Sign in to follow this  
Nugget001

Asian 7750 not working

tripo
I literally never use the chrono feature buttons. I only use the crown to set the date/time ( which I only do when at 6 o'clock). I hope that by minimizing the usage the longer will have a longer shelf life.

Things are not correlated.

The 7750 sec @ any place different than 9 means that they added gears to transfer the running second hand (which is the one that always moves, regardless pc the chrono is active or not) into another place on the dial.

I.e. at 3 for the Breitling blackbird, at 12 for the AP chrono, at 6 for certain IWC and the Daytona.

The latest movements used by SWF and ZF IWCs reduced these gears from 5 to 3 and now they all run over jewels (while before one wasn't) so they are ok. The older were stressing too much the movement and when a bit of debris (due to not jeweled gear) was accumulated they started to run bad or eventually stop. Also the 5 gears made the hand to move not in a fluid way.

Amen. That is what I learned thanks to you and other experienced guys here and next door. I was really tempted with this offer but eventually ordered SWF version. It is much cheaper than ZF and V6F and shouldn¨t be much worse. And Darren sold it instantly which make me nervous. :D

dmmoroney

Oh man, now you guys have me scared to death! I approved QC pics a few hours ago, no turning back now!!!

GenTLe
Oh man, now you guys have me scared to death! I approved QC pics a few hours ago, no turning back now!!!

Just avoid to use it everyday :)

dmmoroney

If the watch arrives DOA, or dies within say 30 days, any chance they would allow me to return it and swap for a different watch?

tonyh7

I've only got one A7750 watch (a Graham) and I must say it's been completely reliable. I don't use the chrono because I don't really need it. It does however run and reset flawlessly. I'm not much for chronos, but sometimes you just see a must have. The IWC spitfire is a really desirable watch. I must admit it confuses the shit out of me trying to work out which A7750 movement is being offered.

What's the A7750 like in non chrono watches? I assume that it's less trouble prone. I have my eye on a Panerai bronzo, and notice that it is available both with a seagull movement and an A7750.

dmmoroney

Agreed, I'm clueless as well on knowing which is being offered. A member earlier said that the Spitfire is a 3878, so the movement is a time bomb. But it beats me what age the movement is. Is there a newer Spitfire I'm unaware of??? Jeez, lol

JSJ
Agreed, I'm clueless as well on knowing which is being offered. A member earlier said that the Spitfire is a 3878, so the movement is a time bomb. But it beats me what age the movement is. Is there a newer Spitfire I'm unaware of??? Jeez, lol

If you feel better that it's a time bomb, fine. Reps are time bombs. Mechanical watches are time bombs. Cars are time bombs.

I have been inside a lot of these movements. Read what I wrote ^^^. Or just carry on and panic. It's just a rep watch. Nobody is going to die.

dmmoroney

If you feel better that it's a time bomb, fine. Reps are time bombs. Mechanical watches are time bombs. Cars are time bombs.

I have been inside a lot of these movements. Read what I wrote ^^^. Or just carry on and panic. It's just a rep watch. Nobody is going to die.

I was being facetious ;-) For $280 shipped, with the box, papers, and 2 leather straps I'm very happy taking the risk. Now I can replace the strap on my Portofino back to an "IWC" strap. It's a beautiful piece, I'm super excited!

dmmoroney

BTW, does anyone have a watchsmith in the Northeast US that they recommend? I'm in NY.

urban_giraffe

Hi Gang

My Tag Heuer Carerra 1887 with the Asian 7750 movement has stopped working. Bought this from Toro

Here's the link: http://www.toro888.c...product_id=1794

I've only worn the watch once & it's been sitting in my watch box for a couple of weeks

Got it out to wear this morning, changed the date & set the time with no issues but since then it's just stopped. Time won't change & the chrono won't start either

I've tried winding, wearing it & a gentle tap but nothing

Have emailed Toro but of course would rather be able to fix it first before sending back to China

Any ideas?

Thanks

Any further update on whether you found the issue or sent it back?

I purchased a Breitling Bentley a couple weeks ago and it only made it two wearings before the 7750 stopped ticking. Have pretty much already chalked it up as a lost cause, but would like to fix if possible!

Nugget001

Hi Gang

My Tag Heuer Carerra 1887 with the Asian 7750 movement has stopped working. Bought this from Toro

Here's the link: http://www.toro888.c...product_id=1794

I've only worn the watch once & it's been sitting in my watch box for a couple of weeks

Got it out to wear this morning, changed the date & set the time with no issues but since then it's just stopped. Time won't change & the chrono won't start either

I've tried winding, wearing it & a gentle tap but nothing

Have emailed Toro but of course would rather be able to fix it first before sending back to China

Any ideas?

Thanks

Any further update on whether you found the issue or sent it back?

I purchased a Breitling Bentley a couple weeks ago and it only made it two wearings before the 7750 stopped ticking. Have pretty much already chalked it up as a lost cause, but would like to fix if possible!

Hi all

Thanks for all the advice. I took the back off & had a good look around & couldn't see anything loose

Ended up sending the watch back to Toro for repair or replacement

Just waiting for the update now

Cheers

dmmoroney

My Spitfire is still ticking after 6 months. Only problem I just started having is that the crown will not screw down. Perhaps it is stripped? I'm still hoping to find someone that can repair this in or near New York City, if someone knows of anyone?

Monkey_Business

Hey mate.

At what time did the movement "jam"?

dmmoroney

Hey mate.

The movement is not stuck. Second hand still sweeping, still keeping time. The only issue is the crown will not screw in.

Monkey_Business

Hey mate.

The movement is not stuck. Second hand still sweeping, still keeping time. The only issue is the crown will not screw in.

Oh, haha - I was following up on the OP - Did not realise this was ages ago... :)

But yeah, if the Crown is intact on the stem, but does not screw in, it sounds like you have stripped a few threads..

dmmoroney

That's what I was hoping to hear. Now I just need to find a repair person in NYC.