Newbie17

Tudor North Flag Review

Newbie17

So here is a pre-Easter teaser review. I will do a more thorough review with more pictures soon, but as I just received this back, figured I'd post a few.

This is currently the best (there are 2 types) of Tudor North Flag I could find. Both are only available on AliExpress (no links currently available) This one has the "most correct dial. If you compare to gen, you notice that the hour markers at 3 and 9 are absent on the Gen. Also, the date window and power reserve dial are "almost correct, but should be closer to the outer edge of the dial. This model also has an incorrect crown, but maybe someday I'll source a proper one. This version only comes on the yellow stitched strap, but I took the photo with a black bay bracelet. As you might notice, that bracelet is a great look, but with the North Flag's integrated lugs, there is space left on the bracelet. Guess I'll have to source a proper bracelet too. Someday... The better of the two versions also only comes with the bezel PVD'd, so I sent this out to have the bezel removed and the PVD removed to give a "slightly" closer to gen look. The gen uses a 2 stage bezel with ceramic in the middle and steel on the face. Pretty cool, but hard to replicate I'm sure. As such, I prefer the steel look. Now that it's back on my wrist, I must say it does LOOK really sweet. The power reserve on this model was simply tied to the hour hands and effectively became a 24hr dial. While it was out for the bezel, I had the hand frozen as well. All in all, this is the most "accurate" North Flag rep you can get at the moment...they even had the open caseback with a correct Tudor Rotor and moderately close movement decoration. Here are a few late night pics...will post more soon.

16B530A5-0BC6-4175-94FC-6DEE3BFDB7AB.jpg

C7602992-9D0C-42BC-90F0-70A36C4D5DE2.jpg

thorn697

How was the quality of the strap? I ordered one of these a few weeks ago, but still haven't gotten a tracking number and the seller got removed. Probably going to have to request a refund soon..

Newbie17

Strap is much better than normal rep junk. Very gen like (as I've had both strap and bracelet on my wrist)

glutaman

Any idea where this can be found? Nothing on aliexpress at the moment.