Sign in to follow this  
the_faz_man

Crazy hours...please explain the appeal!!

Baldrick
.... also my guide dog really struggles to read the time.

Obviously not as much as you do !

I'm not here to 'answer' your questions....you've been here for 4 years...if you haven't realised that by now..then you really do need a guide dog.....DUH !!!

Besides...what's to explain about the time shown on a 'jumping hours'....any fool..tool can see it !

Chrisby

Yet you did 'answer' my question, so thanks again, I can now say unequivocally that I can read these crazy hours.

63252471.jpg

Welcome sir :giggle:

Baldrick

Someone had to....you were never going to work it out on your lonesome...now....answer my question.

How the fuck have you managed to set up an e-mail address..managed to register on this forum...wake up in the mornings..and figued out how to tie your shoe-laces, walk and talk at the same time and yet the simple concept of telling the time on a jumping hours has eluded you...you're a bright boy aren't you...all 15 watts illuminating your path..no expense spared :facepalm:

Could the gene pool be any murkier?

carter23

Not my cup of tea... But certainly a very interesting watch and my mind no doubt will change in the near future and I'll end up with one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Chrisby

Jeezuz!! That's not one question, that's 5!!!!!

The answer though, is a simple one and I can answer it in just 2 words...

Meet Benji...

4ebb24a84b4f8c1ad39cd3548ffc0d48.jpg

He's incredibly intelligent. As you clearly pointed out I provide the 15 watts and Benji provides the other 75. Together we're unstoppable, separated I wouldn't be able to obtain an email address, register on this forum (and others), get up in the mornings, tie my laces (although I'm partial to slip ins, for obvious reasons), or walk and breathe at the same time.

He's a real godsend and I would ask for you all to dig deep into your pockets and sponsor a guide dog. Without him, I wouldn't be here.

Baldrick

Oh I bet you're fond of a slip in now again....I heard you're a bit light on your loafers :B):

RussP

Great watch.

Mechanically different to ALMOST all watches on the market.

Exceptional conversation starter.

He ain't referred to as The Master Of Complications for nuthin'

Chrisby
Oh I bet you're fond of a slip in now again... I heard you're a bit light on your loafers :B):

Aren't we all fond of a slip in, in some way or another?

Well I'm no 25 stone behemoth... That was what you were getting at wasn't it?

Baldrick

25 stone.....you've been on a diet haven't you...tho' I bet you still have to butter your hips to slide into yer Recaros :B):

Chrisby

I'm glad you've noticed, it's the Speedos... Isn't it?

Recaro? They make bucket seats, don't they? A bucket is just what I need for my wide load ass.

I'm surprised they make a head big enough to contain that impressive brain of yours.

Anyway it's been fun, however I need to go and eat my way through these food cupboards... Others would call it Tesco's....

Chrisby

Bringing this thread back on topic, I've always liked the idea of these, not too keen on the colours....

and now, thanks to the kindness of B, I can now tell the time on them too...

It seems new tricks can be taught to old dogs.

BadPickle

so what time was it? 12 0clock to 1 o'clock? so what was the hand pointing to the number 8 doing? twenty to twelve then twenty to one?

elp

crazy, innit

Chrisby

Well thanks to our resident genius,

I think, and I'm sure I'll be shot to fuck if I'm wrong, in relation to the hour hand the numbers do apply. So the hour hand flicks to which ever hour it is. So in the video it was on 12.59 and it jumped to 1.

and I believe, although this wasn't explained by Mr B... In relation to the minutes the numbers don't apply at all... You just have to imagine the numbers are in the correct place.

mauricio612

They're quirky. People like quirky. I just don't understand why people buy Rolex subs. Most boringly ubiquitous watch on the planet. Snoozeville...

:sofa:

I used to think the same way. For months I have wondered why almost every noob wants to start the hobby with a sub, why so much love for this model, so many versions whether genuine or reps, so many threads about which detail is missing compared to the gen, V5, V6, V6s, clasp, SEL and whatever, so much debate even though it is one of the best replicated watches.

And yet I found a way to get myself one 2 weeks ago, thanks @Rickracy, and I loved it right away. The love keeps growing every day.

I felt something was missing in the watchbox, any collection must have a sub in it. At first I bought it for the principle, I just had to have a sub. Now it seems that it's gonna get more and more wrist time.

The watch is boring, it is too common, too expensive for what it is, too may people have it, too many replicas, but still there is a special thing.

However, It is plain simple, classy and sporty, big and small, discreet and gaudy at the same time. It's sick. Now I want the hulk sub.

BadPickle

They're quirky. People like quirky. I just don't understand why people buy Rolex subs. Most boringly ubiquitous watch on the planet. Snoozeville...

:sofa:

I used to think the same way. For months I have wondered why almost every noob wants to start the hobby with a sub, why so much love for this model, so many versions whether genuine or reps, so many threads about which detail is missing compared to the gen, V5, V6, V6s, clasp, SEL and whatever, so much debate even though it is one of the best replicated watches.

And yet I found a way to get myself one 2 weeks ago, thanks @Rickracy, and I loved it right away. The love keeps growing every day.

I felt something was missing in the watchbox, any collection must have a sub in it. At first I bought it for the principle, I just had to have a sub. Now it seems that it's gonna get more and more wrist time.

The watch is boring, it is too common, too expensive for what it is, too may people have it, too many replicas, but still there is a special thing.

However, It is plain simple, classy and sporty, big and small, discreet and gaudy at the same time. It's sick. Now I want the hulk sub.

woah there mister!! Just stop the bus right there... You can't quote the boss here to tell him he's wrong, its just not the done thing.... next you'll be reaching over and taking a crafty swig from his pint glass... :death:

mauricio612

Nothing that I said implies he was wrong :)

I was just explaining to him that I was a sub hater and that things can quickly change.

I am still not convinced about AP's and Panerai's but I keep being told they will grow on me...who know how long that will take

BadPickle

Nothing that I said implies he was wrong :)

I was just explaining to him that I was a sub hater and that things can quickly change.

I am still not convinced about AP's and Panerai's but I keep being told they will grow on me...who know how long that will take

i'd zip it if i were you..... the boss has a TON of panerai too, you're on thin ice here mate :shark:

elp

Until he admits Grahams are aesthetically attractive, bossman is fair game :lol:

Chrisby
Until he admits Grahams are aesthetically attractive, bossman is fair game :lol:

:giggle:

Chavezzito

:rofl:

BadPickle

I'm still on moderator probation here don't forget, waiting to be "made up" any day now :Whistle:

elp

The Tinkerer's Liberation Front shall oppose your appointment

Robin195959

I'm still on moderator probation here don't forget, waiting to be "made up" any day now :Whistle:

i'll be made up when you are made up Stu.