have that model.... appreciate any feedback from anyone who has bought one from one of the TD's and is happy with their purchase

Geof

I wish I'd checked in sooner this year, your clasp problem might not have been as bad as it appeared.

I have what looks like the same model Skyfall rep (the "1" in the "12" on mine is also slightly crooked,) also purchased from Kuvarsit last October. I never had any clasp issues until I cleaned the bracelet for the first time, then it would come undone if I just moved my wrist a little. As it turned out, the problem was that I hadn't fully closed the diver's extension, and this resulted in the pin not fully locking into place. Once I'd firmly closed the diver's extension, all was well.

Glad to hear that you got your replacement, though. Hopefully this info may come in handy should the issue ever arise again.

Stealthking

Hi Geof, thanks for the heads up re: the diver's extension... was one of the first spots I checked.

Essentially, there was a problem with the length of the little round headed pin that locks into the springs. Was so very very very fractionally shorter and would not lock in between the springs in the clasp...... we're talking microns here... LOL.

Anyhow, the TD came good with the replacement brace and all is perfect now.

By the way, I've noticed that the watch only continues to run for approximately 8 hrs beyond the last time I wore it. Is there anything that can be done to extend that lifespan before having wear it again. I was under the impression that these should run for 24-48hrs after you take the watch off...? Any advise would be appreciated...

RepC

Received my QC pictures from Amanda and they really look unbelievable for a replica.....

Just cant wait for the parcel to arrive....

Just received my first rep from amanda - a 300 spectre. I too was amazed at the quality. I have no desire to put it next to a gen. Just love looking at this thing. Enjoy the watch!

SamsonAusKognito

Welcome to the Rep Paradise :)