Sign in to follow this  
TRANSPORTER

Two great members a credit to the forum

TRANSPORTER

Well praise where it's due, first off thanks to Walesy for offering up

His trusty time 45.5 PO at a give away price, but with faults. Then I was pissed cos as I was messaging Walesy ref a payment method he sold it to Splke!!! Talk about a fast typer mate, anyway what's meant to be will be. Well I PM,d splke to plead if I could have it off him if he didn't want it, well a week and abit later I got a message saying it was mine if I wanted as Splke didn't think he could repair it.

I took it off his hands for a fair price and it was in my hands within the week. I noticed Rob Roy had a movement for sale (2836) so I grabbed that from him and the wait was on to find a window of time that I could put aside to start work.

Well today was the day, I was glad I had the spare movement, first off the problems with the watch, stem wouldn't stay in, keyless knackered, date wouldn't change properly. Resetting the keyless wasn't without its problems as the stem release lever had burred it's locating hole, so I had to break out the broaches and cut away the burrs, that sorted that but still the stem would pull out, so I swapped out the lever from the spare movement, still it popped out. I inspected the stem and found that it had two small areas of wear that were allowing it pull past the setting lever.

Stems swapped but another problem, the square of the new stem was too thick to engage the clutch wheel, so I had to swap out the clutch wheel from the spare movement.

Abit of fiddling resetting the keyless once again and on to the recassing of the movement, well only two problems remain, the date seems to want to part change approx 4 hours before it should and it doesn't change on midnight, the latter of the two is just a simple matter of resetting the hands on the date swap, the former will take abit more investigating to solve. The other problem is the strap a tad too tight for my wrist.

This is where the second part of thanks comes, I cheekily messaged both Splke and Walesy to see if either of them had any spare links for the strap, both answered within minutes, Walesy first saying he still had the original links from the bracelet and that he would pop them in the post to me free of charge ( I did offer payment which he refused) top bloke. A quick message to Splke who also was looking for spare links for me to tell him to stand down as Walesy has come up trumps.

So once again this forum and its members have come out on top, huge thanks again to Walesy and Splke, both are a credit to this forum, cheers guys.

onionbag

It's great when a.........um, plan? Comes together.

Well done lads! :thumbsup: