Sign in to follow this  
lopphile

Appears to be TGTBT, Too Good to be True :)

lopphile

I received in May 28 the Daytona they sent me from China. It's chronograph functions ceased in less than one hour on receipt. I challenged Tom of Solidswissimmediately. He denied it was China made but shipped from Switzerland to China for distributions only to avoid custom seizures. What a joke.

I asked tom to take the watch back for refund or exchange for a new one. He had never responded. Nor he had offered me to repair the watch under their 2 year warranty.

That watch is now dead. The crown can no longer operate to reset or rewind the movement. I have no doubt that the Daytona Solidswiss sent me is made in China like those that are selling at around 300 US dollars each from many net vendors.

My regret is that I did not made enough search to find out more on Solidswiss before i made the purchase. I should have come to RWG much sooner to save my money and all the trouble with Solidswiss.

Fellow members, please watch out for www.solidswiss.cd and the others in below:

www.swisstime.sr;

www.bestclones.sr;

www.swissreplica.cd;

www.bestreplica.sr

They all have the same characters in their presentations. Presentations classified as "scams" by RWG.

lopphile

Same experience this week with a "Mike" @ SolidSwiss.

RichardMiami

Not an intro. Moved to scams.

WatchDog21

Sorry but he is a known douche. Stick to our TD's and you will be ok

Daffy

There is a reason that this site has "Trusted Dealers", and why it is very dangerous to your wallet to stray...

myaz

Ouch. Well welcome to a safe place here.

lopphile

The Genuine Rolex Pics "ALL" at the 10:10 time of day should have been a clue ! Swiss manufactured/assembled another red flag. Not even TiN nor PVD technology being utilized. Dishonest in one area, dishonest in all areas of the description. Since ordered from a TD. Fortunately we are professional metallurgists & gold platers ourselves :)

Edited by lopphile

WatchDog21

The Genuine Rolex Pics "ALL" at the 10:10 time of day should have been a clue ! Swiss manufactured/assembled another red flag. Not even TiN nor PVD technology being utilized. Dishonest in one area, dishonest in all areas of the description. Since ordered from a TD. Fortunately we are professional metallurgists & gold platers ourselves :)

Just a little FYI. You will see the 10:10 hand position on our TD's pics as well. Aesthetically it makes for a nice pic and view of the dial.

Daffy

Plus it keeps the hands clear of the central logo, and the date window.

Johnwatch327

Is this a bad site to buy from?

WatchDog21

Is this a bad site to buy from?

Absolutely!

trailboss99

Did you, perhaps, spend just 30 seconds googling the URL before sending them what, 1500 plus dollars?

Did you perhaps think for one moment about the unlikelihood of the Swiss allowing fakes to be made in their own country or the total implausibility of their claims?

Look, I'm sorry you got scammed but if you had thought for just one minute it should have been obvious that nothing they claim is in the least bit plausible; or it would have been with just an hours research on the web in general let alone at one of the rep fora.

The Daytona is perhaps the single most unreliable rep out there mate, try again and this time until you understand what is what stick to uncomplicated watches (ie: time and date only).

mauricio612

You really learned the hard way and I feel sorry for you

Before I knew forums like RWG, I could have got scammed buying a 60 dollar watch. It would have been harder to scam me on a 300 dollar watch but 1500 man, I would not even send that kind of money to my TD!

tonyh7

The amazing thing about sites like that is that anyone falls for it. Spend more than two minutes on the site and its soon clear all is not well. Most astonishing of all is the pricing. North of $1000 for a rep rolex?

Wriggles

The amazing thing about sites like that is that anyone falls for it. Spend more than two minutes on the site and its soon clear all is not well. Most astonishing of all is the pricing. North of $1000 for a rep rolex?

A fool and their money is easily parted.

Sorry for the OP, but I'm with Trailboss on this, anyone with even a small bit of cop-on does some research before buying something on the internet, and even more so when it comes to something like illegal goods.

tonyh7

Apparently Nigerian email scammers always go for the really ludicrous ploys like 'I have found $5 billion and want to give it to you' because really ludicrous attracts total idiots. It's a sort of selection filter. Maybe the rep pricing on these sites is a similar thing. Anyone daft enough to pay those prices for a rep is daft enough not to see its a total scam.

Wriggles

Apparently Nigerian email scammers always go for the really ludicrous ploys like 'I have found $5 billion and want to give it to you' because really ludicrous attracts total idiots. It's a sort of selection filter. Maybe the rep pricing on these sites is a similar thing. Anyone daft enough to pay those prices for a rep is daft enough not to see its a total scam.

Must be some truth in that. Here's an example

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1116067/Postman-loses-130-000-savings-Nigerian-internet-scam-duped-friend-met-MySpace.html

Slink73

Have you read this from their site:

Many time buyers may ask themselves if swisstime.sr is for real or a scam?

Swisstime.sr is a Swiss Watch Factory and this website is our portal to the world since we obviously can’t open a store in 5th Avenue. We are dealing with hundreds of emails and phone calls each day and we totally understand that this is a question that it’s on your mind.

We are in a business that security and protection is extremely important to us, due the nature of our products, so we thought we would share a few facts to put you at total easy when buying a watch from Swisstime.sr.

1: Swisstime.sr is a Swiss replica watch manufacturer and not a reseller!

Swisstime.sr is a Swiss Watch Factory based in Geneva Switzerland. We manufacture Swiss replica watches and we sell them via our international distribution network. We are not the middle man since we produce all the products we sell.

2: Swisstime.sr entire website is SSL secure and not just the checkout page!

That means that your visit to our official website Swisstime.sr is 100% secure and all your data and credit card details are encrypted and kept totally private even from us. Swisstime.sr maintains an impeccable record by delivering Swiss made replica watches exactly as advertised.

3. With Swisstime.sr your money is 100% protected and insure at all times by Visa and MasterCard.

As with any company that operates online with Visa and MasterCard you are always 100% protected by your credit card company to get your money back in the event of any fraud.

4. Swisstime.sr guarantees delivery of your watch free of custom intervention and import tax no matter where you live.

With years of experience under our belt we know how to get your watch to you safely. We guarantee your delivery will be void of any customs issues or import tax.

5. Swisstime.sr offer a no questions asked 7 day return and exchange policy.

If you are not happy with your watch you may return it for a full refund or exchange it for another model of the same value. This policy is guarantee both by us and your payment provider.

Happy Safe Shopping!,

Well that's it - I'm sold I mean they've told me in (broken) English, that they are legit and everything. Now I must have a few grand I can just give away...

Slink73

put you at total easy...

I get someone has lost a few quid but FFS - my dad used to say "well it's in colour son, so it must be true" as he waved his Torygraph at the telly...

so for the fuckwit generation the piss take adage is: if it's on the internet, has stock photography and has pictures of smiley people with laptops it must be legit...

Tonystokes93

Stick the tds in future