Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

SUPER DEALS on Gen INVICTA watches....

MikeMcNair

are you familiar with this? if not, check it out. it's a great was to get some decent watches for next to nothing.

http://www.invictasundayrun.com/featured/schedule

Every Sunday at precisely 12am Eastern Standard Time, we receive a shipment from our overseas workshops. Like clockwork the crates containing our timepieces are loaded into our big yellow truck. And, like clockwork on the only road out of the docks, our truck hits the same meteorite sized pothole & we lose a crate. Bad for us. Good for you. As soon as that crate hits the street so do the prices of the watches.

It will take us exactly 24 hours to discover that "Big Yellow" completed its run minus the some of our very special cargo. 24 hours is precisely how long subscribers to our newsletter "The Movement" will have to get their hands on these brand new beauties at their "running" price. But when Midnight strikes, the Invicta Recovery Team swoops in to claim the remaining, notoriously missing cargo & just like a dream, the watches vanish. And trust us, you don't want to mess with the dudes who drive "Big Yellow", we saw it happen, once..

last watch they sold (last week) was an 800$ watch for like 150$. there are some really good deals.

i found out about this by a guy working at the airport security this past week he complimented my DSSD, and i his Invicta (looked like a 50+mm watch, but was actually sharp looking, just HUGE) and he told me about the sunday run, so i signed up B)

check it out, and get watches cheap.

greg_r

Shame the bastards won't ship outside the US - on the other hand, my credit card is only just starting to recover from a panic attack, so maybe it's just as well :rofl:

Great deal for those in CONUS though B)

MikeMcNair

here is the watch the airport guy was wearing. if i had to guess, it was 50+mm, and actually was really sharp in person. the gold rope around the bezel looked really neat. while this watch was too big for me, it looked good on him (he was BIG DUDE)

invicta-6477-mens-reserve-chronograph-blue-polyurethane.jpg

Aren
are you familiar with this? if not, check it out. it's a great was to get some decent watches for next to nothing.

http://www.invictasundayrun.com/featured/schedule

Every Sunday at precisely 12am Eastern Standard Time, we receive a shipment from our overseas workshops. Like clockwork the crates containing our timepieces are loaded into our big yellow truck. And, like clockwork on the only road out of the docks, our truck hits the same meteorite sized pothole & we lose a crate. Bad for us. Good for you. As soon as that crate hits the street so do the prices of the watches.

It will take us exactly 24 hours to discover that "Big Yellow" completed its run minus the some of our very special cargo. 24 hours is precisely how long subscribers to our newsletter "The Movement" will have to get their hands on these brand new beauties at their "running" price. But when Midnight strikes, the Invicta Recovery Team swoops in to claim the remaining, notoriously missing cargo & just like a dream, the watches vanish. And trust us, you don't want to mess with the dudes who drive "Big Yellow", we saw it happen, once..

last watch they sold (last week) was an 800$ watch for like 150$. there are some really good deals.

i found out about this by a guy working at the airport security this past week he complimented my DSSD, and i his Invicta (looked like a 50+mm watch, but was actually sharp looking, just HUGE) and he told me about the sunday run, so i signed up B)

check it out, and get watches cheap.

You are joking right?

These watches are knock offs of Rolex and others. They are $50 watches sold at ridiculously high prices to the unsuspecting. My brother has a collection of Invicta's and Sterlings and has been ripped off constantly. It is so sad. The watches are mostly HUGE and SHINY. They are sold in the USA on NBC TV to people who don't have a clue.

I want to get my brother some decent reps. Don't get taken in by this stuff. Speak to Houndoggie if you have any doubts about what these watches actually are and what they are worth.

There is a reason you don't see Invicta's much here at the forum.

If you aren't joking Mike. Don't get taken in by that hype and that tale.

If you really want one...look at Overstock.com or Amazon.com and don't be fooled.

MikeMcNair
Shame the bastards won't ship outside the US -

i'm glad to have them shipped to me, and i'll ship them to EU if anyone needs my assistance. the deals are so crazy, it's hard to pass up.

the watch posted above (the one the airport security guy was wearing) was retailing for 1200 USD IIRC, and he got it for 140 UDS!!!

the deals can't be beat if you like the watches.

i just looked through the whole catalog and there are actually some pretty nice pieces there.

MikeMcNair

funny thing is, i sent all this info to greg_r first to see if i would get flamed, i suppose my apprehension was correct.

besides, time pieces are SUBJECTIVELY attractive, so to each their own.

if they are indeed over price knock offs, then selling them super cheap on sundays brings them down to their "real" value (based on what you say Aren)

again, i was simply trying to offer help/a link to someone who may want it. no i was not joking, and no this is not a scam. its a way to get a watch one may like really cheap. just leave it at that dude.

Edited by mikemcnair

MikeMcNair

i LOVE the blue face with the brown strap, it is a PERFECT combo in my opinion!!!!

and if you want one, ship it to my house and i'll ship it to you. piece of cake.

I so want this http://cgi.ebay.com/Invicta-Force-Master-S...=item43a50a434c

but but but, shipping only in US, but one day, ONE day I will have it, and it will look awesome !

misc012l.jpg

DarkGlass

+1 with Aren Mike, they look nice but are pants a bit like Alpha watches don't believe the hype...................

MikeMcNair
+1 with Aren Mike, they look nice but are pants a bit like Alpha watches don't believe the hype...................

word, but we spend all this loot on fake pieces that could break at any second, what's the difference with the invictas? sounds to me they might as well be reps (in that regard)

greg_r

Aren, you're being a bit harsh imho. Yes, Invicta have produced some real junk but there are some better watches in amongst them too. None of them are exactly of Rolex quality, but then the same goes for most cheaper gen watches...

DarkGlass

word, but we spend all this loot on fake pieces that could break at any second, what's the difference with the invictas? sounds to me they might as well be reps (in that regard)

Correct

Having had Alpha's Invicta's and Reps I'll stick to Reps from trusted dealers

MikeMcNair

no prob, i just wanted to throw this out there incase anyone was interested. wasnt looking for a flame fest. not was i attesting to the quality of the watches, as i have never owned an Invicta.

this was simply for the benefit of the forum.

DarkGlass
no prob, i just wanted to throw this out there incase anyone was interested. wasnt looking for a flame fest. not was i attesting to the quality of the watches, as i have never owned an Invicta.

this was simply for the benefit of the forum.

Apologies if it came across as that, I was just trying to give you the benefit of my experience :beer2:

Aren

Hi Mike,

I am not flaming...just my opinion. I am not trying to be harsh either.

I have had the opportunity to inspect dozens of these watches closely.

I also know that my brother ends up sending half of them back due to problems.

I am sure they have their appreciators.

These are TV sales watches in the USA at shop NBC. That alone is very telling.

You can get these watches anywhere here, so look at Amazon and Overstock.

The Invicta lovers even have their own web forum...run and moderated, of course by NBC's Jim Skelton (?). I wish HD was here, he had the best info, but I didn't hold onto it.

My brother just got another one yesterday.

I only suggest that anyone wanting one, do alot of research first and speak to someone knowledgeable about Invicta (like HD) before diving into these watches.

I wouldn't want to see anyone else taken like my brother has been.

Half of his watches get sent back for defects.

At least read some of the complaints.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/...ta-c348891.html

I am not flaming. I am trying to help here.

IMO, Whatever provenance these watches had was destroyed when Invicta was taken over by a US company. Also, if you don't buy from the company, what will happen when they break? Mike, I don't know what you would do if people you help get these watches are then unhappy. Your intentions are wonderful, but I think the fallout could be a recipe for disaster for you. JMO

These watches are available in the UK.

If you guys like them, then go for them, but like anything else...research first.

Good luck. :beer2:

MikeMcNair

word, i appreciate the clarification. should someone buy one, and not be happy, i assume NO RESPONSIBILITY for their purchase. to suggest that i would somehow be liable is ludicrous. (not saying you are, just saying if someone blamed me for a bad purchase they are nuts. :beer2: )

but again, thanks for the info, i was just trying to help also.

trailboss99
Also, if you don't buy from the company, what will happen when they break?

That website is run by Invicta Aren, you are buying from the company and at 150 bucks some of them would be a great buy.

Col

Aren

Mike,

I apologize if anything I have written has come across as flaming. I am just horrified at my brother's experiences. He could buy nice reps for the money he spends just sending these watches back. They don't repair them, they just send him another one. The thing that keeps him going back is that he gets intermittent reinforcement (like gambling) when he gets one that keeps running and he really likes it. He also likes to be able to make payments on his CCs.

I know you have the best interests of the rep community in mind. I know you are coming from the spirit of generosity. I also know that some of his watches seem to be nice, but those are only a few. My brother is always playing watch roulette with these watches. I am just relaying these experiences. It is in no way an attack upon you, or your good intentions. I applaud those intentions. I really do. Please believe that my intentions here are no less then your own.

I would be afraid for you in trying to help others that you would end up with unhappy buyers and have no where to turn.

Let there be no doubt that I have a personal bias against these watches, but it is not without reason.

Again, I apologize if my opinion offends, but it is my opinion of these watches, having nothing to do personally with anyone.

All the Best everyone. :beer2:

Arenaria

Edit: Col. I was using the word "company" in a general sense, someone who warrantees the purchases, as opposed to an individual selling them.

MikeMcNair

thanks aren, i appreciate the clarification once again.

some of them look cool. some of them look like garbage. i dont know if i would buy one, but i will definitely follow it to see what the deals are.

AllergyDoc

I have some Invictas:

3317703031_868f3ee805_o.jpg

MikeMcNair

dam, they look just like rolex watches.

Baldrick
he got it for 140 UDS!!

Wot?, they paid him $140 to wear that POS, he shoulda demanded double :blink:

SteveA

Are we talking stolen watches here ? I dont really understand the concept,if they are that good why would they sell so cheap are they just not homage watches by another name.By the way they look pretty cheap to me.

GC

Take it from me, i used to collect Invicta watches, I was also a very respected member of their forum Watchgeeks.net. I bought into the hype at a time before i found reps, i was addicted to the TV presentations and their sales/style tactics. Luckily even at my peak of collecting i only owned about a half dozen watches.

Invicta is what you would call a TV BRAND, yes also sold in some stores as a discount brand (very few) only so they can advertise a Retail Price, which in all honesty are absolutely NOT realistic. Their past marketing tactics, IMO slightly shady i.e. labeling watches as Swiss Made or Swiss Movts which were in fact NOT Swiss Made but only used Swiss Parts Movts and were produced in Asia has left a lot of collectors with a bad taste.

My advice: If you like the watch for it's looks search online first and also visit the shopNBC.com website as that is their base sales outlet and where they release their newest models first. Also the invicta sunday run is a great op to get heavily discounted prices direct from Invicta. What you get is a good watch, sometimes a very good watch with a very good ETA movt, interesting designs most 45mm and up, and a fashion accessory.

What these watches do not have is heritage or prestige nor are they taken serious by any true watch collectors apart from their base of collectors and kool-aid drinking followers (of which i was one).

Having said that our reps also have no heritage or prestige nor are they taken serious by any collectors other than us.

All in all: an invicta or a rep is the same in my book, but with a Rep i get the exact aesthetic i'm going for and not a homage or inspired look. Neither of the two have any true value apart from what people will pay for them. But i guess you caould also say that about anything that has a price tag.