Sign in to follow this  
Replica watch user

http://www.ttw8488.com/ Broken watch stolen

Replica watch user

I ordered a $500 Rolex 2008 clone from http://www.ttw8488.com/

This was my 3rd purchase with Trusty Time. The watch arrived broken, it wouldn't automatically wind. I wore it for 12-14 days trying to work it out, sent Andrew a few e-mails and finally received instructions to send it back. I did. The tracking ends with the watch reaching his countries postal agent at his local post office. He claims it never arrived.

There appears to be no resolution for this.

My second to last watch - an Omega PO clone was a $450 watch - the ARD coating scratched horribly and I finally had to use polishing compound to remove it because it looked like garbage. But the bezel (ceramic bezel) numbers I discovered were painted on. They were damaged during my early attempts to remove the ARD coating using rubbing alcohol.

Trusty Time quote $65 to supply a new bezel insert.

Edited by Replica watch user

carter23

Doesn't sound right.

Nor does the fact that you joined 15 minutes ago just to complain.

RichardMiami

The Moderating Staff is here to help with issues such as this.

It is easy to find a Moderator

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If you want help, contact me or any other Moderator via PM and ask. We might be able to help you.

It's up to you.

fatarms

It's a well known, well documented issue (on this site and others like it) that the ceramic PO paint on the bezel insert fades from use. I'd imagine that alcohol would speed that up considerably.

myaz

These experiences have helped me to understand these watches aren't offering value.

Does sound like you'll be happier with gens.

trailboss99

I think you need to piss off and go join Timezone. Why come here just to complain?

DR3M3L
I think you need to piss off and go join Timezone. Why come here just to complain?

^ this

+

You really think Trusty sent out a broken watch? I'm 100% sure you better be pissed at the shipping company for throwing your package around and get your watch broken in transit.

Left Coast Guy

Its said over and over again, but it always needs to be repeated -- if you don't read, research and set your expectations, you are guaranteed to be disappointed.

The hobby has its limitations, but if you put in the time to understand it, I'd wager you'll be happy.

markeym3

So you only joined to complain ???

TheSav

What did you think was going to happen when you "accidentally" rubbed alcohol on the bezel? I wouldn't do that to a gen.

Not the dealers fault the package was lost either. But great first post. Welcome to the forum numpty.

Rassilon

Andrew at TT has been wonderful when I've done business with him.

And if you went after the crystal with polishing compound and alcohol, you should have known where things could end up.

KenzieMcKenzie

Relatively new member with only four reps. Bought two Pateks from Andrew last month. Sought his advice on choice of models. Quality and delivery speed could be an example for Amazon Prime. Impressive. Give him a chance to make this right. Work through the forum procedures. Andrew will come through.

Jpserv

Did you insure your package? That would have been the first thing i did. I did a ton of research on this site and more before I ordered a watch that my eye had fancied for a while. I decided to go with Andrew at Trusty Time. I ordered, skeptical i might add, that I would receive a damaged or crap quality watch. To my surprise everything that was written about Trusty Time on this site was true. I received a brilliant Breitling that was exactly as I had ordered and better. I have many friends that paid the 6-10K for their real ones and none of them can even tell this is a rep. I had an issue about a week and a half into the watch where a pin on the bracelet fell out and I thought, here we go. Emailed Andrew and as it says wait about 24 hrs, nope he responded in about 2-3 hours. He requested some pics of the problem and said he would take care of it, i even offered to pay for shipping so I could get the piece expedited. He instead sent me a new bracelet which he didn't have to do. This earned my business for life. Everybody had bad dealings from time to time, but for a broken watch to come to your door and for you to think Trusty Time would send out something like that shows that you have no clue what you are doing.

JM500

Have always had good experience with Andrew. Fast to respond and good quality watches. In particular my latest Panerai Daylight Chrono is absolutely incredible in it's detail + it's very accurate. Like any hobby, there is no free lunch so you must a) do your research (lots of research!) and b) look at what you are paying vs what a gen would cost.

Replica watch user

I did join to put this up. I have bought from Andrew 5 watches over a long period of time. This is the first broken watch he sent me. What is horrifying to me is how bad the customer service is on the back end. He sent a broken watch. That cost me a lot of time at this point. I sent it back to him for $45. My post master says it reached his postmaster (the master tracking record shows it was signed for at his local branch). He claimed the watch never arrived.

We sent something like 30 e-mails back and forth and he did offer to replace the watch if it wasn't found in 7-12 days. I appreciated the offer, but then a month passed and nothing happened. It appears the approach is talk to the customer and waste the customers time until he goes away. That is not customer service.

It isn't my fault as the customer that the watch was supplied in a non-operable condition. I've read stories about what good customer service Andrew has, but here I am with my first problem, as a long time customer, having been harassed with ~30 e-mail responses required, 4 months of time has passed, and a resolution is not in sight.

I don't know why certain people above consider that a joke, and think I'm wrong to expect a functional product when I pay for one, or to receive service when I have a record of years of business with the company. This isn't a gumball machine watch. It's a $400 item with a swiss movement.

I run a company in the US, and my first time customer gets a resolution every time. Here he's giving me the run around and I've bought 5 watches from him.

RUSH2112

Q1) did you contact a moderator as instructed a month ago?

Q2) he offered to replace the watch after 7-12 days. It's been that. Why not take him up on offer?

Replica watch user

Q2) he offered to replace the watch after 7-12 days. It's been that. Why not take him up on offer?

I'm sorry I don't understand how the moderator can help me - could you explain that? I'd appreciate anything that moves this to resolution. I talked to Andrew for probably 3 weeks prior to getting frustrated and posting this. I didn't show him this post and this post was not designed to do anything but warn people who may find themselves similarly screwed over. He offered the replacement a few days after that.

I did take him up on that offer. It appears Andrew wants to forget that offer now, and hasn't come through on it. His correspondence is backtracking to a previous point in the dialogue right now. It has gone in a circle maybe 5 times, but at the point he did offer the replacement, I did take him up on it. Nothing apparently happened on his end / that may have been an empty offer. I waited a month and asked for status and he responded with a question, fully understanding the offer he made previously, rather than answering my question as to the status of the replacement.

Chronologically, the watch arrived ~ late december, I spent two weeks winding it manually, hoping it would begin to wind on its own, I tried troubleshooting steps offered by andrew (tapping on the watch in certain ways), wore it several days, it didn't resolve, I received an address, shipped the watch, waited a few months, asked for status, realized the watch was missing, researched with USPS, talked to Andrew for 3 weeks, posted here, was offered a replacement, waited about 4.5 weeks, asked for status, was asked a question in response that returned us in the 5th or 6th circle here.

On the separate Omega bezel issue, he offered to sell me a bezel for $60, which I would pay, but I was waiting for resolution on this prior to doing further business with him. I would gladly pay the shipping to get the offered replacement watch here also.

onionbag

Replica watch user, mate, please contact a Moderator.

onzenuub

I'm sorry I don't understand how the moderator can help me - could you explain that? I'd appreciate anything that moves this to resolution. I talked to Andrew for probably 3 weeks prior to getting frustrated and posting this. I didn't show him this post and this post was not designed to do anything but warn people who may find themselves similarly screwed over. He offered the replacement a few days after that.

I did take him up on that offer. It appears Andrew wants to forget that offer now, and hasn't come through on it. His correspondence is backtracking to a previous point in the dialogue right now. It has gone in a circle maybe 5 times, but at the point he did offer the replacement, I did take him up on it. Nothing apparently happened on his end / that may have been an empty offer. I waited a month and asked for status and he responded with a question, fully understanding the offer he made previously, rather than answering my question as to the status of the replacement.

Cann't you fucking read: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=19035

Nickfive

get in touch with a moderator, the email trail needs to be dissected to make sure the proofs there. if it IS there then i feel for you, you've been treated extremely poorly.

onionbag

If I try to fuck an' read the missus gets newsprint all over her back...........

onzenuub

If I try to fuck an' read the missus gets newsprint all over her back...........

Ever tried an e reader?

onionbag

Ever tried an e reader?

Do they come with suction cups?

onzenuub

Ever tried an e reader?

If necessary, pm JohnG about that. He has a link for cups.

onionbag

Ever tried an e reader?

If necessary, pm JohnG about that. He has a link for cups.

548.png