Sign in to follow this  
boredpanda

First Impression of Patek 5711

adaptive

Nautilus is the first watch I wanted, but i couldn't pull such an expensive piece.

Love the thin profile!

boredpanda

I actually answered him that all TDs have them. And he came back asking me for my favourite TD and a link..

My helpful attitude stopped right there.. :)

Yeah I said much the same thing to him!!

DC

:giggle:

Agreed, that one doesn't "scream" quality to me for some reason.

Concur with that

Still thinking whether to get this PP and reading your thread just makes me wanna get mine ASAP!

Glad that it helped (:

Nautilus is the first watch I wanted, but i couldn't pull such an expensive piece.

Love the thin profile!

Kind of having the same sentiments here mhmm, but I guess I will just enjoy it from time to time.

Go enjoy other pieces first ;)

spindoci

Hi all, been studying about this watch from various forums after reading the first article on it from Godfather @ RWI (same Godfather here?). I like the design of Nautilus, simple, elegant, and timeless. At first I ordered from BP but I understand that they have some issue with the buckle engraving (apparently entire batch is affected) so I switched to MKF v2. Still waiting for reply on the availability. Hope they do better with the quality.

WatchaholicMallorca

Hi all, been studying about this watch from various forums after reading the first article on it from Godfather @ RWI (same Godfather here?). I like the design of Nautilus, simple, elegant, and timeless. At first I ordered from BP but I understand that they have some issue with the buckle engraving (apparently entire batch is affected) so I switched to MKF v2. Still waiting for reply on the availability. Hope they do better with the quality.

I've got a BP Nautilus and it's great, the clasp and deployment is miles better than the RG one I got from MP...

On the MP version the butterfly deployment is stiff on one side, and the actual "hidden" clasp doesnt sit as flush to the bracelet as the BP. But maybe I was just lucky...

boredpanda

I've got a BP Nautilus and it's great, the clasp and deployment is miles better than the RG one I got from MP...

On the MP version the butterfly deployment is stiff on one side, and the actual "hidden" clasp doesnt sit as flush to the bracelet as the BP. But maybe I was just lucky...

@spindoci yeah same Godfathar ;) I'm not very sure about the buckle engraving issues tho, maybe DC can chime in?

On another note.. I'm really curious how good are the SW200 versions

_DC_

^^^ Can't comment on buckle engraving issues with V2, not a fan of the newer Nautilus with decorated movement so haven't had any experience with them.

Regarding the SW200, fantastic movement, case quality is so-so (the undecorated and presumably the decorated Miyota versions are far sharper finish) and the bracelet version has irritatingly flawed end links, but for the leather strap versions the SW200 is the only way to go as you can fit a gen strap (you can't with the Miyota versions)!!!

DC

bowtiefanatc

I have a V2 and I can honestly say that I wish that it was a V1. The extra thickness does have a feeling on the wrist. It actually makes the bracelet a bit snug and uncomfortable after a while of wear.

I'm thinking about biting the bullet and getting a V1 as well.

Since there is a rumor that the SW200 5711 G is no longer available, does anyone know if the A2824 version would work with the gen strap? Theoretically it should, but we all know how that goes in the Rep world.

spindoci

@spindoci yeah same Godfathar ;) I'm not very sure about the buckle engraving issues tho, maybe DC can chime in?

On another note.. I'm really curious how good are the SW200 versions

e0ca7ae82b09be514ef24edf90e2a41c.jpg

That's what I mean, the engraving is off centered and TS told me that the entire batch is the same :unsure::unsure: .

Should I get a MK v1 instead? Isn't the MK v1 with the wrong hour and minute hand?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

bowtiefanatc

That's the MKF version which most people don't regard as close to Gen, except for the white face and hands which you can have swapped into a BP v1

Godfathar

^^ don't be giving out my secrets looool

bowtiefanatc

Hahaha!! My bad! We all know people don't know how to search so the secret will be safe! Plus no one has any patience anyways.