Sign in to follow this  
James.

Basel 2016

James.

Two hugely surprising watch from basel...

I never thought id want a Chanel watch. Then this happened...

MonsieurdeChanelwatch-5_zpskc0gygum.jpg

MonsieurdeChanelwatch-9_zpsw5wppqu0.jpg

I've also always believed that if you're going to use a battery powered object to tell the time you may as well be your phone. But again...wtf WANT

P3090606_zpswfusfqbv.jpg

P3090604_zpsamm9loob.jpg

P3090620_zpstazlntk3.jpg

P3090598_zpskp8e0bzu.jpg

klt11

12383496_1128630753854045_616466701_n_zpsg9wu3trl.jpg

Stole my breath this year.. I don't know why I have a thing for blue watches.. I have a bigger thing for Patek Blue watches.. still waiting for a good blue PP rep though.. it's not happening..

Weirdly, this is my least favourite of Pateks offerings. The blue is nice but the dial is cluttered and it is far from elegant, but not very Patek!

DC

I find this being one of my favourite Pateks, I find that a lot of them are very simple and elegant and that's not my thing, they need to rep this even if I'm the only one buying

_DC_

What they really need to rep from the new line up is this....

4B7FEAFE-08D3-432B-BA0A-74475CDB4FDF_zpspabakntr.jpg

I wasn't sure about the new 5170 dial layout when the black dial version was released, and similarly this rose gold version with black dial doesn't quite work for me, but with white dial it is just a dream!! Perhaps this new release will encourage rep factories to finally do a proper job of the 5170 with an ST19 movement :wub: :wub: :wub:

DC

Foxindebox
What they really need to rep from the new line up is this....

4B7FEAFE-08D3-432B-BA0A-74475CDB4FDF_zpspabakntr.jpg

I wasn't sure about the new 5170 dial layout when the black dial version was released, and similarly this rose gold version with black dial doesn't quite work for me, but with white dial it is just a dream!! Perhaps this new release will encourage rep factories to finally do a proper job of the 5170 with an ST19 movement :wub: :wub: :wub:

DC

+1

I couldn't agree more. This is absolutely gorgeous and really needs a decent rep.

Foxindebox

I think this looks amazing. Won't ever be repped though... :(

af5b5b7ab7490449bcb3aafa1aef1cd6_zpsewxethpi.jpg

Piccolo

I'm with you on that - I really like that date aperture surround. Dial finish look stunning as well.

rawbaws

MonsieurdeChanelwatch-9_zpsw5wppqu0.jpg

I've also always believed that if you're going to use a battery powered object to tell the time you may as well be your phone. But again...wtf WANT

P3090606_zpswfusfqbv.jpg

P3090604_zpsamm9loob.jpg

P3090620_zpstazlntk3.jpg

P3090598_zpskp8e0bzu.jpg

I dunno James I think you've gone basel mad with regards to that chanel. Maybe if you wore it movement side up. .

FL13

That Bulova.... they killed it with that Lug style.... Other than that... it's not half bad for a quartz

fatarms

A quartz with a see thru caseback seems a little strange to me...

rusty peters

A quartz with a see thru caseback seems a little strange to me...

But...it is pretty nice looking for a quartz. Bulova is doing a lot of things correctly lately. I was afraid they would go the Movado route and die a slow shameful death.

Cleebeauregard

Just watched the hublots presentation on YouTube. The "tooty frooty" collection looks more like an ice watch collection that stared in pimp my ride... Ridiculous.

For those interested

WARNING: Above link may induce vomiting! LOL

Godfathar

Lovely video from Patek Philippe on the watch.. This might just change your mind DC and you can see it a bit with more open mind :P

krag90
I think this looks amazing. Won't ever be repped though... :( af5b5b7ab7490449bcb3aafa1aef1cd6_zpsewxethpi.jpg

Open barrel! Never seen that one before! :) Drooling my eyes off over here!

_DC_

Lovely video from Patek Philippe on the watch.. This might just change your mind DC and you can see it a bit with more open mind :P

The case is beautiful, love the stepped lugs reminiscent of the 5970/5270, but still not a fan of the dial, can't put my finger on it but it's not doing it for me still!

DC

NFleischer

Some very cool pieces, I like that G-P , seems like they could make a good rep of it.

I don't like that white Chanel, never been much of a fan of Regulateur watches myself.

RUSH2112

My favorite patek ever.