Sign in to follow this  
pthurst

[GEN] Tudor Black Bay (Blue Dial) Take a look...

pthurst

Hi Everyone.

Hope you're all well.

How nice is that feeling when you add a nice watch to your collection? Especially if its a rep of sublime quality! Well of course the sensation is only heightened when its the real thing and this weekend just gone (for not too much more than a watch of 'super-rep' quality), I picked up the Tudor Black Bay with blue dial.

I tried them all on in the shop, Red, Blue and Black and in the end, the cool blue on the stainless steel strap just edged it! A couple of days in and I'm very happy with the purchase.

Tudor Black Bays arn't cheap but they aren't ridiculously expensive either. WIth more than a nod to the classic Rolex Submariner style watches, the Tudor shares many design cues at less than half the price and although they feature a pretty generic ETA movement, my understating is that they calibrated prior to shipping which does make them pretty accurate (not quite to chronometer standard however).

Today I recorded a vid showing the watch and sharing some of my thoughts. There's loads on YouTube anyway but one more always helps in my opinion and I compare it to some other watches from my collection.

The link is here if you'd like to take a look...

Any questions, ask away on here and I'm more than happy to help if possible

Paul

NFleischer

Congrats- I'll take a look. Post some pics too.

Gazzla

pthurst

Congrats- I'll take a look. Post some pics too.

Thanks, I will, I've taken a few already but will post some decent ones later. Any Q's, just ask

Paul

RichardMiami

Nice review. One minor correction - it is not a blue dial. The dial is black. It is, however, a blue bezel.

Enjoy the watch! Congrats!

simey83

Lovely watch and a great choice! Enjoy it mate.

pthurst

Nice review. One minor correction - it is not a blue dial. The dial is black. It is, however, a blue bezel.

Thanks for clearing that up... I'm pretty sure I just change the terminology as and when the mood takes me :help3:

nunu78

Congratulations , enjoy it often.

Genius

Thanks for clearing that up... I'm pretty sure I just change the terminology as and when the mood takes me :help3:

you got it right at the start lol....

You also called your seamaster a speedmaster, and your sea-dweller a submariner :giggle:

Still was a nice review so congrats on the pickup and thanks for taking the time to show it off

Mariner89

That's a beauty :) is the Sub in the video a rep?

pthurst

you got it right at the start lol....

You also called your seamaster a speedmaster, and your sea-dweller a submariner :giggle:

Still was a nice review so congrats on the pickup and thanks for taking the time to show it off

Thanks a lot... I refer you to my earlier post :-) At least I am right with the Tudor moniker :-)

pthurst

That's a beauty :) is the Sub in the video a rep?

Yes it is... The Seamaster is gen but the Sea-Dweller is from Narikaa (TD on here)

pthurst

Just as an aside... YouTube have now finished processing the 4K version of this vid as it was shot on the iPhone6S plus... It's available via the same link and clip up top

Paul