Sign in to follow this  
coolfreddy

In search of a good Daytona

coolfreddy

Ive been looking around for a good daytona that you guys would consider a good replica. Im new so I dont know much but the daytona has always been my favorite dream watch. Anyone know if lay or robert have good ones?

I found this one. what do you think?

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.ph...products_id=436

help please. Thanks

greg_r

Beware of Daytonas. The secs@6 version of the A7750 is not known for being reliable. Some people get lucky and have no problems, but others have had endless issues.

If you're going to buy one, buy it from Robert and go for his pre-servicing and graphite treatment option - it'll cost you extra but it will dramatically increase the reliability of the watch.

Del

Or buy a 21j version and forget about the chrono function :thepianohasbeendrinking:. (Plus it's a hell of a lot cheaper :D).

Slim

I believe some of the Daytona reps have a central second hand (where the chrono seconds would be on a real one). I quite fancy one myself, but I'd want to avoid that.

Is there a Daytona rep that has seconds at 9, like the old 'Zenith' Daytona? If so, is that one more reliable? I wouldn't really mind if the chrono didn't work at all, as long as it has the second hand in the right place.

greg_r
I believe some of the Daytona reps have a central second hand (where the chrono seconds would be on a real one). I quite fancy one myself, but I'd want to avoid that.

Is there a Daytona rep that has seconds at 9, like the old 'Zenith' Daytona? If so, is that one more reliable? I wouldn't really mind if the chrono didn't work at all, as long as it has the second hand in the right place.

Yup - there are a few secs@9 models around (mostly of vintage versions) and they're much more reliable.

LCheapo

Well, it's not so much a rep as a 'homage' to a Daytona from the mid 60ies: the Alpha 'Daytona' with the manual ST19 has the second at 9. In place of the 12 hr counter at 6 they have a 24hr subdial (not coupled to the chrono).

greg_r

Yes, there are also Daytona reps that run secs@9 - versions both with the ST19 and 7750 movements. Just need to ask around the dealers.

NFleischer

The sec @ 9 is much better mechanically, the sub dials look abit off to me.

AD- don't you have one?

Also - Some of the vintage reps have a hand wound "Venus" type chrono movement; they are much better

than the A7750 with sec @6. Note that the sub dial @ 6 is fixed. The vintage ones with A7750 have a running sec @9.

Josh and Angus have a pretty good selection of these for about $250.

prestigewatchco

Starting next week we will be offering a Daytona with seconds at 6 fully serviced with graphite treated second at six gearing Prices will be between $279 and $329 depending on model

scc

wow.. what kind of movement robert?

Starting next week we will be offering a Daytona with seconds at 6 fully serviced with graphite treated second at six gearing Prices will be between $279 and $329 depending on model

prestigewatchco

Silverspeed

excellent service! :)

Mik

Save one for me...

(In fact is for Mrs Mik, we are celebrating another year of marriage very soon)

:)

Leroy

wow, robert would you have this model:

daytona.jpg

coolfreddy

Wow thanks guys for all the help.

Robert I would love to get one from you if you get one please let us know. By any chance will you get any stainless steel and gold plated ones?