GC

Any opinions on the Omega FOIS

GC

I'm playing with the idea of this model as an alternative to the classic speedy moon watch.

It's a smaller case @39.7mm vs 42mm of the moon watch, it also has recessed sub-dials.

Opinions?

D3D0CC83-CE03-4C03-BE8F-C8A60A608795_zpstgqq71sh.png

And gen for reference

A4F37BD1-1258-4D2E-ADC0-CCC4CFF559DF_zpsc0u7dh9f.png

Nugget001

I looked closely at this model but ended up going with the Moonie as I like the bigger size

But good looking watch & seems to be a great good quality rep

UmpaHimself

I've heard this is supposed to be very accurate, but not sure myself.

dfq23

Subdial placement as always is off but these come with the sub dial at 6 already frozen and accurate for this model sapphire crystal. Has solid case back though like the gen so you lose out on the pretty display back on the others

ShovelnTC

I'm going to go the same way, I find the narrower lugs and less bulky case suits me better and the smaller size is more comfortable for me as well as I prefer my watches around 40mm.

Still haven't done enough research to offer any advise as to the watches accuracy to Gen etc but from what I've read so far there is NO particularly accurate speedy Rep..

chase0224

Very well made rep, besides the sub-dial spacing everything is perfect on it. Really regret selling mine :(

Bidle

I really like this model. Don't own any Speedmaster,... and always a hate/love relationship with it. As I prefer the earlier lugs and also hands,... so this one could be definitely a winner!! Still didn't bought one yet, so maybe one day!!

Only would have like to see the correct placement of the dot on the '90'.

Next time take the time to look for a more decent photo. Yours don't do the watch justice. ;-)

V1.jpg

Edited by Bidle

RandomGuy

I think Ish did a detailed review of it, which was positive and prompted me to buy it. I got it from a TD but on arrival the crown was exceptionally tight. Painful to open. Wore it occasionally for 6 weeks, and one day could not get crown open to set time. Tried to carefully use a tool, and the crown popped off. Oh well, it's a rep. Probably a one off, but the QC video showed easy crown operation. Not gonna hassle the TD about it, just moving on.

But I liked it for the time I had it. Leather was lighter than in photos, but I thought diameter was fine. For my 7" wrist I thought it was a better fit than my 42 silver snoopy.

If you buy, I'll send you mine and you can salvage it for extra parts!

Haltec
On 19/03/2016 at 19:20, GC said:

I'm playing with the idea of this model as an alternative to the classic speedy moon watch.

It's a smaller case @39.7mm vs 42mm of the moon watch, it also has recessed sub-dials.

Opinions?

D3D0CC83-CE03-4C03-BE8F-C8A60A608795_zpstgqq71sh.png

And gen for reference

A4F37BD1-1258-4D2E-ADC0-CCC4CFF559DF_zpsc0u7dh9f.png

Is FOIS rep also smaller than Moonie rep?

I've got some offer but now I see this new size info.. ?  

Is it really smaller?

hanski

This is an awesome model! Tried it on at an AD the other day. It’s a lovely, elegant watch that perfectly suits my smaller wrists. If I ever come into enough monies that I don’t mind dropping a few grand on a gen, this is currently at the top of my list. Although, I’d be tempted to find one of the rebooted 321 movements if I had money to spend....dreams...

If I have to say anything negative, I’d say I’m not a fan of dauphine hands. I’d be inclined to swap them out to typical speedie stick hands. 

Cant speak to the rep quality but I’d say go for it. 

EC25724-E-16-DB-458-B-8-C86-AC93-D5-F3-A