Sign in to follow this  
Sifu Whitey

A quick newbie hello.

Sifu Whitey

I just wanted to say hello and thanks for allowing me on board. I live in the US and have always been a watch guy... it's the first thing I've always noticed about a person. I'm relatively new to the rep/homage world, but I'm less knowledgeable than green so-to-speak . I've had a handful of reps over the years, some were fantastic and some were garbage, but I bought them for my own enjoyment and never passed anything as gen when it wasn't, and I gladly own my purchase mistakes and I'm here to learn some things so I can be educated in the area. My best & favorite rep so far was a 16613 blue two tone Sub which literally lasted years without any type of service or repair. I'm not sure the type, because I never cracked the case, but it had a super reliable automatic movement, a great sapphire crystal that never marked or damaged, and solid gold hollow center links on the bracelet. I absolutely loved the watch, but I'm ready to explore options in all areas, especially the homage arena. Thanks again for the add to the forum!

fatarms

Welcome :) Martial arts teacher?

Sifu Whitey

Yes, Kenpo Karate. It's been a distraction since 1984. :giggle:

fatarms

Ahhh, a Descendant of Mr. Ed Kealoha Parker. I, too, studied Kenpo here in Cleveland for a little over five years as a teenager. I was a pretty avid baseball player and eventually made it to the minor leagues so baseball overtook my Kenpo time as a youngster. Good to have you aboard here!

Sifu Whitey

Ahhh, a Descendant of Mr. Ed Kealoha Parker. I, too, studied Kenpo here in Cleveland for a little over five years as a teenager. I was a pretty avid baseball player and eventually made it to the minor leagues so baseball overtook my Kenpo time as a youngster. Good to have you aboard here!

Why yes I am, proudly so. Over the years I've lost many a talented student to other mainstream sports and considering the professional salaries, I'm not surprised. Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to be here.

ShovelnTC

Welcome aboard, lots to learn and I think you'll be surprised at the available quality, selection and some prices (eek) of today's Reps and homages.

RussP

Welcome from me too.

You'll be addicted in next to no time at all as you'll soon find out, reps are getting 'better' all the time.

Frazzle

Hey buddy, welcome to the forum, sounds like you know your way around a rep. Have a look around, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised by the variety and quality of watches currently available!

Enjoy!

the_frenchman

Great way to introduce yourself buddy.

This is the place to be if you love watches.

Welcome aboard! ;)

GenTLe

Welcome!

Kenpo here too...

...well, when I was 12 :giggle: