Sign in to follow this  
Rassilon

Fixing an A7750 With Second Hand Suck Between 10 and 2

Rassilon

Last week my Tag Carrera A7750 chrono went kaput.

The watch keeps time fine, but the second hand is stuck around the :57 marker. If I start the the chrono second hand jumps back to about :55 and gently bounces back and forth as it tries to tick. Stop the chrono and the second hand stays where it is. Reset and it jumps forward to :57 again. Video below.

In a discussion about another watch, Tim over at WatchFinder sent me an incredibly valuable email detailing known issues with 7750 movement.

His timing couldn't have been better. Having read Tim's email, I have little doubt that I'm the cause of the problem, likely having accidentally hit reset without stopping the chrono, and worse, having done so ignorantly with the second hand between 10 and 2.

Does anyone know of a fix for this that I can do without sending it in? I'm not opposed to paying to fix my mistake, but if I can repair it myself, I'd love the experience.

I'm very new to watches, as some of you know after discussing the Spectre second hand in another thread, but I don't mind (carefully) learning through experience.

I've gone 10 pages deep searching the forum for solutions to this, but I haven't found any.

Any guidance would be MORE than welcome.

Video of Carerra issue here:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RoiZ2ZDB2h8