gceaves

Aquanaut, Aquanaut, Aquanaut...

nivka
Love me some aquanaut. I've got the V6F with blue dial (fantasy model) and love it. So much in fact I'm thinking of getting it in black too.

It seems the consensus is that V6F with the sw200 is the way to go. Toro has the V6F with either sw200 or the ETA clone. Is the only aesthetic difference the dwo font?

I love the dial and case and everything about the V6F version, but I'd prefer to save $200 and get the clone if the differences are minimal.

Many thanks

@godfather please

nivka

@godfathar I'd appreciate you sage advice please

umirza85

How is the blue dial vs the black dial in comparison to their respective gen dials for the V6F?

Also on Toros site he lists the sw200 as "Swiss Gen" does this mean its just a proper swiss movement or that this movement also replicates the gen movement?

Edited by umirza85

nivka

How is the blue dial vs the black dial in comparison to their respective gen dials for the V6F?

Also on Toros site he lists the sw200 as "Swiss Gen" does this mean its just a proper swiss movement or that this movement also replicates the gen movement?

PP only announced the blue dial at basel world last month. It comes in a 42 wg case instead of the typical 40mm ss case of the black and brown dial version. The blue dial is also slightly lighter and has more green than the gen, which is a midnight blue

AFAIK toro's 'swiss gen' is the sw200, which is a proper swiss movement

Edited by nivka

DoesNotExist

How is the metal bracelet on the aquanaut.......I had the best gen swiss nautilus at the time, and the bracelet pulled my arm hair like an epilator!

Bracelet is quite confortable for me

Here is my wristie with the SW200 version of V6F

o1UYkUi.jpg

jeffoun

Just got the aquanaut jumbo BP v3 from mary. Happy with it but looking forward for comments from experts :-)

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

Edited by jeffoun

Majwilliams0308

Just got the aquanaut jumbo BP v3 from mary. Happy with it but looking forward for comments from experts :-)

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

It's only slightly thicker, and the date font is slightly off, but the dial looks really good in your photos!

raspymcnasty

has anyone any information regarding a replica from dgate from MK Factory? it says "swiss made" at the bottom unlike the BP reps

Benjah88

Love this thread! I too love my BP Aquanaut. My only issue is that the watch is a little loose on me and i fear cutting the rubber strap a little more and it becoming too tight since it's irreversible.

I now want a Gold/brown nautilus.  Anyone here have a recommendation?? id also love to buy a nicer strap since rep leather straps are so awful (another benefit to the Aquanaut coming with a rubber strap. it looks great). 

Edited by Benjah88

Godfathar
On 4/8/2017 at 01:04, nivka said:

@godfather please

I am so sorry.. I just saw this... no it's not only the DW font. it's the lume on the numbers as well.. but knowing that this is way too late.. and you have already sorted it out, I thought I just put this for others to read.. 

Benjah88

BP factory Aquanaut 

ENT9n1o.jpg

Berger

Should the BP Aquanaut with Miyota 9105 be on a super-rep or Not Worth Buying in Gen list??  It seems REALLY good... I got a 5164A Aquanaut Home Time from China Tim aka Fat Panda a few weeks ago, wanting an Aquanaut but not having done the research on them.  The proportions are off but it's a very sound watch, well-made, sturdy, etc.  Just not close to that elusive 1:1 ratio... this looks amazing, I think I'm going to grab one next month.  

Rod
On 16/1/2018 at 22:21, Berger said:

Should the BP Aquanaut with Miyota 9105 be on a super-rep or Not Worth Buying in Gen list??  It seems REALLY good... I got a 5164A Aquanaut Home Time from China Tim aka Fat Panda a few weeks ago, wanting an Aquanaut but not having done the research on them.  The proportions are off but it's a very sound watch, well-made, sturdy, etc.  Just not close to that elusive 1:1 ratio... this looks amazing, I think I'm going to grab one next month.  

Can you please post a few pictures of the 5164? How much did you pay for it?