Sign in to follow this  
splke

you have to spend a £1000 today?

insert-here

Maybe it doubles as a snuff box.

splke

Easy - used speedy.

However, if I had the option to save I'd probably save up and go for a new speedy or PO.

Amazed so many would go for a Glycine, they're nice but not that nice IMHO.

2nd one to mention a used speedy for 1k , full size ? where you seeing these please ?

Bidle

Nice to see how taste differs,..... this Hamilton would be in my top ugliest watch list. :)

I think it would be ok without the stupid case cover.

That would indeed make a big difference!! :giggle:

Sakurai

Easy - used speedy.

However, if I had the option to save I'd probably save up and go for a new speedy or PO.

2nd one to mention a used speedy for 1k , full size ? where you seeing these please ?

In my dreams, why? :)

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind a 38mm if I couldn't barter for a full size for my £1k.

splke

cool I thought I was missing out ;o)

UmpaHimself

Tudor Heritage Ranger used

Daywatch

Easy - used speedy.

Certainly not in the UK. Just did a Chrono24 search (limited to the UK only) and the cheapest used one for sale is £ 2,450 followed by £ 2.499 and £ 2.500 - that´s 150% over budget.

Given this premise I´d change my wish to a 16570 Explorer II with white dial that I could also get used for £ 2.500, it´s not enough for a submariner that would go over £2.800 at the very minimum.

reximda

For this price at least I would need double as much time. So it would be a Glycine with 24hours dial and movement. The one below or a nice vintage model.

Airman-1953.jpg

Damnit to hell.. Now I've added another to the list.

Piccolo

maybe one of these:

oris-big-crown-propilot-date-black-dial-automatic-men_s-watch-751-7697-4164bkfs.jpg

BadPickle
Actually, I lied. I'd buy beer.

Yup, me too :D

Sakurai

Easy - used speedy.

Certainly not in the UK. Just did a Chrono24 search (limited to the UK only) and the cheapest used one for sale is £ 2,450 followed by £ 2.499 and £ 2.500 - that´s 150% over budget.

Given this premise I´d change my wish to a 16570 Explorer II with white dial that I could also get used for £ 2.500, it´s not enough for a submariner that would go over £2.800 at the very minimum.

Oy mate, a 38mm speedy is also a speedy, and those can definitely be found close to £1k.

KarmaToBurn

I saw a ML Pontos S Diver on sale for about that much earlier today. That would probably be my choice.

maurice-lacorix-pontos-s-diver.jpg

Daywatch

Easy - used speedy.

Oy mate, a 38mm speedy is also a speedy, and those can definitely be found close to £1k.

It´s a speedy and costs at least £ 1.200 in the UK - but it´s not a moonwatch. It´s not a Lemania and the chronograph module is nearly impossible to service/adjust on the reduced. The ones going at these prices are unserviced, so You will have to add that very soon to the 2nd hand price - and the Omega service cost is peppered and takes 6/7 months if done in Switzerland. I know, because I joined rwg when talking to the AD about servicing my Seamaster 300, bought new in 2002. For my part I wouldn´t want to risk it. :stars:

deju

Easy - used speedy.

I got my speedy pro in the uk for £1350...

6b9826cdbfbb23ffcd0560e938324aa1.jpg

Daywatch

Easy - used speedy.

I got my speedy pro in the uk for £1350...

6b9826cdbfbb23ffcd0560e938324aa1.jpg

2 fantastic choices - and 2 great, different watches that complement each other. Congrats :)

trailboss99

Tricky price point that but two come to mind.

First up the watch I'm seriously considering spending money I shouldn't on shortly, the Bulova Moon Watch tribute (it's not an exact copy of the one off design but close).

bulovaspecialeditionmoonwatch2.jpg

http://horologium.co...comment-page-1/

It may be barely over the lower limit you specified but it's a hell of a lot of watch even if it is quartz. It's also a very special quartz being a Bulova Precisionist. Very accurate (a handful of seconds a year) and sweeps smoother than a mechanical.

Choice two would be an original Longines Legend Diver, the no date one. People are complaining the date ruined the moonie above but that is nothing compared to the travesty of adding a date to the Legend, it just wrecked it for me.

7816877916_22fcdd0b20_o.jpg

This (IMHO) is the best value Swiss dive watch the world has seen for 30 years, it sells at the kind of price point that a Rolex Sub should and is a perfect example of why Longines is the fastest growing brand in China now and for the last two plus years.

Actually let us make it three.

The other assuming I could find one under 1k is a Squale 2002 on shark mesh.

Since my Favorite Sydney Tart makes it almost impossible to download a pic from her blog you will need to go here for a look: http://horologium.co...101-atmos-2002/

That particular example is Offshore's personal 2002 and one of the best damn diving watches I have ever seen. The only reason it doesn't trump the Longines is the fact it cost some 30% more but if you know the story behind Squale and how many classic divers they were responsible for (they made the case sets for near every true classic pre 70's diver bar Rolex) it's a no brainer. This one I really need to own, it rates with the Omega Moonie at the top of my list.

EDIT: The price of Omega Moonies is now officially stupid. If ever there was a case of retail price of a new watch from an AD being jacked up to meet "what the people will pay" this is it. The cost to Omega of making a closed caseback Speedmaster Moon has not gone up by 100% in the last 4 years but the retail price has. The Moonie is now just another example of makers setting prices by judging what the majority of their market will (or can) pay to acquire what they have to sell and that is not how retail prices should be set. Cost plus a fair and equitable margin should be the formula at all stages of the channel not what the market will bear.

James.

1000 squid, personally id put in a savings account and keep adding to it to really get something brilliant

FunnyStarSystem

I'm lusting after this Alpina "Pilot Manufacture Automatic Regulator" with the in-house movement. I bought its cousin a couple months ago, also with the in-house movement and just love it. These are terrific bargains.

AL-950B4S6_d9839260-d34f-4f6d-89db-74ec0bf933b9_1024x1024.png?v=1394006280

This is the one I purchased, a little more sedate;

alp01_zps0xwhoy74.jpg

They've got an interesting rotor as well;

calibers4.png

Edited by Inkoumori

GenTLe

They've got an interesting rotor as well;

1-BDM-11494-alpina-startimer-pilot-automatic-sunstar-salon-de-bale-baselworld-2014.jpg

Well, this is a modified ETA. I would call it "in house" in pair of the ETA+Dobuis Depraz module IWCs.

Nice watch anyway :)

FunnyStarSystem

That particular one (I guess I didn't google search the caseback well enough) is ETA, but the other two are indeed in-house;

calibers4.png

calibers5.png

http://www.alpina-wa...alibers_81.aspx

I believe it's the product of their ownership by Frederique Constant. Here's mine (Shoulda wiped it :) );

alp02_zpsna29pyo5.jpg

Edited by Inkoumori

k3rm87

Longines legend diver. Could probably get a new one in budget but if not used

+1!

GenTLe
That particular one (I guess I didn't google search the caseback well enough) is ETA, but the other two are indeed in-house;

calibers4.png

calibers5.png

http://www.alpina-wa...alibers_81.aspx

I believe it's the product of their ownership by Frederique Constant. Here's mine (Shoulda wiped it :) );

alp02_zpsna29pyo5.jpg

Yes this is definitively not a standard one :)

RUSH2112

£1,000? I think we all have that available so whatever your answer is should be a wrist pic of a watch you own.

jakethemouse

Homages count? Helson Skindiver at $750

dsc08314.jpg

Vintage CYMA WWW $1000

2n69auu.jpg

Last on the list. Its cheaper then $500 so I would get 2 of them :)

Seiko x Giugiaro

seikoguigiaro.0.jpg