Abe Fromen

I'm gonna get flamed but here goes - Rubber B content

narikaa

no

time to replace the jewel

Abe Fromen

no

time to replace the jewel

Really? On a 2813? I thought that they were essentially throw away movements, ie. cheaper to replace than repair.

narikaa

'pends how much you're stupid enough to pay for repairs I suppose ; 0

Abe Fromen

'pends how much you're stupid enough to pay for repairs I suppose ; 0

Noted. :)

Abe Fromen

Broken balance staff. Should be back on my wrist in a week.

narikaa

Ten quid fix

watchsean7

This exact thing happened to me. okay.. from what I know and my 2-3 years messing with my three separate bands are. They fit explorer and old subs great. The new ceramic, its a real real struggle. I havent tried curved pins, but the problem is hole placement.

The problem is... the new subs, and my GMT the holes are a tad out, (towards the wrist) Where the old subs, (especially sea dwellers, explorer, etc) The holes are more in, so they fit much better. If you look at the sellers site, they even say (doesnt fit new subs)

I have been messing with this for YEARS. I rock a Rubber B on a Sea Dweller and Exp as they have different lengths... (or old Daytona) and thats it. I called it a day, I tried for weeks.

Besides them not fitting the new ceramic subs and GMTs they are awesome bands for the older stuff. Really nice.

I also have one of that guys Omega bands and its a little light or hollow. Just an FYI.

Good luck.

If anyone has a fix, let me know!!

Edited by watchsean7

watchsean7

It's a total pain in the arse, I gave up trying to use the gem Spring bars and just man handling it to get it to click in just keep struggling with it and it eventually pops in.

Mine says hello 11b4353d90b55ed10345353758544d27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See what I mean... explorers are do-able. Old subs; old Daytonas, etc. Sea Dwellers, you get the idea.

I may have to just buy a new style, comfortable steel band myself.

Abe Fromen

So update: My SD4000 is back from the spa, having had the balance staff replaced. Total bill was $55. Now the Rubber B is solidly on and I LOVE it. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic. Will take better pix soon with my DSLR that can better show off the modded, matte dial, compliments of Kenny.

SD4000_zpspsxg0xjb.jpg