Sign in to follow this  
Daytona_Dreamer

Rolex El Cornino 1675 BlueBerry GMT [ Pics ]

Daytona_Dreamer

I picked up a wonderful GMT from Met early last year [ who was great to work with for sure ]. I was really digging the alternate crown guards, and look of the gilt dial with the crystal. She came on a gen jubilee bracelet and felt great In fact, after getting that watch, most of my oyster band Rolex got jubilees. But even so, I just could not get into this 1675 for some reason. I'd put it on, and well I just was not feeling it.

a2evq0.jpg

So I faded the bezel in a little bleach [sorry no pics of that]...and then while it looked very gen like, I was feeling this 1675 even less.

So this wonderful watch became something of a box queen. Not well deserved on paper, but there she was.

One day last month, I was cruising thru Ebay as I sometimes do, and saw a 1675 blueberry bezel. I figured, why not give that a try for $15 including shipping. Best investment in a long time. After a little bleach, and rubber eraser, she looked great. I'm not sure how gen like this bezel is for $15, but I'm happy with it for now. I admit I often wear this GMT when I am not in one of my Daytonas. I guess I was always just into more blues :)

r8xpas.jpg

6nrp13.jpg

r2q6mv.jpg

25664k9.jpg

Robin195959

Looks great DD. are yiu going to fade the insert?

Daytona_Dreamer

Thanks mate ! Hope all is well.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but this insert was slightly faded and beat a little using an ink eraser. I thought about fading the insert a little more. But before that, for another $15 I'll probably get a black insert and fade it blue grey like my 5513. This is the only blue bezel watch that I have right now, and so I like having something a little different.

It really pops with my dark blue suit. I should have taken a shot in that suit but oh well maybe next time

shady

often its just the small things which make you like a watch or not.

NCRich

Very nice. I'm a fan of both looks.

FunnyStarSystem

Looks great, curious what your bleach technique entails?

Daytona_Dreamer

often its just the small things which make you like a watch or not.

That is SOOOO true. This hobby is most often about love for the the subtle.

Very nice. I'm a fan of both looks.

Thanks Bro. I've always been a fan of both too. I actually think the pepsi looks great on my nightstand. But for some reason the blueberry just seems to look better on my wrist.

Looks great, curious what your bleach technique entails?

Thanks man. I just soak the bezel in bleach for about 30 min. Remember the actual fade increase when it is dry, so check it along the way. I also used an ink eraser gently on the outer perimeter so the fade was greater on the outside edge than center, as happens with genuiine wear and tear, as in this gen 1675.

IMG_2143.JPG?format=500w