Sign in to follow this  
AlexFelix

DeepSea stopped moving

TRANSPORTER

Yep even a damaged rep can be sold mate, likes I said if it all fails pm me, as for opening the case you can either get the set of Rolex case opening tools or try the sticky ball/ roll of sticky tape method to open her up, the only problem this will entail is when closing the case back up you might struggle getting it right enough to be able to get a good water tight seal ok.

GenTLe

I've never known a balance to slip out of place, that's happened then he has snapped a pivot on the balance staff and will require it to be replaced, he won't be able to do that on his own without a staking set ( trust me they cost a small fortune) and then the experience of working on and around hairsprings. Lifting a jewel from an incabloc again is a thankless task without practice and a good supply of correct sized jewels to replace the one that pings off into never never land never to be found again.

Totally agree.

Op these are wise words.

krag90

Fixed an asian 2892 that way once. Dropped on floor, stopped moving, balance axle out of place, maybe I was lucky.. :)

There are loads of vids on the tube for servicing movements, its hard as hell because of the small size of everything in a watch, but its doable if you have time!

AlexFelix

Yep even a damaged rep can be sold mate, likes I said if it all fails pm me, as for opening the case you can either get the set of Rolex case opening tools or try the sticky ball/ roll of sticky tape method to open her up, the only problem this will entail is when closing the case back up you might struggle getting it right enough to be able to get a good water tight seal ok.

Definitely not a work for me. I really love that watch, is my first one. Sometimes I wear it anyway. But as long as I am here just to find a 5512 I guess I have to start somewhere.

TRANSPORTER

Go for it, you e nothing to lose then, apart from your broken watch to me lol

GenTLe

if you have time!

And decent tools.

And steady hands.

And even tho, the risk to kill the first 2 or 3 movements you start working on is extremely high :)

But if I remember right the OP asked how to open the case, so we are behind the very basic knowledge and therefore if he wants to work on it himself, he seriously need to count that the watch will be dead pretty soon :)

AlexFelix

lol I don't have the time to make it. I'm a fulltime luthier and customer come first to me :)

I don't know how much they go used and damaged (I'm new to this world), but we can talk for sure :)

krag90
if you have time!

And decent tools.

And steady hands.

And even tho, the risk to kill the first 2 or 3 movements you start working on is extremely high :)

But if I remember right the OP asked how to open the case, so we are behind the very basic knowledge and therefore if he wants to work on it himself, he seriously need to count that the watch will be dead pretty soon :)

If we see it as already dead, it wont be any difference. :) And to continue: The patience of Jesus! (And steady hands again, just to be sure they are steady) Seriously, what kind of training is needed to be that steady of hand?!

AlexFelix
if you have time!

And decent tools.

And steady hands.

Bingo :bow:

AlexFelix

Well, I'm a luthier and usually build guitar pedals but I hate work on small things. Plus I did not see very well uber small thing, so..

GenTLe
if you have time!

And decent tools.

And steady hands.

If we see it as already dead, it wont be any difference. :) And to continue: The patience of Jesus! (And steady hands again, just to be sure they are steady) Seriously, what kind of training is needed to be that steady of hand?!

And a perfectly clean workplace, because dust is a movement killer (or a service killer) and because it is hard to find a 1.5mm bit flew away on a not perfectly clean floor (let alone moquette or carpets which are the black hole of all the tiny parts) :D

LightGeek

Luthier. Bad connotations with that name. Never mind.

krag90

Yeah, I'm looking forward to greasing up my 2892 in my kitchen in the coming weeks.. Oh, the agony.

AlexFelix

Ahaha don't tell me, when a screw from a guitar (wich is not so small) fell off, is always a drama to find! :help3:

GenTLe
Well, I'm a luthier and usually build guitar pedals but I hate work on small things. Plus I did not see very well uber small thing, so..

Lovely work capabilities!

There is a member here that sometimes work on other guys watches. He is in UK but, due to late time, I have a memory failure and can't remember his name right now...

Try to contact him (someone will surely tell you his nickname).

EDIT: Rolie is his nick :)

AlexFelix

Had some trouble with a luthier?

GenTLe

Had some trouble with a luthier?

Naa, someone here that did a mess years ago (still didn't manage to get exactly what he did. Probably a custom "RWG watch" was involved). His nick was Luthier.

AlexFelix

Ohh got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Well, need to go now, tons of building are waiting me tomorrow and cnc doesn't work if I'm not there :D

Thanks to all for the nice conversation and I'm really happy to have found a very nice place :)