Sign in to follow this  
BM284

Tudor Snowflake tweaking...

BM284

Hello all,

Right then - an update on the lovely snowflake that I purchased from mstan in m2m not too long ago. Mstan and Frazzle have both given great advice and helped get me in contact with the right people to be able to tweak this great watch!

image_zpsfrt4behv.jpg

First up Frazzle put me in contact with jmb (next door at RWI) for the case back engraving - it started out as this....

image_zps5cfyxta2.jpg

And currently on its way back is this....

image_zpsqoq6y9lw.jpg

The hands and face were removed ....

image_zpsa2icz0nn.jpg

And a vintage re-lume applied (big_dazza RWI ..thanks Frazzle) to look like this..

image_zpssryhx0mj.jpg

And to give myself some choice I picked up a lovely TC clasp from Robroy to replace the current one that came on the oyster bracelet and I picked up a fantastic rivet bracelet with Rolex clasp from Irate03...

image_zpsrve8718z.jpg

All the parts are booked in with Rolie for the start of next month (gives the caseback a chance to get here) for re-assembly and some Rolie magic! Can't wait!! So big thanks for the help so far and I'll be posting the finished watch when it's back in my possession!!

Chiruku

Man, thats going to look amazing when completed!

Andylaw1919

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Edited by Andylaw1919

BM284
Man, thats going to look amazing when completed!

Cheers mate - Im really looking forward to wearing the finished watch :) ... I find the waiting game so bloody hard!!

NCRich

Cool! Love it!

Abe Fromen

Very nice! Can't wait to see the pix of it completed.

Mine says hi!

IMG_5130_zpsr3re5fh2.jpg

BM284
Very nice! Can't wait to see the pix of it completed.

Mine says hi!

IMG_5130_zpsr3re5fh2.jpg

That's a good looking snowflake Abe - as soon as its done it will be posted!

Abe Fromen

Thanks. I went for the recently serviced, NOS look. Gotta say having the case drilled, and fully engraved makes a world of difference. So does having a low-beat Swiss ETA inside. :)

mstan

Looks good mate. Pleased it's finally got the mods it deserves.

Can't wait to see it finished.

BM284
Looks good mate. Pleased it's finally got the mods it deserves.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Cheers mate - I've changed the bezel to one of the bluer ones that came with it - I thought waiting for my TC sub was hard...this is torturous!

J!m

Op- your watch is looking great!

The crown guards need some love however. If you are inclined to work them, I can send pics of my gen and give some guidance on shaping them.

BM284
Op- your watch is looking great!

The crown guards need some love however. If you are inclined to work them, I can send pics of my gen and give some guidance on shaping them.

Thanks mate - I've pm'd you for some input :)

BM284

So the day has arrived ....it's back from its travels (had to pay my thanks in feedback first to Rolie - what a top guy) straight from the postman....

image_zpseu5bpgfm.jpg

Then mounted on the rivet bracelet ...

image_zps4abld9lm.jpg

image_zps7c4t003r.jpg

And finally a wristy ....

image_zpszwsuyldi.jpg

Quick disclaimer - I lack the photographic skills of Gazzler - the watch looks so much better in reality!!

Big thanks to all involved with helping me along with this little project - in the end I didn't work the crown guards, I did think on it for a while, but didnt fancy it (just in case I totally messed it up). End result -- I'm totally chuffed!!!

simey83
:drool: Lovely mate! Well done.

BM284
:drool: Lovely mate! Well done.

Thanks mate :)

Here's a lume shot to finish off with...

image_zpsqkadynl1.jpg

NCRich

Top notch!!!!

Abe Fromen

Very nice! Well done and enjoy!!

BM284

Thanks for the comments - it's been a great journey to get this point - and to me highlights what a fantastic community there is here - thank you RWG!

Frazzle

I'm glad you followed through with the tweaks on this already great watch from MStan. Looks like we've both now got fully tweaked watches sourced from MStan's member to member sales!

Enjoy it buddy this is a great snowflake!

The Caseback looks great and really adds to the authenticity of this build, the rivet bracelet and 580 end links add the right attention to detail and the subtle relume applied by Big Daz looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BM284
I'm glad you followed through with the tweaks on this already great watch from MStan. Looks like we've both now got fully tweaked watches sourced from MStan's member to member sales!

Enjoy it buddy this is a great snowflake!

The Caseback looks great and really adds to the authenticity of this build, the rivet bracelet and 580 end links add the right attention to detail and the subtle relume applied by Big Daz looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Frazzle - big thanks to you too for answering all my pm's and putting me in the right direction with the guys next door at RWI. I don't think this is coming off my wrist for quite a while!! :)

DR3M3L

Came in trough the other thread, I love it! Great build.

sogeha

Lots to like about this, but for me the biggest improvement was the lume job, it really makes the watch.

rolex321

Stunning. Could you tell me who engraved the caseback? Got a 5517 that needs engraving. Thanks.

BM284
Stunning. Could you tell me who engraved the caseback? Got a 5517 that needs engraving. Thanks.

It was a guy next door at RWI called jmb - he's based in Texas, but well worth the effort imo :)

rolex321

Ah that's a shame was hoping it was someone in Europe. He's done a fantastic job on that caseback