Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

SUPER DEALS on Gen INVICTA watches....

MikeMcNair
Also the invicta sunday run is a great op to get heavily discounted prices direct from Invicta. What you get is a good watch, sometimes a very good watch with a very good ETA movt, interesting designs most 45mm and up, and a fashion accessory.

which is PRECISELY why i posted this thread. thanx

randy3y

You can also get Invicta deals here:

http://invicta.chronoshark.com/

I have a few - similar to Doc's pics. I have not worn them - still in the box and a few other brands still in the box. Hey I am a watch junky - I need to be in the 12 step watch program.

Or other brands here:

http://www.chronoshark.com/

The occasional good deal on a nice Seiko.

The is a list of other watch daily - weekly deals that are out there on this site:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=1610

powderfreak

Thx mike for posting this, it's a shame they don't let us (europeans;)) take part in that sunday run! Seems as if you guys over there have a lot more of these shops (like the ones randy postet).

Cheers

MikeMcNair
Thx mike for posting this, it's a shame they don't let us (europeans;)) take part in that sunday run! Seems as if you guys over there have a lot more of these shops (like the ones randy postet).

Cheers

if you want one, order it and ship it to me, and i'll ship it to you. its really not a big deal. if you guys see something you want, let me know, i'd be glad to help

AllergyDoc
I have a few - similar to Doc's pics. I have not worn them - still in the box

I wore the heck out of that gold one. It was my first auto. Thought I was hot stuff! :(

The black one is great and in high demand from collectors. It has a gen ETA. I'd sell it but it needs a service first. Hardly ever wore the Grand Diver. Date mag was funky and I hated the look. Don't wear any of them anymore. Reps are better.

PGL

That should be cool... I have three INVICTAs and I must say I am really happy with them. They look terrific and work precisely... As of right now, to me, it is a very good value for the money kind of brand.

Baldrick
Having said that our reps also have no heritage or prestige nor are they taken serious by any collectors other than us.

You've obviously never owned a nice little saucy VDB number then have you, more fool you :(

As GC said:

Invicta are nothing more than a 'fashion house' brand, they have no cachet,no credit in real horological circles, they plagiarise whatever is new in the market-place, they've brought Rolex copies, TAG copies, Bell & Ross copies, Omega copies, they're a dishonest company, stealing other companies designs and presenting them as their own, their marketing campaigns are aimed at un-educated buyers who know very little about watches and are simply looking for a good design ( which the ripped-off brands have already provided), and a great price, inflating the RRP of a watch and then sloughing it backwards like a snake sheds it's skin to a more acceptable "stolen" or " boosted" price appeals to the gullible and ill-informed.

I find the attitude of Chinese rep factories more honest, at least they are blatantly copying luxury items, not hiding behind the cloak of legitimacy, still, it brings a smile to my face when I see someone wearing one of their copiy series,, but that's just my elitist side surfacing, albeit not often, they've had some reasonable looking designs as well, Lupah Dragon, Grand Lupah, Ocean Ghost, if they had stayed on that track, p'raps they might have achieved some credibility.

GC
...they're a dishonest company...

Baldy, more so than you know. While a member of WatchGeeks.net (invicta's marketing tool disguised as a watch forum), i took part in a photo contest where the winning prize was to do a sneak peak photo shoot of a pre-release watch and also the watch itself. Well out of circa 500 entrants I won the contest! I'll post the winning photo below... sounds great right? well all apart for the fact that after circa two years i have yet to receive any prize...and after many talks with the owner of WatchGeeks (which is also the TV host/salesperson for Invicta, Jim Skelton) i have been told "sorry we did all we could".

:)

The photo i won the contest with...

IMG_1494-1.jpg

Baldrick

A plagiarised B&R, I know a lot about Invicta, I've watched them since their inception, I collected for many years ( mid 80's), International WristWatch magazine or as it was more widely know Orologi da Polso, they've done many features and exposes on Invicta and their dishonesty.

Invicta are a US based, entirely profit driven entity, they took over an old historic company name and have been squandering it's heritage willy-nilly, the elitist within me looks upon it with disdain and as you put it, the "Kool-Aid" drinkers who follow / wear them, if I were sitting on a plane and spotted the guy next to me wearing one, I'd be hard-pressed to engage him in a chat, if I were sitting next to someone wearing a fake 'whatever', I'd at least enjoy a chat with him, 'nuff sed :)

gB.

Informative thread. I've always seen the Invicta brand everywhere, but never liked it much or knew anything about it. I learned something new today regarding the history and background. Thanks RWG! :)

gB.

"Movement: Professional Swiss Chronograph"

So what exactly is that? Automatic or quartz...?

Just shows how ridiculous these are that a gold plated watch would really retail for $1,395... :D

MikeMcNair

i look at it as buying a rep, they are not the best, but they are not the worst. you could do a LOT worse for 110 bucks.

gB.
i look at it as buying a rep, they are not the best, but they are not the worst. you could do a LOT worse for 110 bucks.

True, but I don't throw $110 around blindly without even knowing what kind of movement I'm getting, even for a rep. :lol:

My comment was directed more at how ridiculous they are to say this really has an MSRP of $1,395... :thumbsup2: Maybe some people really do fall for it and think they are getting a $1.4k watch for 100 bucks. To each his own I guess. :D

MikeMcNair

totally true.

again, i posted this with the hopes that one person would find it useful, wasnt meant to start a fight of any sorts.

hell, i even cleared it with Greg_r before posting. wasnt trying to start a flamefest.

gB.
totally true.

again, i posted this with the hopes that one person would find it useful, wasnt meant to start a fight of any sorts.

hell, i even cleared it with Greg_r before posting. wasnt trying to start a flamefest.

Understood, just commenting on how silly it seems. Not starting a flamefest, as I see that has already started and completed earlier on this thread... :D

Carry on. :lol:

Aren
here is todays deal....

1300 retail

110 sale price for today

not my taste, but not a bad deal.

http://www.invictasundayrun.com/featured/today

6314.png

Mike, this looks like it should be moved to the members sales thread? :D

It would also get the attention then of members looking to buy.

All the Best,

gB.
Mike, this looks like it should be moved to the members sales thread? :D

It would also get the attention then of members looking to buy.

All the Best,

:lol: He's not actually selling this, just informational post... :thumbsup2:

MikeMcNair

yeah Aren, i have nothign to do with invicta or its sales, i was just throowing it up here for others to see after a dude at the airport told me about it.

greg_r

No, Aren. This thread is fine just where it is.

The member sales area is ONLY for members selling used watches, which this clearly isn't. Mike is just sharing the info of an offer that Invicta currently have (on a fairly fugly watch, but what the hell :lol: ). :rofl:

MikeMcNair

lol, @ "fugly". agreed on the most part, but some aren't that bad.

greg_r
lol, @ "fugly". agreed on the most part, but some aren't that bad.

Agreed ;)

dave47
totally true.

Mike:

That may not have been your intent, but you did start one; and it's insulting, too. I have eight (8) of them, collecting them since '07, and they're run like a jewel. Mine have been rugged, water tight, and look damned nice, too. The only problem I've had with Invicta has been with their customer service, which stinks. People may not like them -- that's their opinion. I don't like Pams or IWCs, but I'm not going to trash them because other forum members like them. You can offer a critique; just be careful with your word selection!

dave

MikeMcNair
Mike:

That may not have been your intent, but you did start one; and it's insulting, too.

dave

what the fuck are you talking about? i didnt start shit, i simply posted a link to somethign i thought a WATCH COMMUNITY would like. sheesh.

greg_r
totally true.

Mike:

That may not have been your intent, but you did start one; and it's insulting, too. I have eight (8) of them, collecting them since '07, and they're run like a jewel. Mine have been rugged, water tight, and look damned nice, too. The only problem I've had with Invicta has been with their customer service, which stinks. People may not like them -- that's their opinion. I don't like Pams or IWCs, but I'm not going to trash them because other forum members like them. You can offer a critique; just be careful with your word selection!

dave

Dave: you owe Mike an apology. He was not the one who started criticising Invictas - he simply posted a link to a good deal. Others here dislike Invictas, but that is their problem, not Mike's and not yours. Read the thread before you start giving folks a hard time.