Sign in to follow this  
Stevenb12

Trusted dealer error ?

Stevenb12

I have bought about 20 watches from this dealer not calling him out at the moment but just wondering

I bought and paid for a 28800bph 007 omega and was shown it working on the QC pic

I put it on my timer ; and it is a 26000bph

Any have this happen ? This is the second time he has done this to me ; both times omegas

What should I do ?

Steve

Edited by Stevenb12

Stevenb12

Sorry 21600 :-)

Kleen™

1) Write the TD.

2) Contact a BlueBoy.

Gazzla

Make a big song and dance about it in a thread . . .

NajY1SS.gif

Stevenb12

I am not making a big song and dance just asking a question to fellow collectors for advice .... why be so rude ?

Stevenb12

I have about 40 watches and am a serious collector but never encountered this before ; actually nor such sarcasm - how strange

elp

Maybe rename the thread first and ask in General Discussion? That way it can be a request for information rather than an assumption of malfeasance which you are implying by posting in the "Scams area"?

So yes, 21,600 is very different from 28,800, and indicative of a different movement. Now, how you measure this is important (position, etc.), but if the QC pics show 28.8k and you are sure of your measurements, why don't you contact the TD back as you are one of his regular customers and things can be discussed/worked out in a friendly manner?

Stevenb12

Thank you ELP I will do just that .....

My understanding was through our unity we can help ourselves; I may be new to the forum but that dont make me a target ..... Thanks again

Steve

RichardMiami

Some points to consider:

1. Have you asked the TD about the issue?

2. After you have done that, if you still have no gotten the result you wanted, have you contacted a Moderator?

<<<<<<<<< Moderators are easy to find

Stevenb12

Richard - thank you very very much

RichardMiami

You are welcome. The way to contact a moderator is through PM....

Gazzla

Thank you ELP I will do just that .....

My understanding was through our unity we can help ourselves; I may be new to the forum but that dont make me a target ..... Thanks again

Steve

dEaAZ8w.jpg

elp

They also turn up when they see smoke ....

112.gif

RichardMiami

112.gif

Depends on what type of smoke it is........................ ;)

elp

112.gif

Depends on what type of smoke it is........................ ;)

Good old memories of a mis-spent youth :D

passit.gif

Stevenb12

Gazzla

I kinda assumed it was a joke ; and to be honest I can take a joke ; it does bother me sinking $300 into a watch then realise somehow whats shown in a QC pic is irrelevant kinda winds me up ;

To some other new board members just jumping on them with a joke/sarcasm could be really off putting for the board. I love this board don't contribute much but like I said I am a serious collector not just someone looking for who has the best sub ;-)

anyhow no love lost mate .... just replying to your sarcasm with my thoughts

Steve

stevok2305

If you'd read all the noob stuff first you'd have known the procedure.

Stevenb12

Man its relentless .... Ill duck out now .... thanks all that helped

onzenuub
Gazzla

I kinda assumed it was a joke ; and to be honest I can take a joke ; it does bother me sinking $300 into a watch then realise somehow whats shown in a QC pic is irrelevant kinda winds me up ;

To some other new board members just jumping on them with a joke/sarcasm could be really off putting for the board. I love this board don't contribute much but like I said I am a serious collector not just someone looking for who has the best sub ;-)

anyhow no love lost mate .... just replying to your sarcasm with my thoughts

Steve

When you love this board you ofcourse already did read that you should contact a moderator when having a problem with a TD? :P

Stevenb12

:itchyandscratchy: Aha ..... I think I have stumbled on an oldie The watch is listed with Miyolta 8207, QC pic shows HiBeat 28800

Now Im told it actually has ...... the Miyolta 8205 movement !!!! ,,,, but in fact the Miyolta 8205 is lowBeat - I think its an old story ....

JerAnt

So if I'm understanding correctly, are you saying you asked the TD about the discrepancy and that was the answer given? If so, then it sounds like you still have a reason to discuss with the TD (and then a mod if that goes nowhere).

QC pictures should be of the EXACT watch you'll receive, not of a similar watch with a different movement ...

For clarity, when you say QC pics, you are referring to pics the TD sent you, not just pics on their web site, right?

BadPickle

So you were qc pic shafted then? How can a qc pic of a 21600 read as a 28800? I'm guessing the qc's are for another trinket entirely :daffy:

Another case of dealer shafting customer ;)

MetalMickey

Curious...

BadPickle

Can we guess who the dealer is? :D

Stevenb12

Yea I think you all know who it is

It was the QC pic from the TD showed 28800 : and listed as miyota 8507 on the site it is the sky fall edition omega

Put it straight on my timer equipment and its 21600 and you can even see the second hand chugging around

Apparently their equipment cannot display the miyota 21600 correctly and shows 28800 :-) Wtf !!

A refund has been offered but that's not the point - I was told this is the best v6 and better than the bp which is 28800

The same thing happened on another omega sea master vintage remake ordered as 28800 got 21600

I am quite confused is this just a case of the dealer in question pushing their own versions

Edited by Stevenb12