Sign in to follow this  
Stevenb12

Trusted dealer error ?

elp

Apparently their equipment cannot display the miyota 21600 correctly and shows 28800 :-) Wtf !!

Awaiting some more knowledgeable members to chime in, in the interim I call TD BS .... a watch timegrapher can't display 28.8k?

Stevenb12

and on top of this - the QC pic is cant be the watch I got can it ??; I cannot see how their equipment misrepresents a 21600 as 28800 its a lie ; I believe they don't expect majority of us to have timer machines

Unless there is some truth that their machine does no autodetect beat rate like mine ?

Edited by Stevenb12

Joeboy

Fair play to the OP on this one, its sounds like this TD will soon just be a D :rolleyes:

Stevenb12

Here is the watch on the left the skyfall ; and the other watch I mention

Both these bought as HiBeats both listed as HiBeats .....

http://postimg.org/image/senc20d1x/

Edited by Stevenb12

black263

:itchyandscratchy: Aha ..... I think I have stumbled on an oldie The watch is listed with Miyolta 8207, QC pic shows HiBeat 28800

Now Im told it actually has ...... the Miyolta 8205 movement !!!! ,,,, but in fact the Miyolta 8205 is lowBeat - I think its an old story ....

At this stage, you shouldn't be airing it in public. We have a tried and tested procedure for when something goes wrong. (As a clue, try reading the link in big red letters on the right of the home page called WHAT TO DO WHEN THINGS GO WRONG.) You should first contact the TD, as it may be a genuine mistake. Then take it to the Moderators, and then by all means give us the full story, including the resolution. Just to go public about a TD in the Scam section, without first trying to work it through will not endear you to the forum. Having said that, a QC pic that purports to show your watch as high-beat, and which turns out to be false is something the Moderators take very seriously. So follow the procedure in private, and let us know at the end how you got on.

greg_r

Okay - we have a two-part situation here.

Firstly, it's not uncommon for the factory to switch movements and not tell the dealers.

However, the QC pics you received SHOULD have been of the watch you were sent (there's no real point of QC pics if they're not of the actual watch). However, most of the larger dealers rely on their agents (or sometimes suppliers) to provide those pics - and sometimes the bod concerned can't be arsed. It shouldn't happen, but it does from time to time. Alternatively, sometimes the wrong pics get sent to the wrong buyer. Either way it's not a great result.

The only way forward is a: talk to the dealer and b: get one of the moderators involved if you can't get a satisfactory conclusion from the dealer.

James.

Get a replacemwnt or refund and go to another TD. If this TD shafted you before with the kower beats mvmnt I dont understand why you'd buy from then again? Sense make no.

Stevenb12

Ok seems like im fekking a lot a people off ; is it possible to remove this thread

This kind of thing WHAT TO DO WHEN THINGS GO WRONG. ---kind of patronising

I have had some really kind support here and also sarcasm and hostility

I came on this thread just to sound things out .... and get some pointers which I now have

I also had some information that I thought was of use to the group

I will just to to a mod and keep my business private and not bother to share ....

Steve

Edited by Stevenb12

Stevenb12

We are all on the same team after all ;

Joeboy

Ok seems like im fekking a lot a people off ; is it possible to remove this thread

I came on this thread just to sound things out .... and get some pointers which I now have

I will just to to a mod and keep my business private and not bother to share ....

Steve

For what its worth Steve I have found this thread useful and your OP actually asked the question 'has this happened to anyone else' which seems a perfectly reasonable reason to start a thread :)

Stevenb12

Yes exactly - Thank you .... thats all I asked !!

black263

Steve

Not patronising. You're not a noob. You've been a member for over two years and should know by now how to proceed. I put it in capitals, because that's how it's written on the home page. No sympathy whatever with a TD who deliberately falsifies QC pics. But we simply don't know here where the fault lies. I wait with interest the outcome and hope that you get resolution.

Stevenb12

ok ; I am a bit sensitive ; I just believe that the pack that fights together wins - instead of this thread being all constructive there is so much wasted time on trying to go "one up"

a very common trait for people that feel "one down"

I take all the constructive and great advice on board ..... thanks man ...

Steve

elp

Stevenb12: You are right with your concerns, and have now been given advice in how to deal with it, by members and staff alike. Good luck.

As to the "sarcasm and hostility", this is a boisterous internet forum, and the fact the inmates can be rowdy shouldn't be a surprise if you'd spent a little more time here. If you're going to stick around I'd advise some thicker skin, this thread is kinda tame compared with some more contentious ones.

black263

ok ; I am a bit sensitive ; I just believe that the pack that fights together wins - instead of this thread being all constructive there is so much wasted time on trying to go "one up"

Steve

No need for the pack to fight , when you have a team of Rottweilers to do it for you. Cry havoc and let slip the mods of war!!

Kleen™

Steve

^ this.

RWG. Peace out. Maaan...

GenTLe

and on top of this - the QC pic is cant be the watch I got can it ??; I cannot see how their equipment misrepresents a 21600 as 28800 its a lie ; I believe they don't expect majority of us to have timer machines

Unless there is some truth that their machine does no autodetect beat rate like mine ?

Similar case happened with Angus (puretime) -> https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/271602-Timegrapher-Pics-An-Apology

He threw away his "QC guy"

It's not the Timegrapher unable to read 21600, it's a different watch measure or, the measure has been done on a different watch, then the timegrapher paused, your watch put on and the pic taken.

In all the cases not good at all.

JSJ

Assuming they have clear casebacks, post some pictures of the movements and it will quickly become obvious which movement you have.

Stevenb12

I will check that now as yes they do have clear case backs !

Thank you !!

GenTLe

Assuming they have clear casebacks, post some pictures of the movements and it will quickly become obvious which movement you have.

Exactly. In this hobby is important to have some knowledge.

Just look at this:

http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44&products_id=14147

That's clearly an Hi-Beat Miyota (and I can confirm since I have that watch, even if from another dealer), surely not a 2824. I have also written to Andrew about the error, but still it's there...

Stevenb12

Yes Yes ; QC pic shows the back my watch ; I can see where the case back is in a identical place to what I have .... but there it is on the Timergraph 28800 !

I think you are right I think we used to call this bait and switch !

GenTLe

Yes Yes ; QC pic shows the back my watch ; I can see where the case back is in a identical place to what I have .... but there it is on the Timergraph 28800 !

I think you are right I think we used to call this bait and switch !

Look at you QC pics: does the timegrapher have the red led (the pause one) switched on?

JSJ

Honestly, you are fishing around this. Really better to just post some pictures of the movements.

Edit: Sorry GenTLe not you mate, I mean the OP.

RUSH2112

I don't see why th OP is getting angry at the replies. They've been reasonable.

Stevenb12

Who is angry ?