Sign in to follow this  
Mazz

Strange noise

Mazz

Long time admirer first time buyer. With more on order I think I am becoming a Pam head.

I just bought a 288 from Mary. Ok I just read the thread on movements by Greg_R that says it's not a good idea to hand-wind the 7750 movement. Unfortunatly I hand-wound the movement, when I did it sounded like something was hitting the case back. The crown dosnt wobble when it's up and the watch keeps good time.

So what's this noise is it normal? Never heard it on any of my other watches but this is my first 7750. Is the movement loose?

Thanks in advance guys.

Silverspeed

If the sound only appeared when you wound the watch, and not while it was normally running or on the wrist it was probably just the winding gears you heard, or the rotor spinning while you were winding it.

If you hear the same sound when you wear or gently shake the watch it's most likely the rotor touching the inside of the caseback. In that case you need to remove the caseback and check if the rotor is propperly mounted. Don't screw the rotor screw too tight, if it's too tight the rotor will not be able to wind the mainspring and you'll have a very low power reserve.

The problem you described is quit common for the A7750 and 9 out of 10 times it's just a matter of a loose rotor screw.

Mazz

There is a similar noise when I shake the watch so i will try to tighten the rotor and see if that helps. Thanks for the help Silver

Member X

Just be careful and don't use brute force! :popcorn: