Sign in to follow this  
FreezerBurn

Stamped leather a giveaway?

FreezerBurn

I find the the quality of reps bodies are great, but some of these straps that come with the reps have alligator stamping on them. Do gens do this, and do you find that the strap can blow your cover?

Drhulee
I find the the quality of reps bodies are great, but some of these straps that come with the reps have alligator stamping on them. Do gens do this, and do you find that the strap can blow your cover?

Cheaper gens do, but most over $1k would, or should, have gen gator.

greg_r

Rep straps suck anyhow (at least, most of them do - there are occasional nice surprises to be had :D ). Whenever I buy a new watch I tend to budget for a replacement strap too, though.

Del

Some rep straps are very good, for example the PAM 288 black croc/gator is excellent and looks very much like the gen (there have been comparisons on other recent threads). The strap on my PAM 233 (not a croc) is also very good and looks like the gen (apart from the tang buckle rather than deployment), and the Breitling brown croc strap I juts got for my SOSF is excellent too - don't think many folk would guess it was a rep strap.

p1244974v2.jpg

p1084825v2.jpg

p2035065v2.jpg

FreezerBurn
Some rep straps are very good, for example the PAM 288 black croc/gator is excellent and looks very much like the gen (there have been comparisons on other recent threads). The strap on my PAM 233 (not a croc) is also very good and looks like the gen (apart from the tang buckle rather than deployment), and the Breitling brown croc strap I juts got for my SOSF is excellent too - don't think many folk would guess it was a rep strap.

I've got a brown gator strap in the mail, haven't seen it yet but brown rep straps seem to look better than the black rep straps. Maybe it's because of the shadowing they try to pull off. Guess we will see when it gets here. I've been looking around and found a few sites that do alligator but the price is around 300-400USD. It's alot when I've already put down almost $500 on the jaeger tourbillion. Still guess I already got a deal compared to the gen.

Aren

I don't know straps,

but I happen to like the strap on my new Lange from Robert.

I didn't expect to like it, but it is really nice IMO, so

I don't want to change the Lange strap,

I still want to change the strap on my Fiddy

for better fit, feel and appearance.

Hope you really like your new purchase FB. :lol:

Member X

I've got a brown gator strap in the mail, haven't seen it yet but brown rep straps seem to look better than the black rep straps. Maybe it's because of the shadowing they try to pull off. Guess we will see when it gets here. I've been looking around and found a few sites that do alligator but the price is around 300-400USD. It's alot when I've already put down almost $500 on the jaeger tourbillion. Still guess I already got a deal compared to the gen.

Will look forward to pics! :)