Sign in to follow this  
GenTLe

The new ZF sec @6 7750 (now tested on timegrapher)

JSJ
Ok so, a friend of mine wanted to get one of these new ceramic IWC Miramar chrono sec@6, so I ordered it (the KW/V6F version) for him and today I had some time to give it a look, regulate it and check on the timegrapher its status.

First, how it looks:

28957175775_eb87e0ea05_o.jpg

It was quite clean, and the only part that I didn't like was the fine regulator of the balance that was quite useless: working on the fine lever it was lifting the regulation arm, instead of make it to rotate:

28925730346_c9d13e702e_o.jpg

Apart from this it seems more than fine.

At testing stage I can say that... Well, I'm impressed: after like 10/15 full rotation of the crown to wind it, I have put it on the timegrapher and it was like 0.8ms out of beat synch and running +20s/d fast, but still it was showing an amazing stable line and and amplitude >300°

After a bit of regulation, this is the result (and 10 secs before the shot it was at 330° amplitude). And the best part is that it's even stable in all the position, with just like +2s/d as max positional error... Really impressed this time.

28338453934_e034c9bba1_o.jpg

TO add: the movement was well fixed in the case with the common screws and tabs, no risk to have them floating around.

Very interesting.

So frustrating that the fine regulator is so variable on the new 7750s. I wonder if that's fixable?

Also, why did you choose that specific timegragher? I should buy one as I've been using clocktimer on my phone but it's obviously not as good as a purpose built instrument.

GenTLe

Very interesting.

So frustrating that the fine regulator is so variable on the new 7750s. I wonder if that's fixable?

Also, why did you choose that specific timegragher? I should buy one as I've been using clocktimer on my phone but it's obviously not as good as a purpose built instrument.

Well, the fine regulator was bad, but pushing with a 1mm screwdriver directly over the part that was lifting you can get the same results as like moving the little lever.

I chose that timegrapher because it has a color display, and this means that it is easier to get when the beat error should be corrected moving the stud in a direction or in the opposite one, having the 2 "lines" different colors (yellow and blue), and the price wasn't much higher than the b/w one.

GenTLe

Addition to this topic: here there is a very good check of ANOTHER new sec@6 movement.

This time it is the no-date one used by ZF in their V3 3714 (the Portuguese chronograph).

Again a base 7750 with some very interesting mods to make it slimmer and yet probably more serviceable than those 7750 that fit a gear on the sec at 9 thin pinion: https://www.replica-watch.info/index.php?threads/361005/

Thanks to chris3007 for his work!

mindvision

^ what a nice review of the movement. I'll certainly get one now.

Wish they had the black dial version out already.