barkingtoad

Help me fix it

barkingtoad

As a couple of you know ive a problem with my SOHv2

The crown / tube has threaded

23cba7e6.jpg

better pictures of each

b4011612.jpg1d8fbe5b.jpg

Now i have 2 of these but what should i do keep the blue because nothing is wrong with it or do i fix the black ?

I would have to use the case off the blue to do this ( as the tube is attached to it & i have no watch building experience ) so a straight movement change looks the easiest .

The problem i have is im struggling to decide which should be my keeper & which should become injured , so .........

YOU DECIDE

Luthier

Man, it's so easy. Keep gorgeous blue one, OK???

Tristan123

I do prefer the blue one myself

Dragonscape

KEEEP the blue and sale the black for someone else to mod

Del

I prefer the blue, but the black is more difficult to find now......I understand your dilema :unsure:.

I think the blue just pips it :thumbsup2:.

Inushuk

no doubt ... kill the black one ... :thumbsup2:

Silverspeed

Keep the blue one as it is.....if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

and send the black one to a modder to have it repaired...wait a while

and presto you'll have 2 SOHv2....:thumbsup2:

Akira

Don't kill the black one thats for sure

KBH

Keep the blue one and send the black one to me.

greg_r

Blue! :thumbsup2:

Slim

I would leave the blue one alone.

Member X

I can't believe it's impossible to fix, you just need to find the right person with the right skills!!

I would PM nightwatch and ask if he would be willing / able to look at it and try to make a new tube - it must be possible with some effort!

Given the number which have stripped, replacement tubes could be a good little earner for someone...

KeNnY

The blue in is better, go for blue :)

spboudart

Blue

gtwc

keep the blue - as long as you can remove the Apple logo from the dial !!!!

Cynikal.Mindset

so what's the problem here?? the tube is stripped or the crown is stripped?

Baldrick

Keep the blue, the black is pedestrian JMO, BIKIR :lol:

but the black is more difficult to find now..

That's all the more reason to keep the blue, who wants to run with the rest of the herd ;)

barkingtoad
so what's the problem here?? the tube is stripped or the crown is stripped?

The tube is threaded & it internally threaded

So im told

Cynikal.Mindset

So the threads on the crown have stripped off inside the internally threaded tube or have the internal threads in the tube broke off and are stuck on the crown threads?

you could use a JB weld type material to rebuild the threads inside the tube very easily, I've done it on many occasions in automotive applications for a quick and easy fix in the field. When JB weld dries and cures its as hard as steel and generally holds up fairly well

barkingtoad
So the threads on the crown have stripped off inside the internally threaded tube or have the internal threads in the tube broke off and are stuck on the crown threads?

you could use a JB weld type material to rebuild the threads inside the tube very easily, I've done it on many occasions in automotive applications for a quick and easy fix in the field. When JB weld dries and cures its as hard as steel and generally holds up fairly well

The crown / stem work fine , it will pull out to position 2 for adjusting date & pull out to change time.

It will push back in but wont do the final screw in to make it watertight it stays popped .

barkingtoad

As i dont really want to loose either of these i may be persuaded into giving the person that fixes the black one..........

ee9fe533.jpg

this as payment

3.5 months old

only weekend wear

clone Eta

from Robert

What do you recon guys ?

Anyone up for it?

Cynikal.Mindset

I'd take you up on this offer if I wasn't across the pond here in Canada...From what I'm thinking of what's wrong with it I could fix it up so the crown screws down again...hopefully somebody local to you can have a look and sort you out.

greg_r

The crown / stem work fine , it will pull out to position 2 for adjusting date & pull out to change time.

It will push back in but wont do the final screw in to make it watertight it stays popped .

Just a random thought (given that I know nooooooothing), but I'm wondering if it would be possible to trim the stem so that the crown sits flush when in winding position. You'd lose water resistance, but it should still be usable. (Suggested by the fact that my 21J bronze SOH does not have a screw-down crown).

I'm probably talking out of my ass - but just an idea...

barkingtoad

Im still wearing it to be honest G , it just sticks out like a chrono button but it keeps popping when i move my wrist

Cynikal.Mindset

Greg, that is a great solution to make it wearable without having the crown pop...should be really easy to do and if you wanted to keep some sort of water resistance from splashes etc you could fit a rubber plug on the stem in the tube to keep splashes out.