Sign in to follow this  
chase0224

5370p arrived, extreme excitement turned to confusion

chase0224

So the 5370p I ordered finally arrived but I noticed that there appears to be a notch on the watch case above the 12 o'clock marker. I thought that maybe it was a chip in the watch case and that it was a defect, however when I looked at DC's photos of his watch it also appears to have this notch. So what do you guys think, is this notch suppose to be here or this a chip in the case? I also did not notice this in my QC pictures because it just appeared as if it were light reflecting differently. Can I post my QC to show you guys them?

IMG_0785 new_zpshsnvvknj.jpgIMG_0784 new_zpswc6xzulj.jpgIMG_0783 new_zpstd9w3hxo.jpg

Duzza

It looks to me like the gap in the case that you pry the bezel off from

chase0224

Interesting, I've never seen this before. It does look like fairly symmetrically clean cut, which is why I'm confused.

Duzza

It's a fairly old fashioned approach an usually located at 5 o'clock so it's not noticeable.

chase0224

I guess that makes sense, kind of annoying but if its suppose to be there I can get over it.

_DC_

Yeah it is indeed intended to allow removal of the bezel, since the movement and dial cannot be removed from the back. However, Matek (aka KeNnY) couldn't get the bezel off mine because the notch didn't have a corresponding notch in the bezel itself so it was t a big enough space for a case tool!!

DC

chase0224

Ahhh I see, I feel much better about this now lol Thanks for the input guys!