Sign in to follow this  
boredpanda

First Impression of Patek 5711

boredpanda

This is my impression of the pp 5711 (I believe this is the blue faced bp v1 with correct hands)

Bought this off M2M over here and I quite like it so far.

It is very light and rather dressy, not very sure if I can pull it off well yet but we'll see.

Below are some pics for reference and my comments of this watch.

26563573416_4ae46c1866_c.jpg

25986564423_8dde8e9932_c.jpg

26563573216_55d523acd5_c.jpg

25986564053_f0b3191161_c.jpg

26563573056_be3380ea14_c.jpg

Good

• It is very thin and elegant watch. Can't comment about color accuracy or dial accuracy as I've not seen a real 5711 before (DC has a thread that compares the miyota vs sw200 anyway)
  • Hour marks are aligned relatively well (no complaints for me)
  • Movement is not decorated but still very nice to look at

Bad

• Link pins are not easy to get out (but can still be done and you'll probably only need to do it once)
  • Date not exactly centered on this piece (not big issue)
  • The date "18" on mine is kind of messed up and it looks quite bad
  • Biggest gripe for me is that the hour marks (especially 4 and 10 o'clock very badly scratched up) and this is my fear for getting rep when I first started (so I got a PAM111 that has no polished indices and probably easier to rep)

Side note: While photographing this watch I noticed that the seconds hand do not hack sometimes even when crown is fully out, could this be something wrong with a gear? Hopefully someone can chime in as I'm not an expert with hacking mechanisms

Now I'm considering whether to send it to get AR treatment from prof

Also, regarding the scratched hour markers, does anyone knows if it's common for reps?

Like should I be expecting hour markers on a 15400 to be somewhat scratched (or generally any watches that has polished markers).

If anyone wants to see the scratch markers, I'll post a bigger resolution picture for it.

Picture of scratched markers (look at 4 and 10 o'clock). Sure you won't notice if you take 2 sec to look at the time. But when I'm trying to admire the beauty of the watch it appears time to time especially when under sunlight and the scratch will be quite obvious. (right click -> open in new tab/window to view bigger size)

26563573416_a0c116f44f_o.jpg

Also would like to thank DC and Godfathar for their threads that help me decide on which model to get(:

Godfather's thread is over at RWI

Edited by boredpanda

Jasonbaylee

Nice write up, mate.

Bring it up, im sure many would like to see the hrs markers.

More than 1 road to Rome...

boredpanda

Nice write up, mate.

Bring it up, im sure many would like to see the hrs markers.

Thanks!

Uploaded the higher res pic already.

Really want to know if this is common in reps or just a one off thing.

Jasonbaylee

Normally, the 11th hrs markers are either badly lumed or scatched in an obvious perspective.

Yours seem pretty acceptable but of course nothing beats seeing in life as you owned it.

I like this dial; very stunning. Wear it well.

IMHO, im still waiting for a much better rep on this model.

See this thread. Hope you find it helpful.

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?268216-Patek-5711-updated-version-qc

https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/297536-5711-nautilus-miyota-with-updated-hands

Edited by Jasonbaylee

_DC_

No doubt, this is the best rep available of the Nautilus. Great dial (a little green but I like it), correct hands and no decorated bridges so it's nice and slim, perfect!!

Will have to get me one of these soon!!

Congrats buddy!

DC

boredpanda

Normally, the 11th hrs markers are either badly lumed or scatched in an obvious perspective.

Yours seem pretty acceptable but of course nothing beats seeing in life as you owned it.

I like this dial; very stunning. Wear it well.

IMHO, im still waiting for a much better rep on this model.

See this thread. Hope you find it helpful.

http://www.repgeek.c...ated-version-qc

https://www.replica-...h-updated-hands

Might be a very long wait then =P

No doubt, this is the best rep available of the Nautilus. Great dial (a little green but I like it), correct hands and no decorated bridges so it's nice and slim, perfect!!

Will have to get me one of these soon!!

Congrats buddy!

DC

I agree though it might be too green for me.

Thank you for your comparison guide too!

Any idea why is this the most popular as it always seem to be just this color (never white or black), gray on leather strap (sw200) or the 5980.

It's always these 3 models.

_DC_

Any idea why is this the most popular as it always seem to be just this color (never white or black), gray on leather strap (sw200) or the 5980.

If it turns out to be too green for you just drop me a PM, I'd be happy to take it off your hands!

It's popular because it's the purest form of the Nautilus and by far the most dynamic. The White and black dial (the black dial is a fantasy model) don't have the same dynamism in the dials, nor does the grey but I love my 5711g for different reasons. The grey dial on strap is far more subtle and sophisticated, just a great watch but very different to the bracelet versions!

DC

boredpanda

If it turns out to be too green for you just drop me a PM, I'd be happy to take it off your hands!

It's popular because it's the purest form of the Nautilus and by far the most dynamic. The White and black dial (the black dial is a fantasy model) don't have the same dynamism in the dials, nor does the grey but I love my 5711g for different reasons. The grey dial on strap is far more subtle and sophisticated, just a great watch but very different to the bracelet versions!

DC

Will definitely do ;)

But I think I'll keep it for now

WatchaholicMallorca

I have a Rose gold nautilus and also have scratched hour markers at 1,2 and 4. No idea why and didn't notice them when I first got it either.

boredpanda

I have a Rose gold nautilus and also have scratched hour markers at 1,2 and 4. No idea why and didn't notice them when I first got it either.

Ohh, did you just notice it? Was it bad or just mild scratch

Godfathar

Also would like to thank DC and Godfathar for their threads that help me decide on which model to get (:

You are so very welcome.. It's a pleasure to contribute back to the community that helped me so much and still help me :)

insert-here

I bought one of these m2m, just see what Patek was all about and why so many people like them. Turns out, it is one of my favorites in my collection, I was not expecting that. It fits well, sits on the wrist well, goes with most of what I wear, looks really sharp, and sits thin on my wrist. It's probably the most versatile watch I now have, and I like the simplistic dial, I can read the time easy for old man eyes.

boredpanda

Also would like to thank DC and Godfathar for their threads that help me decide on which model to get (:

You are so very welcome.. It's a pleasure to contribute back to the community that helped me so much and still help me :)

:B): guess we all learn from each other in this community

I bought one of these m2m, just see what Patek was all about and why so many people like them. Turns out, it is one of my favorites in my collection, I was not expecting that. It fits well, sits on the wrist well, goes with most of what I wear, looks really sharp, and sits thin on my wrist. It's probably the most versatile watch I now have, and I like the simplistic dial, I can read the time easy for old man eyes.

I know right! Now I really want to see a gen 5711 in flesh.

WatchaholicMallorca

Noticed it a few weeks after I got it as you can only notice the scratches at a certain angle in the sun. As small as they are I do find myself staring at them quote often...

boredpanda

Noticed it a few weeks after I got it as you can only notice the scratches at a certain angle in the sun. As small as they are I do find myself staring at them quote often...

Well well, I can only say I feel your pain hahaha. At least it's not noticeable when just viewing the time :sigh:

Qwert1230

Hello my friend Do you provide me with the best possible person who sells an patek?

Godfathar

^^ damn, I wonder how many people did you copy paste this to and send it as PM ? I know I got one message from you already as a copy paste of this.

boredpanda

Just realized that as well, mhmm.

DC and Phantomtech probably got shot one too

_DC_

Yep, sure did. Most people here will attest to the fact that I'm always happy to talk Patek and answer most questions, but this is just pure lazy ignorance, so he will find a polite but fairly curt reply in his inbox!!

DC

Godfathar

I actually answered him that all TDs have them. And he came back asking me for my favourite TD and a link..

My helpful attitude stopped right there.. :)

_DC_

Yeah I said much the same thing to him!!

DC

shenhua

mk FACTORY will be better quality

834dfd5a-4425-410a-92fc-fc8a428b0246_zpsraegr1ru.png

f0cd9b40-9b15-4d9a-b094-96a7206e0bc5_zpsox9qnuqn.png

_DC_

^^^ Something about that bezel just looks wrong, like the old DG4813 Nautilus reps, it's too flat and too wide, just doesn't look right!

DC

bowtiefanatc

Agreed, that one doesn't "scream" quality to me for some reason.

kingbb

Still thinking whether to get this PP and reading your thread just makes me wanna get mine ASAP!