Sign in to follow this  
JVK

Hello from S. America!

JVK

Hi everyone,

I stumbled upon this forum while trying to acquire my first rep. I joined a while ago, and I didn't know crap about watches in general, so I spent almost 3 months reading and rummaging through tutorials, FAQs, feedback threads, etc.

Now that I know a little bit more about reps, I decided to place an order with Mary, which consists of a JLC Master Tourbillon (the same skathewatch got from Mary as well), and a JLC Duometre -- both "fantasy watches" (it's impossible to reproduce such complex movements) but 1) I just liked the way they looked, and 2) I highly doubt I'll ever come across a gen, or somebody wearing a gen for that matter (not to mention that most people won't know JLC).

Mary managed to ship them on the 29th, just before her well deserved vacations, and CNY. I tracked the parcel earlier today and it's been handed over to customs, so the waiting game begins!

In the meantime I placed another order with Robert. I went for a 21J Milgauss from the Milgauss factory, and an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Divers with black dial and and Asian 2836 (I don't want to get an A7750 just yet, at least until I read and learn more about it).

At first I was clueless as to why everybody here was drooling over PAMs... but after a while I started to like them and decided that I'm going to give them a try. I'll probably place another order with Robert for a 111 and a 117 (love the Fiddy but I'm afraid it won't look good on my bitch sized wrists).

Anyway... that's about it. I'm looking forward to learn more everyday and spend some time with all you bunch of nutjobs :lol:

Greetings from Argentina! (and excuse my shabby English!)

Edited by JVK

Luthier

Hello, and welcome to the Forum!!!

You can't go wrong with Mary and Robert, best dealers ever!!!

And you chose great watches, indeed, good taste!

Good luck!

onzenuub

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, do not buy PAMS, they are for ga****

Welcome from The Netherlands. :lol:

JVK

Thanks guys!

onzenuub, That's what I thought when I saw all those PAMs... guess I've crossed over to the gay dark side!

:bugeyes:

:huh:

Jokes aside, I showed some pictures of the JLC Tourby to one of my professors at Uni (a Swiss gentleman and watch aficionado), and he told me that his father might be able to get it serviced! :facepalm:

Fiddo

Hello JVK!

:huh:

Welcome!

greg_r

Welcome JVK! :D

Del

Hello and welcome :lol:.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :lol: