MikeMcNair

List of Rep SERVICE places in the USA

Luthier

Ziggy's work.

cdwristlume.jpg

Wiz
Ziggy's work.

cdwristlume.jpg

I'm not familiar with Ziggy's work but this is pretty awesome, knowing that this watch is most likely a pain in the ass to relume.

Baldrick
Funny at the time I said I was not bothering because of traffic in the SB that a fucking know all would know better about the traffic than I who was actually in it at the time.

Yeah, you said that at approx MIDNIGHT in the SB, HTF you knew what the traffic was like escapes me, but then again, you're all-knowing, PLUS, you've done the journey a 1000 times, hmmm, once a week for well over the past 10 years, now I know you can bull-shit, but you're stretching it here, besides which on a good day it takes 1:40 and on a bad day 2-3 hours, unless there's an RTA it never takes 4-5 hours, but you KNOW all about Thailand, so maybe I'm wrong, but I know I'm not !

Odd because if thats all thats involved doesn't say a lot for that one time dealer and fellow Scotsman you seem to hold in such high esteem.

He couldn't hack it and decided it was easier to scam than ship or is your version of events different?

Dunno what TTK has to do with it, it only takes one Scotsman to handle you, and NOT in the way I know you like a man to handle you.

Think it maybe time at this stage to put you on the ignore list until you grow up a little

Ignore list :rofl:

Yeah the day that happens is the day you'll front up and meet me in Pattaya, that'll be the 12th of Never, as we've seen already, you're ALL mouth and trousers B)

Check out the posters in this thread above you, they're hardly giving "glowing" ( excuse the pun ), credit to Vac, once again, you presented an opinion and you've been p'wnd.

KBH

I'll add that last I heard Rex was only doing simple lume jobs such as Rolex dots and sandwich Pams. I have a GMTIIC from Rex and it's quite satisfactory but then, there's nothing particularly difficult about it. The factory lume on the new 288 is better.

2 earlier emails to Ziggy went unanswered so I'm not sure what's up with him.

MikeMcNair

wow, what a thread, you guys sound like a few tween girls.

so, we have:

vacuum

rex

ziggy

who else?

and are these guys on THIS forum, or others? Brightlight is my first choice for all things watch related, BUT, due to shipping times i am trying to get someone in the US (preferably in the NE of the US B) )

robert, thanks for your suggestion,

baldrick, jump off of something very high.

kthnxbi

Aren
so, i want to lume the PISS out of my DSSD, and every other watch i buy, because i am an avid marksman, and having tritium on my pistols is SOO nice, i want my watches to be as bright.

:rofl: great idea! I never thought about shooting with my watch,

but I think it is a great idea.

Let me know how it works out...

I would like to try it.

B)

Aren

my computer winked out and when I hit resend got a double post.

So...

here is one with a lazor sight.

M16A4withLazor.jpg

and I think this would make a fine watch too.

greg_r

so, we have:

vacuum

rex

ziggy

who else?

Firstly, forget Ziggy. He's doing a lot less work these days and unless you're an existing customer you stand no chance of doing business with him.

The only two guys we have here that do lume are Fine DD and Aris911 (both of whom have subforums and are EU based). Aris also does general servicing.

In the US, for general servicing there's SpeedyG (based at repgeek) Katt (based at RWI) and 14060 or 16610? (who is a member here and has a subforum at RWI).

Rex and Vac seem to be the go-to guys for lume in the US though (both at RG).

MikeMcNair

i shoot with my watches on, indoors, in a dimly lit range. so and i am charged by the hr, so having a watch that i can see is quite a benefit. so whether or not your remarks were smart ass, it doesn't matter to me. my usage and intentions are allowed to be different then yours. remember, a mind is like a parachute, it only functions while open :/

greg, thank you for clarifying. i appreciate all of your help (in the past, present and hopefully future B) )

Wiz

so, we have:

vacuum

rex

ziggy

who else?

Firstly, forget Ziggy. He's doing a lot less work these days and unless you're an existing customer you stand no chance of doing business with him.

The only two guys we have here that do lume are Fine DD and Aris911 (both of whom have subforums and are EU based). Aris also does general servicing.

In the US, for general servicing there's SpeedyG (based at repgeek) Katt (based at RWI) and 14060 or 16610? (who is a member here and has a subforum at RWI).

Rex and Vac seem to be the go-to guys for lume in the US though (both at RG).

Add Domi to the list for the EU.

Pix met him, he has his own shop and he is one of the few real watchmaker we have in the rep world (I mean one who actually graduated from a good watch school), so he can also provide all kind of (watch related) services.

MikeMcNair

good to know, thanks!! :thumbup:

randy3y

Doc,

Who is the guy in Texas? I don't need lum but general other work.

Hmmm....I am starting to get the feeling that Robert and Baldrick don't really care for each other.

Just a feeling though - not really certain yet!

AllergyDoc

randy3y

Looks like he is in AZ now.

Thanks

AllergyDoc

He has fallen behind in his work in the past, likes months behind. You might want to ask him about that before you send him work. I've read his work is usually quite good, with occasional lapses of mediocrity.

MikeMcNair

thanks doc, i emailed kent, lets see what the dilly-o is :blink:

gB.

Member 14060 or 16610? (George or just G.) is Texas based and very good. Not the cheapest, but he sends detailed pics of exactly what he is doing on your watch so you know you are getting what you pay for. His specialty seems to be servicing A7750/7753 movements. You ship him your watch and make PP when he receives it to get a spot in his queue. His wait time is usually 6 weeks standard. I have had 5 serviced by him with no complaints.

SpeedyG is also supposed to be very good, but there is nothing speedy about his service (which is ironic). I sent my vintage 6263 'tona to him based on a recommendation two months ago, and it's only moved up one spot in the list during that time (currently #9). At this rate I should have it back by early 2012... :blink:

I haven't used Katt yet (Chicago based) but have discussed some pricing options on servicing. He has a good reputation on RWI, but I have no idea what his service turn around time is like.

MikeMcNair

spoke to kent at everest, nice guy!!! i'll be sending him my watch soon for the "superluminova" work :D

now, i just need to buy another watch to wear while this one is gone. might have to be that 111 greg got from robert :D

gB.
spoke to kent at everest, nice guy!!! i'll be sending him my watch soon for the "superluminova" work :D

now, i just need to buy another watch to wear while this one is gone. might have to be that 111 greg got from robert :D

What's his backlog and turn around time that he gave you?

MikeMcNair

2-3 weeks, all things included. so not TOO bad if you ask me. now i gotta find another watch to buy to keep my wrist warm while the DSSD is getting worked on. robert is helping me with that right now :D

gB.
2-3 weeks, all things included. so not TOO bad if you ask me. now i gotta find another watch to buy to keep my wrist warm while the DSSD is getting worked on. robert is helping me with that right now :D

:D

What's wrong with the DSSD lume as is..? I bought the same ultimate one from Mary and mine lights up like a Xmas tree with very little charge.

MikeMcNair

mine is OK, but doesnt seem to hold a "gharge" long. i want LONG. like, i want to see it if i wake up in the middle of the night, and right now, that ain't happ'nin

prestigewatchco

I saw a B+R lumed by Kent parks and it was one of the best I have ever seen. He was at one time about the only person doing B+R as I remember . But there have been complaints about the time he takes lately but haven't seen much in respect of bad work ever

MikeMcNair
I saw a B+R lumed by Kent parks and it was one of the best I have ever seen. He was at one time about the only person doing B+R as I remember . But there have been complaints about the time he takes lately but haven't seen much in respect of bad work ever

we are at 2-3 weeks total turn around. so once i get my watches from you robert, i will send my DSSD out for this service.

thank you to all for the suggestions. Kent seams like a great guy, and i am glad we got set up.