Sign in to follow this  
grinner

Quick Omega 300 Spectre (v2) review

grinner

I just got this and wanted to give a really short review. Based on previous reviews, I assume this is a second version because there are some noticeable differences -- some of which can be seen in the quick wrist shot below.

1. The bezel is much closer to the real one.

2. The bezel is bi-directional

3. The bracelet is closer to the original, with brushed links, the "007" etching, AND the micro-adjust feature in the clasp. More on that below.

Some other initial thoughts:

1. The bezel looks more gray than black in some lighting conditions, and is glossy. I don't know if that's correct; I'd prefer if it were black in all lights and less glossy, but that's not a deal breaker.

2. The bracelet is much better than the one on the "Ultimate" Planet Ocean I bought three years ago. That one rattled and the clasp was difficult to keep locked from the start. This one feels almost gen.

3. Did I mention that I love the micro-adjust feature in the clasp? I've owned a couple of gen Omega's and never could get the bracelet adjusted perfectly, so I had to wear it looser than I like. I can adjust this one to a perfect fit.

4. Speaking of bracelets/straps, this one came with an extra NATO strap with the Omega/007 branding. I tossed it immediately because it was CRAP! I love NATOS, but that one was truly low quality -- stiff, itchy, and the colors were off. There are many dealers out there where you can get a better NATO. Get this watch on the bracelet, and buy a NATO strap somewhere else if you want one.

Spectre_300_zpslxpdidov.jpg

LunchMoney

I see on the description of many rep watches that the bezel is bi-directional. As a diver, I have trouble understanding the benefit of being able to turn in both ways.

Does anyone know why? I have an Omega 300 that looks very similar except it doesn't have that lollypop second hand and bezel only goes in one direction.

Still a good looking watch, thats for sure. Grinner, is that the 45mm?

grinner

The bezel is not a diving bezel (no luminous marker at 0, and no minute indicators). It's for keeping track of a second time-zone, so having it bi-directional makes for easier changes. it's the 42 mm.

cattlerustler

Where was this one from, really want one of these :)

Luca Brasi

Fantastic. i need this watch. Who is the trader ?

grinner

Got it from Perfect Clones. Look in the TD forum for the link. Josh'll do you good.

henrychinaski

How's the rotor? Noisey?

grinner
How's the rotor? Noisey?

If you hold it up to your ear and focus, yeah, you can hear it, like any Miyota automatic. But unless you have super hearing, you won't notice anything unusual when it's on the wrist. I haven't.

shady

how is the second hand? i have heard some have problems with that not running smoothly?

grinner
how is the second hand? i have heard some have problems with that not running smoothly?

It's definitely not as smooth as a genuine Omega movement. If you stare at it for several minuts, you will see it stutter a few times. But it has kept good time, and the small stutter doesn't bother me. But your mileage may vary.

ss0502

Where you get this from? what kind a movement? Very nice and closest to the gen, enjoy it !!

grinner
Where you get this from? what kind a movement? Very nice and closest to the gen, enjoy it !!

Perfect Clones. It has a Miyota movement.

ethanbt

@grinner, did your bracelet come with nato strap or you have to pay extra for bracelet?

grinner
@grinner, did your bracelet come with nato strap or you have to pay extra for bracelet?

It came on the bracelet, but Josh threw in one of the NATO straps. Like I said in my review, the strap was a stiff piece of crap. I tossed it. Get the bracelet.

Lakdeuz

Very Nice piece !

gmchris

Slightly late to this thread sorry, but what size is this overall from lug to lug?