Sign in to follow this  
othniel888

Newbie questions on Homage Gens

othniel888

Anybody have feedback on Swisslegend and/or Invicta brand. How about worldofwatches.com? Thanks

greg_r

Some Invictas are okay, some are fairly crappy. Buy cheap. Swisslegend look similar - ignore the RRPs as they're artificially inflated. These are low-end Chinese-built watches in the main.

othniel888
Some Invictas are okay, some are fairly crappy. Buy cheap. Swisslegend look similar - ignore the RRPs as they're artificially inflated. These are low-end Chinese-built watches in the main.

Thanks for the reply, that's about what I figured. I see a brand called Orient on Amazon that looks better. I'm mainly looking at Submariner/Daytona type homages right now ($100-$200 range). Suggestions??? Thanks

greg_r

Orient make some decent watches - the couple I've had through my hands have been pretty okay.

othniel888
Orient make some decent watches - the couple I've had through my hands have been pretty okay.

Thanks again for the reply. I did a little research on Orient...they are owned by Seiko now...they use Seiko movement in their Quartz designs, but make their own automatic movements in-house.

Member X

Really? That's quite good, assuming they're highbeat movements and not cheapy movements lol

othniel888
Really? That's quite good, assuming they're highbeat movements and not cheapy movements lol

A little further research reveals the Orient automatic is 6bps (like Seiko) instead of 8bps. The Orient is a non-hacking and no manual wind, the newer Seiko is hack/manual wind. Thanks for your replies.

jameo210369

If you like Orient watches try http://www.skywatches.com.sg/ they have a great range at the best prices around and free delivery anywhere in the world.

Sky watches have great feedback on Seiko forums.

jameo210369

Invictashark is only available if you live in America, great prices available though