Sign in to follow this  
KinCaidk

2 new additions to my collection.

KinCaidk

So, after having a minor fight with danish customs and having to pay them additional 70$ to clear my watches, I recieved my SMP and my Tudor Hydronaut (and a Seamaster blue dupont pen).

Actually the Tudor already became my favorite. It was just meant as a daily beater, but this watch is stunning IMO.

The SMP however is a classic. nice and heavy, strong lume on the hands and pearl, very well made clasp, correct HE valve.

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

trailboss99

Yep, the Tudor I like a lot!

Who from and how was the service?

Col.

greg_r

Love the Hydronaut - a bit more interesting than a Rollie Sub imho. Glad you finally got the watches!

KinCaidk

Col.

Maybe I should keep that to myself. He doesn't seem to be very popular in here :)

greg_r

Col.

Maybe I should keep that to myself. He doesn't seem to be very popular in here :)

Let me guess: Silix, Paul or possibly Flakey...

;)

Whoever it is, glad to hear you got your watches finally. Don't worry about saying where you got them from - whilst they may not be _our_ preferred dealers, my feeling is that information on all dealers can be valuable when we're making up our minds. Hell, I'd be the last to condemn anybody's choice of dealer, given that I've bought two watches from TTK! :D

KinCaidk

I bought them from Fakey. And I must say, that he has been awesome to deal with. He even sent me the Dupont pen along with the watches before I had paid for it.

greg_r
I bought them from Fakey. And I must say, that he has been awesome to deal with. He even sent me the Dupont pen along with the watches before I had paid for it.

Cool. I may have quite a few problems with Fakey due to his behaviour here, on RWG1 and because of some of the nonsense he spouts, but I've heard a lot of good things about him as a dealer. Worth knowing, thanks! :)

oscarmadfish

i like the omega and full marks to fakey

KinCaidk

Another pic :)

I am sorry about the crappy pics.. But I am not a photogeek.. I just like watches ;):D

IMAG0048.jpg

KinCaidk

Actually. The more I look at the Seamaster, the more it annoys me with the incorrect pearl. I think I'll have to get another insert.

Anyone who knows where to get one?

GEN:

cat57.jpg

MINE:

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

trailboss99

Whatever anyone thinks of Fakey as a person I am yet to hear one single complaint about his watches. Honestly, not one. There is no other dealer I can think off to whome that applies. Think I may have to ask him about a Tudor when I'm in a position to buy again.

BTW, have you seen the new M series Noobfactory Sub from D4M? Best CGs I have ever seen and $69! The only grumble is that the rolexrolexrolex engraving is off line with the markers. Can't realy see it on the wrist tho.

Have a look HERE

See Fakey, told ya real Noobs were still out there! :)

Col.

EDIT: Mate, that pearl bothers you???? Sheeeesh!

KinCaidk

I can live with the pearl :)

But maybe I will upgrade the movement to a DG4813, to get a smoother seconds hand.

IMO Fakey is a great dealer, and quite patient too ;)

greg_r

But maybe I will upgrade the movement to a DG4813, to get a smoother seconds hand.

LOL - it's a disease, I tell ya ;)

KinCaidk

LOL - it's a disease, I tell ya ;)

Tell me about it! :D

bene3

you have two fantastic watches, the Tudor really looks ace.

alphakazi

great watches KinCaidk - I'd worry more about the pearl over the bph - it almost unnoticeable, you can see the diff. but it would only be you that noticed

KinCaidk
great watches KinCaidk - I'd worry more about the pearl over the bph - it almost unnoticeable, you can see the diff. but it would only be you that noticed

Maybe :bugger off: But it would be almost perfect if I could replace the insert (pearl) and the movement.

Anyone who know where I can get an insert?