Sign in to follow this  
toxic-erik

Sea-Dweller

toxic-erik

hi.

so i´m a noob... everybody knows that... right.

but... is this cheap or what..??

http://www.silix-prime.com/rol107-p-911.ht...c5h1s0u0985ov34

from one of the trusted dealer also.

whats the trick..?? is´nt there a movement inside or what..??

i can see that it´s not a perfect rep, but anyway...

MikeMcNair

its an old style, 21j, cheapie rep, that's about what its worth.

KBH

At that price, you can throw it away if you don't like it.

AllergyDoc

A lot of guys have been happy with Silex cheapies. Sounds like you have the right expectations.

jcglobal
A lot of guys have been happy with Silex cheapies. Sounds like you have the right expectations.

After I spent a few years in the hobby, and collecting a bunch of cheapies that no longer work, or as your experience grows, you discover just how bad they look, you realize you spend hundreds on junk and none of them work, or they work bad over time.

This watch at the price is probably worth exactly that much. You should do what makes you happy.

In my experience it is better in the long run to save up and spend $200-$300 on a better rep from a trusted dealer. Especially with the DSSD as there are so many good ones out there under $300 us.

Good luck what ever you decide. The price seems irresistible, but will you be happy with it a couple months after you get it is the question.

KBH

After I spent a few years in the hobby, and collecting a bunch of cheapies that no longer work, or as your experience grows, you discover just how bad they look, you realize you spend hundreds on junk and none of them work, or they work bad over time.

This watch at the price is probably worth exactly that much. You should do what makes you happy.

In my experience it is better in the long run to save up and spend $200-$300 on a better rep from a trusted dealer. Especially with the DSSD as there are so many good ones out there under $300 us.

Good luck what ever you decide. The price seems irresistible, but will you be happy with it a couple months after you get it is the question.

Agreed, 100 percent!

toxic-erik

well ofcourse you get what you pay for, but i think it´s great that you can buy a watch that looks like a rolex for less than 30 usd.

what do you get for 30 usd..?? two pizza´s and a coke..??

i have a few reps who are someware between 15-20 years old, and they are still working.

one of them is a rolex day-date, which i started up just a couple a days ago.

i´ve also ordered a much more expensive sea-dweller from mary, and a daytona from lawrence, but thats another story...