Sign in to follow this  
Chavezzito

When reps get really close to gens

Chavezzito

I just saw this and since I have the gen I though I compare the Omega PO Chrono...just some screenshots and then not so artistic pics of mine with an IPhone...for me this is scary good although date font and text font, correct orange color is not correct it is still damn close.

Post number 15 below is of the BP which is a better rep.

Some pics, rep pics I stole from Toros site:

f17732869aabbf6e6c028fa45c335595.jpg

1f3e66d8781b91725c943eda504e2e42.jpg

32d3b56a2af075278d84e15308414e81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Del

Yes, the rep is very good, although you forgot to mention the semi-faux sub-dial at "3".

The question is my friend, do you wish you hadn't bought the gen....?

:popcorn:

elp

I agree with Del - the watch on the right is so obviously a rep :lol:

Chavezzito

I saw that there is a BP version and a SW version...BP looks better to me.

Yes, the rep is very good, although you forgot to mention the semi-faux sub-dial at "3".

Haha...no, I am still very very very happy with the gen :lol:

James.

Simple solution is just buy gens they dont rep!

Chavezzito

Simple solution is just buy gens they dont rep!

And how do you know that in advance?

I did not write this as a fuckers...stop replicating gens...more like a, hey guys....look how close to the gen without having to pay top dollar.

tonyh7

It's one I can never quite get my head round. Some reps are very gen like. For example I have a Hamilton Ventura rep, my friend has a gen. On the wrist you'd never know the difference. On the other hand when I look in an AD - like a couple of the Omega boutiques round here, the gens do look very good. They just radiate quality. I think you would know immediately on a side by side comparison.

WatchaholicMallorca

If there is something that winds me up about the rep factories it's how they change the numbers on the subdials, even if they are faux why can't the numbers be right? :sad:

I have a RO Chrono and the subdial configuration is something stupid like 24 6 12, instead of 10 20 30 as gen, can some explain why they go through such lengths to get watches closer to gen then flop with the subdials??

Chavezzito

It's one I can never quite get my head round. Some reps are very gen like. For example I have a Hamilton Ventura rep, my friend has a gen. On the wrist you'd never know the difference. On the other hand when I look in an AD - like a couple of the Omega boutiques round here, the gens do look very good. They just radiate quality. I think you would know immediately on a side by side comparison.

Yes...holding them or seeing them side by side you would notice straight away...just the feeling of a gen is different, bracelet is smoother as an example.

Chavezzito

If there is something that winds me up about the rep factories it's how they change the numbers on the subdials, even if they are faux why can't the numbers be right? :sad:

I have a RO Chrono and the subdial configuration is something stupid like 24 6 12, instead of 10 20 30 as gen, can some explain why they go through such lengths to get watches closer to gen then flop with the subdials??

Good catch! But the BP version seems to have the correct numbers http://www.toro888.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128_129&product_id=1209

Del

I saw that there is a BP version and a SW version...BP looks better to me.

Haha...no, I am still very very very happy with the gen :lol:

Good to hear! :thumbsup2:

(I'd be too... ;) )

Testomatic

One day i am sure we'll see super-gens that will be so close to a rep that we won t be able to tell the difference.

Be careful china, the swiss are progressing fast.

GenTLe

Well... Wrong dial @3, fake functions.... I don't find it that scary.

Viceversa a 2014 LMPO limited ed. or a 2015 BPFF or a HFactory Seawolf, or many many Panerai (those without the manifacture movement)...

THOSE are scary for me :)

And also the new Hublot La Ferrari replica is scary. But for the opposite reason :D

Chavezzito

Viceversa a 2014 LMPO limited ed. or a 2015 BPFF or a HFactory Seawolf, or many many Panerai (those without the manifacture movement)...

And also the new Hublot La Ferrari replica is scary. But for the opposite reason :D

Read the entire thread and be sure to check the BP version linked above, still the subdial @3 won´t work as the gen but visually really good.

Chavezzito

BP vs Gen

8a7b9c36fec2c9d41856931666af4924.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenTLe

Read the entire thread and be sure to check the BP version linked above, still the subdial @3 won´t work as the gen but visually really good.

Oh well, that's nice. But fake functions & nearly 400$ is a no-no for me.

raptor1

Good catch! But the BP version seems to have the correct numbers http://www.toro888.c...product_id=1209

But the functions don't work properly on this one?

Chavezzito

Good catch! But the BP version seems to have the correct numbers http://www.toro888.c...product_id=1209

But the functions don't work properly on this one?

Correct

Kleen™

....staying on track with the OP; this has happened to me quite a lot reg. fake tits...until I realised, that I do not honestly give a shit, as long as they feel good, or at least halfway decent, in the palm of my hand...;)

Adezo

I don't think you can call it gen-like at all when ju have such an obvious tell with the sub-dial @3

Kernow
....staying on track with the OP; this has happened to me quite a lot reg. fake tits...until I realised, that I do not honestly give a shit, as long as they feel good, or at least halfway decent, in the palm of my hand...;)

Are they fake tits, or reps of gens?

thedavidrush3

It's funny. I have a few gens (Pam, Breitling, Bell&Ross) and I never really looked close enough at watches to try to determine if someone was wearing a fake or not. It seems to be the "rep crowd" that tends to dissect and dwell on the authenticity of someone's time piece. In other words, people who have the genuines, don't give a shit.

Chavezzito

I don't think you can call it gen-like at all when ju have such an obvious tell with the sub-dial @3

You didn´t read the entire thread either...look at post #15

Chavezzito

....staying on track with the OP; this has happened to me quite a lot reg. fake tits...until I realised, that I do not honestly give a shit, as long as they feel good, or at least halfway decent, in the palm of my hand... ;)

Tit´s is a whole other...I don´t give a fuck of anything once a girl shows them :lol:

onzenuub

....staying on track with the OP; this has happened to me quite a lot reg. fake tits...until I realised, that I do not honestly give a shit, as long as they feel good, or at least halfway decent, in the palm of my hand... ;)

Tit´s is a whole other...I don´t give a fuck of anything once a girl shows them :lol:

Fuck, thought this thread was about watches, rep and gen. It's about BOOBS :fme: