Sign in to follow this  
NCRich

Pepsi 1675 - almost there.

NCRich

Newest build. I've had this ETA stated Swiss 1675 with white lume from MR for a couple of years. The insert was wrong and the crystal sucked. After playing with the DRSD I decided to tackle this. So I took it apart. Special thanks go to Pickledbeetroot and especially Rolie for their expert advice. Kept me from screwing up.

Bought a new insert and crystal from Wholesaleoutlet on the bay. I've now got it mostly reassembled and I was playing with picture taking this evening. Unfortunately it had the friction fit plastic gasket holding the bezel assembly to the crystal and I destroyed it getting it off. So I figured out it was nothing more than a watch crystal gasket that they used on the outside of the plexi. Typical rep factory engineering. Ordered three the correct size from Ofrei in case I screw another one up. They should be here Wednesday and I'll button it all up. But a few pics of the work so far.

The aged dial and hands. I quite like the way this turned out.

P3200300_zpsqw34s5et.jpg

I aged the insert, and the case has had the edges softened, then sanded and re-polished.

P3200303_zpsboet2su7.jpg

Finally the whole thing ready to be buttoned up. I'll finish this when that little piece of plastic gets here.

P3200307_zpshyxerntx.jpg

Watch this space for coming attractions. :lol:

Retina

looking good!

Ishmael

I feel for you man. These GMTs are among the hardest builds to get done. I just had my 6542 finished recently and I swear to God I'll never do one of those again. Considering a 1675, however.

Looks amazing though, well done! :clap:

peteins

Someone came in work with the gen of this yesterday, looked so damn nice! Yours seems yo be pretty good in comparison! Good work :)

BadPickle

Very nice work mate, very nice indeed. There's a temptation to go too far with the aging on these, but I think you've nailed this one :thumbsup: less is actually more!! :D

No need to thank me really, I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination just pleased I could be a small part of this. Looking forward to the finished pics.

Robin195959

Very nice Rich. Look forward to the finished article.

fetasigma

I like it, I wish mine was that nice

Daywatch

Looks like it will turn out great. Looking forward to more pics soon:)

ROLIE

Excellent and well done rich that is a corker as we say .

Will look the dogs bollocks when all put together .......