Sign in to follow this  
Aren

Ebay Auction - Can you Help Me Please

Baldrick
I might re-phrase that to "Married foreigner's don't often move to Pattaya".

Can you find fault with that? I'm sure you can.

You asked, I answered !

"Often" is the key word, I think in general they move only once, import taxes are crushing here :)

That's were I'd want to go if I was divorced or otherwise single.

I think it's prolly where you'd like to go, divorced, single or married, :P

KBH

Alright I'll try one last time to be a little more specific.

Happily married heterosexual couples from either Scotland or the US would not normally move to Pattaya, Thailand, which is well known to be the one of most sexually promiscuous cities in the world where sex trafficking is the number one industry.

Whether you are either normal or married still needs to be decided. Only you can answer that, I suppose.

Fiddo
it's a Gen...how do i know? Because no one is going to Rep a ladies 1970's Omega of which there are a plethora

Look around a little more Aren, you may find one in better condition. That one looks a little rough.

Aren

Well, I see now that this watch has several bids and 4 days left.

Also, the problem with Ebay is there are no wrist photos.

I should probably stay with men's watches, but it would be nice to have a ladies watch.

I just need to be able to see the dial. I have tiny watches from years ago, but I can't see the dials, let alone the hands.

Most of the ladies watches I have seen are garish IMO.

I don't like alot of bling and so the seamaster looks more subtle to me.

I don't want lots of false diamonds and metal. I like simple.

I just thought this watch looked nice, but even it may be too small.

I would like to see what you guys get for your sweeties for St. Valentine's Day.

So, if your lucky lass is getting a lovely watch, I hope you will share it here.

I appreciate all of your help. I will still look for a response from this seller,

but he will probably sell this watch for $300+ whether he opens it or not.

I looked at his history and feedbacks.

You are all always helpful.

Thanks guys. :)

Baldrick

:)

I like specifics Kibee, but what about 'happily married' homosexual couples, from either Scotland or the US, you're marginalising them are you not ? :P

Aren

Well, the seller managed to torque the case back off and posted two photos.

He also wrote this:

I have had several bidders ask about this watch's movement so I added pictures of the Omega 17 Jewel Cal. 630(?) movement. Serial # 27,415,633 dates the watch to 1969. Hope these pictures help you with the bidding.

:) Gee...I wonder who else wanted to see the movement??? :rofl:

This isn't the movement Scope mentioned, but it certainly looks gen. to me.

I will keep this on my Ebay watch list and see where the bidding goes.

Thanks again Guys.

Slim

Glad you got what you wanted but to be honest, if I was selling a watch on eBay (and I've only sold a couple) I wouldn't take off the caseback on request. It's reasonable to ask, it's not reasonable to insist imo.

Aren
Glad you got what you wanted but to be honest, if I was selling a watch on eBay (and I've only sold a couple) I wouldn't take off the caseback on request. It's reasonable to ask, it's not reasonable to insist imo.

Hi Slim,

I didn't insist, nor would I. This is an Ebay vintage watch dealer. This trader has sold thousands of watches, not just a couple. It isn't like he didn't know how to take the case back off. I wouldn't expect an individual seller to remove the case back. This gent is a dealer. He takes the case backs off routinely for almost all of the watches he sells. If he couldn't get it off, then I surely would not have been able to do it.

If he didn't know what was inside, how could he know if it was gen? He didn't even know if it was automatic or not. The next watch I get, I want it to be an automatic, so it was helpful. I wouldn't buy a house if I couldn't look inside and I wouldn't buy a car if I couldn't look under the hood. It is the same idea, just different scale.

That is why I wanted to know if I was being unreasonable.

I didn't expect the members here to get him to remove the case back through requests.

I am glad he opened it, but I now feel, from all that I have read that Ebay auctions are not a good place for me to purchase watches. The problem I find is that I don't see many ladies reps, and the ones I have seen are too showy for my taste. I think now I need to look for a small, thin, plain automatic men's rep watch.

Thanks for your reply. :gday_mate_haveabeer:

All the Best,

Aren