Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Replica repairs / mods in the UK

Slim

I have an indifferent Daytona replica, which I think I've posted a photo of somewhere on this site, that needs some attention.

Specifically, the hour hand sticks against one of the subdial hands when the subdial hand in question is pointing in a particular direction, and stops there. I'm sure that must be fixable.

Additionally, I'd like (if possible) to freeze the (central) second hand at 12, so it looks like the real deal without the chrono running.

I would be happy to approach Brightlight for a quote for this job, but he's not taking on new work right now, as he announced in his section.

So does anyone know of someone able to do this work on a replica who's based in the UK?

gianton

Aris911 can do this, he is based in Greece so no problems with customs.

Miracle

Same mate need to find someone in the uk for service and mods

Slim
Aris911 can do this, he is based in Greece so no problems with customs.

Thanks, but I would hope that there someone a bit closer than Greece who can handle this sort of thing ;)

Akira

Not in the UK, but Domi and Finedd are both ecxellent for repairs and mods,

based in Germany.

Wiz
Not in the UK, but Domi and Finedd are both ecxellent for repairs and mods,

based in Germany.

+1000

To Germany your watch you must send :wanker:

Domi is not some kind of Mr. Fix-it, he is a real watchmaker, one who graduated from a real watch school and who has been running his own shop for years. You can't go wrong sending him your watch.

greg_r

Aris911 has also been a full-time watchmaker for many years. I know Greece seems a long way away, but once it's in the mail, what's the difference?

Wiz
Aris911 has also been a full-time watchmaker for many years.

Also very nice to have him around, real watchmakers are rare in the rep world! :)

greg_r

quite! :)

Slim
Aris911 has also been a full-time watchmaker for many years. I know Greece seems a long way away, but once it's in the mail, what's the difference?

Off the top of my head: time taken to post both ways, risk of loss, currency exchange charges. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

ImWatchingYOU

Have you talked with brightlight, he is UK based and might be able to help :)

Wiz
Have you talked with brightlight, he is UK based and might be able to help :)

I would be happy to approach Brightlight for a quote for this job, but he's not taking on new work right now, as he announced in his section.

Wiz

Off the top of my head: time taken to post both ways, risk of loss, currency exchange charges. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

These issues are inherent in any rep buying, if you can't get used to them it might ends up being really frustrating.

For example, what if you want to get a crystal AR treated? You'll have no choice but sending the watch abroad.

Slim

Yes, but firstly: I'm not buying a rep here, I just want some attention to one I already have. I have bought replicas from abroad, since there's a lot more choice that way.

Secondly, I don't need to have a crystal AR-treated, although I'm surprised that no-one in the UK can do that. Grateful for the replies, I might well ask Aris911 if I can't find a repairer in the UK.