Sign in to follow this  
WatchDog21

A Seiko of a week

WatchDog21

Had too much time on my hands last Saturday and so I began searching eBay for some different Seiko models. A few of my goals are to obtain a 1962 Seiko of pretty much any model, obtain a SARB065 "Cocktail Time" and eventually a Grand Seiko.

Knowing that most of these will be smaller than I normally wear I figured I would find something inexpensive and do some experimenting. As it turns out I bought 3 different models from eBay ranging from $21 - $65.

Pictured from left to right. SRN055, I have been waiting for the right deal on a watch with a white dial and blue hands so this one fit the bill perfect! Next is a gold 7N43-9048. I shy away from gold watches because I know I will wear the plating off by just desk driving. This one already had that done so no loss and it was the $21 purchase.

Following this is a 6309-8239. Proper size for my testing, nice and clean automatic watch. The last one up is not necessarily on my list for testing but the perfect opportunity to acquire a classic; a 1969 Bell-Matic in beautiful condition. This was the second time that I now had the opportunity to get this one, my "second chance", so I immediately went for it. I have a new strap on order for it since the strap that was on it is a bit small for my wrist.

The acquisition of these additional Seiko watches added to what I already own then presented a new opportunity. The purchase of another watch box, one that will hold just the Seiko watches in my collection which now currently stands at a count of 15. The remainder of my collection will occupy the 18 slot Rainer and the 12 slot Deep Blue watch boxes; hopefully.

26981328503_dae4f65dd5_b.jpg

TheTinMan

Very nice. What's the project/testing? I'm curious to know.

WatchDog21

Very nice. What's the project/testing? I'm curious to know.

Mostly just testing how well I like wearing the smaller size. My preferred is around 44mm and most of these will be around 38 - 41mm

RUSH2112

Cool collection coming along there. Nice