Ishmael

Rolex GMT-Master 6542 "Pan Am" - A Rep Saga

Mr. Genesis

Beautiful! I've always preferred the Pepsi on white dial :)

Abe Fromen

So curious, because this is on my long list of things 'to do'.. what was the approximate cost of this? IIRC Yuki charges ~US$1000 for the case, dial, insert, correct? then what?

Lorenove06

Ish, Vintage Rolex Jedi.

Jase, Master Artist Modder.

Thanks guys for inspiration and sharing.

jdog
Awesome work as usual Jase!

As difficult as that build was, perhaps it is comforting for the membership to know that gen builds can often be just as frustrating. Good job sticking with it and getting it done.

I suspect you are going to be getting a lot of pm's for high end builds!

Thanks Jim. I'd like to call it a labor of love, but this one was an evil mistress at best.

So curious, because this is on my long list of things 'to do'.. what was the approximate cost of this? IIRC Yuki charges ~US$1000 for the case, dial, insert, correct? then what?

His insert and dial are junk. Best to get those elsewhere. To do it right, you're looking at least $1500 in parts.

Ish, Vintage Rolex Jedi.

Jase, Master Artist Modder.

Thanks guys for inspiration and sharing.

Appreciate that buddy :)

Edited by jdog

Ishmael

That's about right, but with mine the dial and insert aren't Yuki - just the case/bezel/case back, and that was $800. Piecing together the rest of the parts is what makes the difference, as there are plenty of options. For example, I was in a bidding war for the insert on the Bay, but maybe you find a cheaper option somewhere else. Then you either have to know what you're doing to put it all together (because it's not like the pieces just snap together - a lot of work is required to get the right fit), or you pay someone to do it. All told, you'll be looking closer to $2k when its all said and done.

Abe Fromen

That's about right, but with mine the dial and insert aren't Yuki - just the case/bezel/case back, and that was $800. Piecing together the rest of the parts is what makes the difference, as there are plenty of options. For example, I was in a bidding war for the insert on the Bay, but maybe you find a cheaper option somewhere else. Then you either have to know what you're doing to put it all together (because it's not like the pieces just snap together - a lot of work is required to get the right fit), or you pay someone to do it. All told, you'll be looking closer to $2k when its all said and done.

Thanks... these builds are pretty crazy and you rarely get out of them what you put into them if you sell. But wow, gorgeous outcome!

Jase helped me (among others) in my blue snowflake build from hell. Took over a year to iron everything out, but happy with the outcome, some $800 later. lol

GC

artigianale!!! Stunning results!

UmpaHimself

lKCfENQ.gif

God damn! That's one hell of a build Ish & Co. What's next on the list?! :lmao:

His insert and dial are junk. Best to get those elsewhere. To do it right, you're looking at least $1500 in parts.

First of all, amazing work my friend. Just stunning. All the aging is so appropriate and realistic. I am very impressed.

To the sausage king, there is no number that can truly express how complex these builds are. Besides getting someone to put it all together for you, the parts must be sourced first. And before you can even buy the parts, you have to find them. So there are countless hours spent doing research before you even get to open your wallet. Then you have to hope the parts you have found are available, or hope the seller is still in the business. I can't tell you how many times I have come across threads listing the parts I need, only to find out that the person sourcing these parts is MIA, and you are stuck repeating the research all over. Let's just say your heart really must be in it, or else you will give up quickly. Building the first vintage franken is one of the most confusing, and least straight forward projects I have ever attempted.

nunu78

Love it, amazing built.

James.

Congratulations on having the perseverance and fortitude to make it all worthwhile. Fantastic looking build, there's replicas and then there's these, comprised of as much blood sweat and tears as physical components.

Ishmael

there is no number that can truly express how complex these builds are. Let's just say your heart really must be in it, or else you will give up quickly. Building the first vintage franken is one of the most confusing, and least straight forward projects I have ever attempted.

Congratulations on having the perseverance and fortitude to make it all worthwhile. Fantastic looking build, there's replicas and then there's these, comprised of as much blood sweat and tears as physical components.

You boys nailed it. Not easy at all. Thanks for the kind words!

vaquerito

Love the passion! Thanks for sharing.

shaneaubrey13

Amazing!

_DC_
Amazing!

Everyone can see what you're doing shaneaubrey13, expect a significant reduction in post count if it continues!

DC

andyboy

Amazing!

If you are trying to postwhore your way to seller status then think again.

We is watching :ninja:

MetalMickey

Amazing!

If you are trying to postwhore your way to seller status then think again.

We is watching :ninja:

There is no escape: :heli:

Sakurai

For once I'm thankful to a post-chaser bumping a thread. Had missed this build, and it's just a fantastic end result you guys have achieved. Truly spectacular!

Evan_k

bammosauce! wow that's inspiring. Thank you for this story.