Sign in to follow this  
Jooster

Face to face transaction

neeeeecholas

I think face to face is good and bad, mostly bad. I know that there'll always be a bunch of idiots who try and lowball you once they've met you and the whole bargaining thing starts. I used to sell my old bikes and I have idiots who agreed on the price online, came over, tried to lowball me, told em no, they left, came back again 15 minutes later, and offered me a slightly higher price but still lower than the agreed online. What a waste of time

narikaa
I think face to face is good and bad, mostly bad. I know that there'll always be a bunch of idiots who try and lowball you once they've met you and the whole bargaining thing starts. I used to sell my old bikes and I have idiots who agreed on the price online, came over, tried to lowball me, told em no, they left, came back again 15 minutes later, and offered me a slightly higher price but still lower than the agreed online. What a waste of time

Rudimentary childish antic, trying to play off your investment in expended time n effort

shokka9

I agree, but that's usually how face to face deals works. But if you agree something here, thats the price.

If you list something in an advert (eBay, Craigslist, Loot (if that's even still going), local paper, shop window), then it's part of the game. That's how it works.

Listing on a specific forum, is slightly different. For example, I list a watch here, you buy it ;), we decide to meet, if you lowball me, I'm walking away. I'm not even interested in you as a person after that.

However, you pay the price agreed, and maybe we chat, get a beer, leave amicably. All good. Done deal.

Jooster

That's the way I do business. Agree on the price, meet, then pay. I have done this on several occasions and it worked well. Always nice to meet people with the same interests. Also cash is always good. No credit card or PayPal issues. I don't know anyone who doesn't like cash.

The members I have dealt with have been amiable and honest.

J

neeeeecholas

Yeah I would think that if you deal with members of a forum, there would be some sort of unspoken rule that once agreed, that is what you pay. Haha I for one would actually prefer not having so much cash to carry around, it just makes me more tempted to spend it

deju

However, you pay the price agreed, and maybe we chat, get a beer, leave amicably. All good. Done deal.

Sounds very romantic hahaha

KarmaToBurn

I've dealt face to face with members from a couple different forums and have never had a problem. Sometimes the people are cool and sometimes they're a little weird but as long as I get my money/watch/guitar... without getting killed I'm happy :giggle:

rawbaws

I've dealt face to face with members from a couple different forums and have never had a problem. Sometimes the people are cool and sometimes they're a little weird but as long as I get my money/watch/guitar... without getting killed I'm happy :giggle:

This one deal, the member started showing me all his leathers that he had in his car.

Strap making leather that is :D

Cubic Hare

This one deal, the member started showing me all his leathers that he had in his car.

Strap making leather that is :D

Rory, I thought you liked when I showed you some skin!!! hahahah

redfire51

I wouldn't mind, as long it's always in a safe well lighted place...

Daywatch

I would be looking forward to it, as long as it´s with a member I´d like to exchange watch-talk anyway.

mysterio

I would be looking forward to it, as long as it´s with a member I´d like to exchange watch-talk anyway.

Does the size of the member matter? :lol:

Daywatch

Does the size of the member matter? :lol:

As long as She´s got attitude....... size doesn´t really matter! :lol:

Scarlett-Johansson3.jpg

UmpaHimself

I know I'm going off topic by getting back on topic but... Last guy I offered it to declined and the watch got damaged during shipment, then he got banned :giggle:

MDK
Done a couple now with MDK as i'm in Norfolk and he is literally just across the border in sister fucking, 6 fingered, banjo twanging, tractor driving suffolk

"Keep paddling, I can still hear Banjo's"

f203d41433b497a0fa913b68164c5b48.jpg

Left Coast Guy

I've done a handful of face to face deals and all have worked out well. Still I'd only consider it with a VIP/Supporter though as there are certainly some shady characters that have come and gone around the boards.

jrlmsla

I'd do a face to face transaction with any of you EU chums anytime, just hook me up with a plane ticket, a hotel and a 6 series Audi rental and I'll prove it to you. Oh and a ticket for my wife too!

Actually, Western Montana isn't a rep watch hot spot so I'll probably never get a face to face sale