Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

List of Rep SERVICE places in the USA

MikeMcNair

so, i want to lume the PISS out of my DSSD, and every other watch i buy, because i am an avid marksman, and having tritium on my pistols is SOO nice, i want my watches to be as bright.

so, is there anyone in the US i can send a watch to to LUME THE HELL out of my DSSD, and every other watch i get from now on for that matter.

the ONLY reason i am looking for someone in the US, is because of shipping TIMES and CHARGES. otherwise, i would go right to BRIGHTLIGHT because he is the man.

in fact, if i cant find one in the US, i will send my watch to him, but still, any ideas?

thanks in advance for your help and or thoughts.

Luthier

Ziggyzumba.

MikeMcNair
Ziggyzumba.

thanks Luth, i gotta look that name up!!!

i dont know why i am all about LUME lately, but i want some seriously bright shit. and i know i could do it myself, BUT i don't wanna fuck it up, so i would rather a pro do it ya know.

Wiz

Vaccum is also in the US.

prestigewatchco

Yes Vaccum is the best bet you may not be granted an audience with Ziggy!!

Baldrick

Granted an audience with Ziggy or not. he is the A #1, Master, Yoda of all watchsmithery on these fora, none finer :D

prestigewatchco

No better than Vaccum at luming they say maybe better as a repairer although anyone I have ever encountered who talks a job so well is usually a let down when they actually do the job.

I seem to remember him throwing the dummy out of the pram some time ago and was only taking work from existing long term customers

Baldrick

Regardless of your agenda against him, he's streets ahead of Vacuum in all areas, and unlike you, he's actually in a position to be picky and limit his supply of service to existing customers :D

"Throw his dummy out the pram" = kettle / pot / black B)

Wiz

I also don't understand the whole thing with Vac. Yes, he is a good lumer, but Domi or fine_dd lume jobs are at least as good, and they only started luming about a year ago, so all in all Vac is really not that impressive.

prestigewatchco

I have no agenda with him I have an opinion which is he is over priced and over rated other than that nothing!

Is there any subject you are not a world authority on?

For someone with such a huge knowledge of everything your only claim to fame on the forum has been copying TTK's pictures over.

O not forgetting being an arsehole in the main that is.

Again you are speaking about your opinion rather than facts I routinely refuse 20-30 orders a month because I don't like the feel of them.

Just look at the people who have been refused complaining to see you are again wrong.

Your interference in this thread is of no value what so ever and doesn't suggest anything of any value to the OP which while normal for you is at best tiresome

prestigewatchco
I also don't understand the whole thing with Vac. Yes, he is a good lumer, but Domi or fine_dd lume jobs are at least as good, and they only started luming about a year ago, so all in all Vac is really not that impressive.

Maybe not but unless the other 2 have moved to USA then not a lot of use to the OP!

I know a guy in China that is great and charges $10 to relume but doesn't help the OP as he is primarily looking for someone in the USA of which Vacs is most likely the best available

Wiz
:D

prestigewatchco

Maybe not but unless the other 2 have moved to USA then not a lot of use to the OP!

I know a guy in China that is great and charges $10 to relume but doesn't help the OP as he is primarily looking for someone in the USA of which Vacs is most likely the best available

The other alternative is Rex!!

Wiz

I never had the opportunity to compare Ziggy and Vac works, so I can't have an opinion, but if Vac really is the best in the US it is quite a pity.

prestigewatchco

To be honest I have only ever seen pictures of their work I have never actually held one in my hand . I am basing suggesting Vacs on the feed back he seems to enjoy from people who have had work done in the main it appears to be good.

I really don't understand the whole lume thing if I told the truth how long does the average person spend staring at his watch in pitch darkness to need lume to last 8 hours. I could perhaps understand if you were living in the Artic circle but in most countries it gets light before the lume runs out

I did once see a B+R relumed by Kent Parks that was amazing but wouldn't suggest him as the time he takes is crazy

Baldrick

Your opinion has no value, history and the experience of hundreds of other long term users who were here when you weren't matter more than your opinion.

I don't profess to be a world authority on anything, if you perceive that, then perhaps it's a reflection of your inferiority complex, I know what I know on these forums, regardless of Ziggy's pricing and recalcitrance in dealing with some members, he's still the best.

I don't copy TTK's photos, I simply paste them for the enjoyment of others and to make the board a more interesting place to browse, which is more than can be said of your contribution, other than supplying 'cheap' watches, which places you firmly in the realm of most dealers, not above them, mediocrity can have it's good points as well you know, no need to feel under-whelmed B)

I routinely refuse 20-30 orders a month because I don't like the feel of them.

And I'm sure Ziggy routinely refuses a similar amount, simply because he doesn't like the 'feel of them' , what's your point?

Just look at the people who have been refused complaining to see you are again wrong.

So, I'm wrong and Ziggys wrong, but you're right, :rofl:. logic escapes you doesn't it.

What is there to complain about if he refuses somebody, he's under no obligation to carry out work for everyone, that's the beauty of providing a service, it allows you freedom of choice B)

Your interference in this thread is of no value what so ever and doesn't suggest anything of any value to the OP which while normal for you is at best tiresome

I wasn't responding to the OP, I was responding to your assinine remark regarding Ziggy, you couldn't let your post rest at "why not try Vacuum" he's a good lumer and modder, no, you had to get your SNIDE little remark in about being granted an appointment with Ziggy, HTF do you know whether Ziggy would have given him the time of day or not, the OP might have contacted him and been greeted with civility and perhaps even had the work carried out by the "ZIGMEISTER", you simply muddied the waters with your SNIDE remark.

PS, read the posters above, I think you'll find there's no great reverence for Vac, I can't say the same for Ziggy B)

You're not by any chance pussy-ratting again in Pattaya this weekend are you?, I'd really LOVE to meet with you :D

AllergyDoc

Zig is in Nova Scocia, not the US. I couldn't get a PM thru to him when I wanted a lume job so good luck. I have a watch with a Rex lume job and it's good. It was a sandwich PAM, though. Easy job. There's also that guy in Texas. He tends to ge behind, tho.

Wiz
To be honest I have only ever seen pictures of their work I have never actually held one in my hand . I am basing suggesting Vacs on the feed back he seems to enjoy from people who have had work done in the main it appears to be good.

I really don't understand the whole lume thing if I told the truth how long does the average person spend staring at his watch in pitch darkness to need lume to last 8 hours. I could perhaps understand if you were living in the Artic circle but in most countries it gets light before the lume runs out

I did once see a B+R relumed by Kent Parks that was amazing but wouldn't suggest him as the time he takes is crazy

IMO there is around Vac the same madness there was around fakey at some point.

I have had in hand an iwc 3717 relumed by Vac, a gen 3717 dial, and a rep 3717 dial relumed by Domi. Gen lume on the 3717 is not very good, and Vac's lume glows equaly bright, but while gen's lume or Domi's lume will last untill the next morning, there is no way you'll read time on the dial relumed by Vac if you wake up in the middle of the night.

Talking about B&R, I've had one relumed by Goin and it was glowing crazy. I think it is because of the large flat surfaces with white paint underneath.

prestigewatchco

I may well be in Pattaya this week end I never got there last weekend traffic was crazy in Bangkok so gave it a miss.

I should make the effort this weekend though, I have some pals who arrived yesterday although as it is at the moment I have a far bit to do before I can get away, so may well have the traffic problem again time I am able to leave.

Incidently if I can't get there myself I have plenty of people there who would be happy to meet you if you have something important to tell me that can't wait

prestigewatchco

"IMO there is around Vac the same madness there was around fakey at some point."

That may well be the case they do like a paper idol on these forum!!

yes I can imagine there a many variables in luming to acheive a better result certainly having a white back ground would on the face of it offer more reflected light

barkingtoad

What about the UK now Brightlight has closed down while he sorts work commitments out ?

Baldrick

Ahhh. the old "I have a friend' routine, I'd love to have a meet with them, p'raps they could meet up with some of my friends,I'll run it past them, but I don't think it'll be a goer, they're not fond of being seen around BoyzTown, kinda ruins their street cred if ya know what I mean, and I'm sure you do B)

Traffic problems, what traffic problems, I was at Bangkok last weekend buying a new camera, no traffic problems that I could see, but then again if you have to drive your Yamaha puddle-jumper thru' all those small towns avoiding the expressway, I can see where you're at, or more likely, where you're NOT at, Bang Paen is a traffic nightmare B)

although as it is at the moment I have a far bit to do before I can get away,

yeah, I know it's a PITA having to wrap and address all those Jiffy bags, still, it could have been worse, if you hadn't refused those 30 orders you didn't like the feel of, think how much more of your time you would have to surrender :D

I think I'll wait for the meet until you have some more free time ( or at least draw in some more mazooola for the bus fare) but remember to have an extra fish head in your soup, the omega 3 fatty acids are good for cellular development, especially brain cells !

Wiz
"IMO there is around Vac the same madness there was around fakey at some point."

That may well be the case they do like a paper idol on these forum!!

yes I can imagine there a many variables in luming to acheive a better result certainly having a white back ground would on the face of it offer more reflected light

The white background makes a huge difference, especially on a sandwich dial. Spray painting the backplate takes the lume into a whole new world.

The number of layers applied also makes a huge difference. From what I've seen on the forums, people tend to apply one thick layer of lume, while I realized the result is way better is you apply several thin layers.

And of course, I believe the quality of the lume also makes a difference. I have an order from Tritec incoming next month so i'll be able to tell more at this time.

Wiz
What about the UK now Brightlight has closed down while he sorts work commitments out ?

Even if Domi and fine_dd are in Germany, right now they still are the best options within the EU, untill we see what Aris' work looks like :D

prestigewatchco

"Traffic problems, what traffic problems, I was at Bangkok last weekend buying a new camera, no traffic problems that I could see, but then again if you have to drive your Yamaha puddle-jumper thru' all those small towns avoiding the expressway, I can see where you're at, or more likely, where you're NOT at, Bang Paen is a traffic nightmare"

Funny at the time I said I was not bothering because of traffic in the SB that a fucking know all would know better about the traffic than I who was actually in it at the time.

"yeah, I know it's a PITA having to wrap and address all those Jiffy bags, still, it could have been worse, if you hadn't refused those 30 orders you didn't like the feel of, think how much more of your time you would have to surrender"

Odd because if thats all thats involved doesn't say a lot for that one time dealer and fellow Scotsman you seem to hold in such high esteem.

He couldn't hack it and decided it was easier to scam than ship or is your version of events different?

Think it maybe time at this stage to put you on the ignore list until you grow up a little