Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

anyone seen this before???

Member X

I'm not sure why anyone would bother with those sites if you have access to our trusted dealers! lol

MikeMcNair

agreed, but all the trusted dealers seem to not have access to the watch i am looking for for some reason, so i googled it, and that's what came up.

i know its a rubish site, but it was surprising nonetheless.

Baldrick

What's so special about it, what's so surprising, what details are you able to discern from the very small photo and in what way is it a scam ?

MikeMcNair
What's so special about it, what's so surprising, what details are you able to discern from the very small photo and in what way is it a scam ?

hrm, lets see, a watch thats like a billion bux for 90, the tiny pic, the "order 10 or more and get a lower price" etc etc etc.

part of me wants it to be true, but dammit i hate the side of my mind that is realistic. because it is TOTALLY the watch i want.

Baldrick

"a million bux'. dya mean Repgeek bux, :wub:

Let's see, you go to a Chinese 'trade' site, you see the ubiquitous photo of a genuine watch, albeit the size of gnat's asshole, you read the description which is festooned with manufacturers advertising prose, the price quoted is firmly entrenched in the realm of ridiculous, not only that but if you buy in 'bulk' you get it down to $43.00 and you think that's strange :)

You will NOT get the watch you want, it does NOT exist, and if the nearest you can find to it is this POS drivel then buy the fargin; thing, in fact buy 10 and get it at $43:00, sell the other nine to other members living in your neighbourhood of Cloud Cuckoo Land and live happily ever after, you're not much of an explorer if you can't face the prospect of losing $90+ on finding the item of your wet dreams :rofl:

As for 'scam', it's hardly revelationary, never mind " A terrible scam" , are you a luuvy !

MikeMcNair

look, i dont know what the fuck your problem is, but this is a rep sight, that is taken with a "tongue in cheek" kind of way. trying to call me out as afraid to spend 90 bux on a scam is just plain dum.

i find what i like, and i buy it.

the pam i have a "wet dream" for is indeed going to have to be a gen, and that sucks cause i got fired 2 days ago, so thanks for making me feel worse asshole.

Baldrick

My pleasure, just helping you to feel at home on the 'site' :wub:

I don't have a problem, you can't find the watch that is gonna transform your life :)

MikeMcNair

again, thanks for nothing.

and yes, a watch can easily take my time, and mind, off of things for a short while.

the firearm in my avatar is currently being modified (i thought i could afford it with the new job, but NOPE, thats gone) so my "release" is on hold.

see, being a marksman with a CCW makes for a nice release of tension. so, without that, i am FORCED to stay on here with all of you derelects. (that was a joke FYI)

Baldrick, i know you dont hate me (yet), or maybe you do, but please dont play me like i am dumb. you know nothing of my education, achievements, and/or wealth. (or lack there of right now)

regardless, i saw that SITE after a google search, and i posted a link to see if anyone ever saw it on here before. it seams totally hokey, and you see that too. but i still had to ask.

so excuse me for being curious.

Baldrick

I'll excuse you for being curious, I won't excuse you tho' for being so serious.

I don't know why you brought firearms into the equation and I don't know what you're inferring by "my release being on hold". but I can prolly guess, if that's the case, then perhaps you should be concentrating on more important matters, both medical and fiscal instead of obsessing over a fantasy Panerai, as you say, I don't know you, so I can't 'hate' you, and nothing you could say, imply or post on this site would instill that emotion in me, I simply observe and form conclusions based on what I see regarding education, achievements and or wealth and OCB, from what you've posted in your last post, it concerns me that you're in charge of a firearm, I hope you find a job soon !

Rav747

Mike, dont take anything Baldy says to you by heart. He is sarcastic like that with everyone, even the people he is close to on here. and as far that site, it sounds too good to be true, and i wouldn't go anywhere but the trusted dealers here. As far as your job, sorry to hear that, its tough out there. Hang in there bud.

Edited by Rav747

Wiz
look, i dont know what the fuck your problem is, but this is a rep sight, that is taken with a "tongue in cheek" kind of way. trying to call me out as afraid to spend 90 bux on a scam is just plain dum.

i find what i like, and i buy it.

the pam i have a "wet dream" for is indeed going to have to be a gen, and that sucks cause i got fired 2 days ago, so thanks for making me feel worse asshole.

You've been flamed because you asked about something that has been asked by hundreds of new members and that has been covered hundreds of time: If any trusted dealer can get it, assume it doesn't exist. Period.

If you want to proceed with that site you'll end up loosing some money, but you won't be neither the first nor the last, so if you need to go through that process to understand how things work, knock yourself out.

MikeMcNair

i honestly dont even know what to say, other than you guys need to lighten up.

as for the firearm, it is currently being modified, thus my time at the range being oh hold. as for my legal ability to cary one, in my state, you have to go through a process to ensure your not nuts and/or dangerous with it, so implying that i am is simply ludicrous.

you have your hobbies, and i'll have mine, and we'll leave it at that.

as for the site, notice my remarks about it being a scam? if you missed it, i DID say it. i was simply curious to see if anyone else came across said scam.

and, search did NOT show up any results for this particular scam, so "hundreds of new members" before me must not have posted about it.

is it a fucking full moon tonight? sooooo many people on here are really edgy today.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
You've been flamed because you asked about something that has been asked by hundreds of new members and that has been covered hundreds of time: If any trusted dealer can get it, assume it doesn't exist. Period.

If you want to proceed with that site you'll end up loosing some money, but you won't be neither the first nor the last, so if you need to go through that process to understand how things work, knock yourself out.

:blink:

You guys seriously need to get your eyes checked...the first line in the Original Post:

so, who has come across this little gem of a scam?

EDIT: Bolded since everyone since hasn't read the OP.

MikeMcNair
If any trusted dealer can get it, assume it doesn't exist. Period..

and proofread, cause you make no sense. :blink:

sconehead

Mike, take no notice of Balders, he's cranky at the best of times mate...today he seems crankier than normal...:thumbsup2:

...however, this site, if legit would probably supply cheap looking pot metal copies at those prices. At the end of the day it's your dough mate but go with your gut feeling, if something is too good to be true it's more than likely a lie...mind you, I think you already knew that mate...:blink:

Baldrick

Yeah, you tell 'em Mike, you fools, proofread, ya hear me, PROOF-READ :thumbsup2:

Wot's too good to be true is that you're a Mod here, oh wait, that's only when you get let out the monkey-house at weekends, no :blink:

sconehead
Wot's too good to be true is that you're a Mod here, oh wait, that's only when you get let out the monkey-house at weekends, no B)

...true to form yet again, carry on...:blink:

baldersnewbird.jpg

Baldrick

Ahhh Sconey, your Mum and Dad, excitedly awaiting your release fom the monkey house, they're a sweet couple, (BTW, which one is Mum), carry on :blink:

sconehead
Ahhh Sconey, your Mum and Dad, excitedly awaiting your release fom the monkey house, they're a sweet couple, (BTW, which one is Mum), carry on :blink:

HOW DARE YOU!!!

...call me gay, a practicer of zoophilia...anything but that!

...my parents aren't sweatysocks...errr, of Scottish descent, do you think I'd be the upstanding member I am if that was the case?

...no offence intended to any other of our fine members north of the border...:rofl:

...carry on...B)

Baldrick

B) Now I know you're trying to take the piss, who said folks north of the border were "fine" ?

PS notice I said 'trying' , sorry Son, you failed (and miserably so) :blink:

sconehead

''Sorry Son?''

Dad?

Baldrick

I'm being avuncular, it's a side of me that surfaces when I see poor destitute hypertrichotic children with no dental plan, OK son :(

sconehead
I'm being avuncular, it's a side of me that surfaces when I see poor destitute hypertrichotic children with no dental plan, OK son :D

Ahhh...you are so wrong, my pearly whites are one of my most endearing features...Hollywood straight too...must come from the gene pool though, as admitedly dentistry here in England is sadly lacking when compared to the rest of Europe...

...mind you, if I wanted teeth like sugarpuffs I need only start swallying Buckfast like you my oft abrasive friend...:D

Baldrick

Smash-up-the-hoose-juice, not obtainable here in the LOS, you smooth talking wooly-back bar-steward :D