Sign in to follow this  
sconehead

Advice on gen Sub...

sconehead

I'm currently looking to buy a gen sub as with the current financial climate there are some good deals to be had. I fancy an early pre-owned 16610 with lugholes. What should I expect to pick one up for these days as I've got a nice cheque due soon off the taxman.

swissaddict

Luthier I think he is looking for a watch, not just movement :DeadHorse:

I have seen several 16610 Subs with lugholes sell for approx. $2800-$3300 USD on ebay and timezone. Of course you will always find ads with higher "buy it now" prices, but look at the completed listings to see the actual selling prices.

Luthier

I have seen several 16610 Subs with lugholes sell for approx. $2800-$3300 USD on ebay and timezone. Of course you will always find ads with higher "buy it now" prices, but look at the completed listings to see the actual selling prices.

I'd buy Sub from WM9 and gen. mov't for about $500, and who will say it's not genuine watch?

swissaddict

I'd buy Sub from WM9 and gen. mov't for about $500, and who will say it's not genuine watch?

Anybody who is enough of an expert to open the case and look at the movement will already know it is fake when they see the pearl and the bad laser etching in the crystal (or no laser etching if you get the BK version with generic crystal). Gen movement is a waste unless you get gen bezel insert/pearl and gen crystal also.

But then you are spending maybe $1500+ for a fake watch that you cannot sell, only on replica forums, and probably will lose money doing that. If somebody is willing to pay $1.5k for a fake, they should just pay $3k for genuine.. then can sell it for the same amount or more some years later if desired.

sconehead

Thanks for all the links boys. $2800 to around $3250 should bag me one and is in my price range. I'll scout round for another week or so, then pick one up. If you see any good examples around this price, let me know in case I miss them...

Cheers...

swissaddict
Thanks for all the links boys. $2800 to around $3250 should bag me one and is in my price range. I'll scout round for another week or so, then pick one up. If you see any good examples around this price, let me know in case I miss them...

Cheers...

A lot of these on ebay that sell in your price range are straight auctions, not "buy it now" ads, so you will have to watch them and wait till the last second, then bid the highest amount that you're willing to pay.

On timezone, they always list a price, but you can sometimes negotiate lower. For example, here is one for $3495, but maybe you can get it down to $3200 or $3300: http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...31030&rid=0

Usually ebay has better deals though if you are patient with the auctions and bid at the last minute.

Edited by swissaddict

Luthier

Cheers...

Then definitely buy a gen.

Goodv luck!!!