Sign in to follow this  
Luto

Rolex DSSD from PWC

Luto

Ok so as promised some more detailed pictures of this beautiful monster!

This is the $249 version with the 2836-2 movement - all in all a great rep. Only things i've noticed is the sweep is a tiny bit jaggedy which you can see in one of the close-up shots (my gen Sub is perfect smooth), and the flip-lock on the clasp doesnt sit flush on one side by just a fraction.

Pics:

1. The Dial text:

5469339153_87a32eb9a4_o.jpg

2. Inside the clasp

5469339023_91163b36b4_o.jpg

3. Whole dial

5469932754_ebd4f0b054_o.jpg

4. Flip-lock not quite flush

5469338827_1490de21d1_o.jpg

5. But still beautiful

5469932578_cfec502635_o.jpg

6. Close-up of pearl

5469932508_1b2451da35_o.jpg

7. Pearl & rehaut

5469932450_b5026548ab_o.jpg

8. Crystal etching

5469338593_97ae55ec26_o.jpg

9. Full length

5469338477_d48afac6b0_o.jpg

10. Hour marker close-up

5469338191_24660bc004_o.jpg

11. Movement (slightly unsmooth)

5469931756_44d55f36dd_o.jpg

12. Lume shot

5469931670_3c2d966676_o.jpg

13. On the wrist

5469335269_d47cf88855_o.jpg

14. Just to finish off a lume shot of my Sub.

5469931874_ff7178ea00_o.jpg

gB.

Nice Luto! Looks like we have another Ansel Adams on the forum... :)

SteveR123

Very nice, too bad I'm on Roberts ignore list so I ordered one from bk, which I should be getting in a couple weeks. :)

Nice pics btw.

Luto

Thanks. Ansel Adams - I wish!!!

Luto

One more thing I've noticed the crystal isn't evenly seated around the case. At the 6 o'clock marker it sits up more than the rest of the edge - is there a way to fix this easily or am I stuck with this?

d1isthe1

Nice wrist shot .... Enjoy

Edited by d1isthe1

Akira
13. On the wrist

5469335269_d47cf88855_o.jpg

I really like that style of wristie

Nice shot and nice watch

Del
One more thing I've noticed the crystal isn't evenly seated around the case. At the 6 o'clock marker it sits up more than the rest of the edge - is there a way to fix this easily or am I stuck with this?

My 21j version is the same as this - it is hardly noticeable unless you are specifically looking for it or you run your finger round the bezel and feel the higher side of the crystal.

I'd also be interested to hear if you can fix this easily (and I'm not wanting to stand on it with the ball of my foot....:D:blink:).

DarkGlass

My 21j version is the same as this - it is hardly noticeable unless you are specifically looking for it or you run your finger round the bezel and feel the higher side of the crystal.

I'd also be interested to hear if you can fix this easily (and I'm not wanting to stand on it with the ball of my foot....:rolleyes::D).

And mine too (bought for my Dad he's not noticed) but I'm not that bothered, but as with you would be keen to know of an easy fix, maybe they are all like that Robert ?

Steve227

Lume shots look sick! Very nice mate!

Slim

This is apparently a very common problem with replica DSSDs. Mine had the same problem, and so does Del's.

This is how I fixed mine: if you're going to try it, do so at your own risk :D

Well, I came across the following advice on another forum here: http://goo.gl/25tyS

3. Try this... I know it is a half assed, red neck remedy... But it will work. Take the bracelet off the watch. Put the watch on the floor on a semi hard surface. Linoleum works perfectly! Use your bare foot (or with sock on) and center the watch in the middle of the ball of your foot and press. You may need to rock back and forth a little... Then after doing this for a few seconds, do the same thing only using the heel of your foot. DO NOT use as much force when using the heel of your foot.

And to my delight, I felt the crystal snap into place with a satisfying deep 'clunk!' under my heel. The crystal is properly seated and perfectly level now.

Still very pleased with this watch, even more so now :P

Slim

I'd also be interested to hear if you can fix this easily (and I'm not wanting to stand on it with the ball of my foot....:):D).

Well, if you don't want to stand on it - and really I suspect the crystal is so thick that you're unlikely to break it - you could try tightening the watch between a clamp, wrapping it up in a teatowel or something first, so that it won't be marked. Eventually you should hear a dull clunk, like I did when I stood on mine :P

The domed crystal is much nicer when it's even.

KeNnY

SUPER PICTURES !!!!!!! I LOVE THE WRIST SHOT !! GREAT!! :D Welcome to forum, great watch and review ! :P

Del

I'd also be interested to hear if you can fix this easily (and I'm not wanting to stand on it with the ball of my foot....:D :P).

Well, if you don't want to stand on it - and really I suspect the crystal is so thick that you're unlikely to break it - you could try tightening the watch between a clamp, wrapping it up in a teatowel or something first, so that it won't be marked. Eventually you should hear a dull clunk, like I did when I stood on mine :)

I'm not sure I've got the nerve to stand on it :D.....is the crystal really that thick? I also don't want to crack the bezel....

Cynikal.Mindset

mine is a cunt hair uneven too but it keeps water out well and I dont wanna stand on the bloody thing

Luto

I'd also be interested to hear if you can fix this easily (and I'm not wanting to stand on it with the ball of my foot....:rolleyes::frusty:).

Well, if you don't want to stand on it - and really I suspect the crystal is so thick that you're unlikely to break it - you could try tightening the watch between a clamp, wrapping it up in a teatowel or something first, so that it won't be marked. Eventually you should hear a dull clunk, like I did when I stood on mine ;)

Don't want to be standing on it either. I might try squeezing it with a clamp though but only gently.

SUPER PICTURES !!!!!!! I LOVE THE WRIST SHOT !! GREAT!! :lol: Welcome to forum, great watch and review ! :lol:

thanks for the welcome, but I been here longer than you! :P

Slim
I'm not sure I've got the nerve to stand on it :lol:.....is the crystal really that thick? I also don't want to crack the bezel....

It's very thick on a gen, thick enough so you'd never break it by standing on it. I don't know if that's the case for a rep. I found it fairly easy to keep my weight on the crystal without exerting any pressure on the bezel.

I unlinked the bracelet, laid it flat on a hard floor crystal up then tried putting my weight on it, through the heel of my right foot - exerting a bit more pressure each time. Eventually I just put my whole weight on it and pushed slightly. Clunk! Job's a good 'un. It's very satisfying. Even better than popping bubble wrap.

Del
I'm not sure I've got the nerve to stand on it :lol:.....is the crystal really that thick? I also don't want to crack the bezel....

It's very thick on a gen, thick enough so you'd never break it by standing on it. I don't know if that's the case for a rep. I found it fairly easy to keep my weight on the crystal without exerting any pressure on the bezel.

I unlinked the bracelet, laid it flat on a hard floor crystal up then tried putting my weight on it, through the heel of my right foot - exerting a bit more pressure each time. Eventually I just put my whole weight on it and pushed slightly. Clunk! Job's a good 'un. It's very satisfying. Even better than popping bubble wrap.

:lol:

Might be worth a shot. Keep an eye out in the For Sale section though - one nearly new DSSD with cracked crystal :frusty: :P.

DarkGlass
Might be worth a shot. Keep an eye out in the For Sale section though - one nearly new DSSD with cracked crystal :) :).

Del you go first an let me know how you get on!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Luto

Had a quick attempt at standing on the crystal but too scared I'm going to break it so I've given up and going to ignore it.

Also, watch is now on a NATO strap which has made it soo much more comfortable!

A couple of pics on the NATO (going to get some more designs I think!)

5471883820_92600e124c_o.jpg

5471883754_d20e0c2ab2_o.jpg

KeNnY
thanks for the welcome, but I been here longer than you! :drool:

sorry for that :drool: you don't post so often, so I got exited :drool: then I will correct my self "WELCOME BACK!" :drool:)

Luto

No worries, thanks.

Del
Had a quick attempt at standing on the crystal but too scared I'm going to break it so I've given up and going to ignore it.

Also, watch is now on a NATO strap which has made it soo much more comfortable!

Very nice Luto :(.

I just tried the very scientific "stand on your watch" crystal "fix", but it would seem that I'm not heavy enough - it never budged :frusty:. I put my whole weight on it too, and I hurt my foot :rolleyes:.

Luthier

Tried sledgehammer?

I've heard it helps.

:(

Del
Tried sledgehammer?

I've heard it helps.

:rolleyes:

You mean like this? :( :frusty: