Sign in to follow this  
splke

you have to spend a £1000 today?

GenTLe

Last on the list. Its cheaper then $500 so I would get 2 of them :)

Seiko x Giugiaro

seikoguigiaro.0.jpg

Shame on Giugiaro!!

I preferred him when he designed cars:

1421229357_brivido-orizz-1280x628.jpg

Kaiser

Shame on Giugiaro!!

You mean like this one? :P

image_zpsbwbeqxvv.jpeg

insert-here

looks like a two layered cake.

GenTLe

Shame on Giugiaro!!

image_zpsbwbeqxvv.jpeg

Anonymous+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+412+at+_c2b1cc660a6f9700d51539adb83dd654.png

Bidle

looks like a two layered cake.

Hahahahaha,..... exactly!!!

splke

Easy - used speedy.

However, if I had the option to save I'd probably save up and go for a new speedy or PO.

Amazed so many would go for a Glycine, they're nice but not that nice IMHO.

2nd one to mention a used speedy for 1k , full size ? where you seeing these please ?

Certainly not in the UK. Just did a Chrono24 search (limited to the UK only) and the cheapest used one for sale is £ 2,450 followed by £ 2.499 and £ 2.500 - that´s 150% over budget.

Given this premise I´d change my wish to a 16570 Explorer II with white dial that I could also get used for £ 2.500, it´s not enough for a submariner that would go over £2.800 at the very minimum.

Oy mate, a 38mm speedy is also a speedy, and those can definitely be found close to £1k.

Easy - used speedy.

However, if I had the option to save I'd probably save up and go for a new speedy or PO.

2nd one to mention a used speedy for 1k , full size ? where you seeing these please ?

Certainly not in the UK. Just did a Chrono24 search (limited to the UK only) and the cheapest used one for sale is £ 2,450 followed by £ 2.499 and £ 2.500 - that´s 150% over budget.

Given this premise I´d change my wish to a 16570 Explorer II with white dial that I could also get used for £ 2.500, it´s not enough for a submariner that would go over £2.800 at the very minimum.

Oy mate, a 38mm speedy is also a speedy, and those can definitely be found close to £1k.

I know :)

It´s a speedy and costs at least £ 1.200 in the UK - but it´s not a moonwatch. It´s not a Lemania and the chronograph module is nearly impossible to service/adjust on the reduced. The ones going at these prices are unserviced, so You will have to add that very soon to the 2nd hand price - and the Omega service cost is peppered and takes 6/7 months if done in Switzerland. I know, because I joined rwg when talking to the AD about servicing my Seamaster 300, bought new in 2002. For my part I wouldn´t want to risk it. :stars:

£550 AD quoted me for service WOW

Robin195959

Shame on Giugiaro!!

image_zpsbwbeqxvv.jpeg

Didn't know Hublot made cars! :daffy:

Sakurai

Easy - used speedy.

Easy - used speedy.

I know :)

It´s a speedy and costs at least £ 1.200 in the UK - but it´s not a moonwatch. It´s not a Lemania and the chronograph module is nearly impossible to service/adjust on the reduced. The ones going at these prices are unserviced, so You will have to add that very soon to the 2nd hand price - and the Omega service cost is peppered and takes 6/7 months if done in Switzerland. I know, because I joined rwg when talking to the AD about servicing my Seamaster 300, bought new in 2002. For my part I wouldn´t want to risk it. :stars:

£550 AD quoted me for service WOW

Indeed, the Omega service costs seem pulled out of thin air. However, the exorbant costs for servicing an Omega is also why you can find speedys for close to £1k. Could be that the last couple of years insane price increase on new Omega watches has increased the used prices for full size speedys well beyond £1k.

Come to think of it, Fuck Omega - I do love some of their watches but the company seems really shitty.

I'm changing my mind - if I had a £1000 budget I'd go for the Bulova moon watch. Will definitely add one of those to my collection eventually.

£1000 is a pretty tricky budget btw, lots of good options at about half of double the amount.

Taylor883

A well researched Heur hand wind

Abe Fromen

A used Omega Speedy... cuz a grand sterling is two grand in my currency.

Davidmac
£1,000? I think we all have that available so whatever your answer is should be a wrist pic of a watch you own.

I seriously doubt we "all" have £1k available to blow on a watch!

Anyway, my choice would be this;

http://www.thewatchsource.co.uk/item/Bell---Ross/BR-S-Quartz-39mm/BRS+98+Black.html

I'm seriously considering going for the 12 month interest free credit option!

FL13

Fredrique Constant Peking to Paris Panda.

Used sub $1k USD or about £695

frederique-constant-vintage-racing-chronograph-silvered-black.jpg

Edited by FL13

Daffy

I think I would opt for a kinda rare vintage Citizen. A 1970's dive watch in 43mm:

s-l500.jpg

RUSH2112
£1,000? I think we all have that available so whatever your answer is should be a wrist pic of a watch you own.

http://www.thewatchsource.co.uk/item/Bell---Ross/BR-S-Quartz-39mm/BRS+98+Black.html

It's 4-5 reps at most. Most have more than that.

ellistyle1

SARW013

S-SARW013_b_1024x1024.jpg?v=1426163622

Davidmac

But most don't usually go and buy 4-5 reps in one go, their collection is usually built up over a period of time.

When you consider the average UK salary is £26k (+/- £1600 per month) I think it's a bit much to say that most people can afford to drop £1k on a watch.

the_frenchman

Hamilton Pan-europ would be my choice

RUSH2112

But most don't usually go and buy 4-5 reps in one go, their collection is usually built up over a period of time.

When you consider the average UK salary is £26k (+/- £1600 per month) I think it's a bit much to say that most people can afford to drop £1k on a watch.

We just have different opinions so don't sweat it. I'm talking about the fanatics that join a rep forum (us) not "most people." Most people wouldn't spend £0, $0, €0 on a watch because thy have a phone.

Davidmac

We just have different opinions so don't sweat it. I'm talking about the fanatics that join a rep forum (us) not "most people." Most people wouldn't spend £0, $0, €0 on a watch because thy have a phone.

Even people in the rep forum couldn't afford it, that's why they go for reps in the first place, because they appreciate the style of a particular brand but can't afford/justify the cost of the gen.

I just think your comment was a bit ambiguous to be honest, but you're entitled to your opinion regardless of what the facts may be.

Sakurai

Interesting points of view, both with merit.

Personally, I can't see myself spending £1k on a watch because I'd rather pay slightly more to get something I really want - or spend the £1k on a couple of really nice reps. To me £1k is a difficult price point.

Gazzla

Fredrique Constant Peking to Paris Panda.

Used sub $1k USD or about £695

frederique-constant-vintage-racing-chronograph-silvered-black.jpg

That is a good nom, but those dials are just a tad too big. Lovely watch. :D

markeym3

Oris for me .. they have great selection around and under £1k ..

The Watch source in the uk have some great deals..

RUSH2112

Personally, I can't see myself spending £1k on a watch because I'd rather pay slightly more to get something I really want - or spend the £1k on a couple of really nice reps. To me £1k is a difficult price point.

That's my point as well. I have 3 gens that together cost £1500. That's my answer, 3 gens all at nice prices. A bulova Accutron, grand seiko Quartz and a citizen satellite.

deju

That's my point as well. I have 3 gens that together cost £1500. That's my answer, 3 gens all at nice prices. A bulova Accutron, grand seiko Quartz and a citizen satellite.

It's hypo-bloody-thetical

If I give you a grand today and said you either buy a watch upto that value or loose It all no adding funds...

What would you get!?

Fucking easy answer:

5d4ed87122bf455c16cae98b72dd5c65.jpg

Bahahahaha

Ya bunch of dafties hahaha

HeavyKrush

Urushi dial Seiko...

a65604f981f66ce6edd7f91d3c4c9176.jpg

d564cbfa8b0bb64390e37c938f8b7948.jpg

d8c4573c5d7fcb4cff7f3802cb5a1d22.jpg